NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) Buffalo Bills

KC vs BUF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
That game felt weird. It was basically a nothing game since they'd already locked up top seed (technically the SOV tiebreaker was alive but Chiefs basically had that locked up too) so I think they played that one on autopilot.
It was a late season game they just needed to get the W in for security. They were 100% coasting.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Did Mahomes get sacked once in this game?

the bills are gonna need a pass rush if they wanna beat the chiefs in the future
I think Romo said at one point he hasnt been sacked in 105 pass attempts. I dont follow the Bills closely enough but they definitely need more of a pass rush and a running game. I know they were down most of the game, but like the Packers they still had opportunities to run the ball. Allen threw it 48 times. I dont think you will win many games in the playoffs throwing the ball that many times.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
The unfortunate thing for Josh Allen is, (if he's legit), he's a Peyton Manning to Mahomes, who already has the conference on lock like Brady did. Then again, Manning got his 1 with the Colts and that's all Bills fans are asking for. They just want 1.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
The unfortunate thing for Josh Allen is, (if he's legit), he's a Peyton Manning to Mahomes, who already has the conference on lock like Brady did. Then again, Manning got his 1 with the Colts and that's all Bills fans are asking for. They just want 1.

Allen is several tiers below Manning. And he's clearly inferior to Mahomes.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Bills need better pass rushers, a stout running back + ground game and some more weapons like a tight end and another receiver.

Bills have something here, just need to build off of it.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Im glad the Bills lost the way they did. Now they have a bench mark to reach if they want to make the big dance.A solid win for KC vs the second best AFC team. I'm also glad the Reffs didn't interfere with the outcome and there is no crying from fans pinning the blame on the Reffs.
Hopefully the Bills take thier licks and get back to the drawing board. As a bills fan ill be actively pulling for KC because...F Brady.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
That was a shit kicking.

Allen is not on Mahomes level, and the Bills aren't on the Chiefs level just yet.

Basically, it was a role reversal from 2 years ago.

When K.C. was the upstart, Mahomes was still not up to Brady's level and the Chiefs were not at the level of the imperial Patriots.

Now BUF was the upstart and KC was the team that had AFC-CG experience twofold

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

When K.C. was the upstart, Mahomes was still not up to Brady's level and the Chiefs were not at the level of the imperial Patriots.

I mean, no not at all.

The Patriots barely beat the Chiefs in OT, and would have lost if not for a player lining up a foot offside. It was also the end of the line for their dynasty where as the Chiefs are just beginning what could be one. Mahomes was already better than Brady.

The Chiefs murdered the Bills.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bills need better pass rushers, a stout running back + ground game and some more weapons like a tight end and another receiver.

Edge rusher is a need so is a running game. Is that a weak run blocking OL or not great RB? And another weapon at either TE or WR. Think TE would be more of a target so that Allen doesn’t have to go deep as much and gives him a bigger target over the middle vs Beasley. Davis had his moments but still can get better. Realistically at most 2-3 picks start for them so see where they spend money in the off season.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
KC is coming in hot like the 01 Rams and 14 Seahawks trying to get their 2nd title of their runs. Both faced Brady in the SB.

I've never seen an offense scheme as good as this Reid/Mahomes Chiefs run. They don't march down the field, running or making throws into tight windows. The stretch the field out with Hill and motion RBs and speedsters in the slot that are ready to take a 5 yard lob and run it 50 yards downfield. Kelce too but due to all the weapons they have he isn't as tighly covered as other all time TE's, due to the embarrassment of riches on offense, leaving him open so often. It just seems they can't be stopped for long. Somebody will have to solve it. Bowles is a good defensive mind and has 2 weeks.

I would think KC wins but am hoping for Tompa

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

Mahomes was not at all the problem that game and is largely the reason they hung in there. The first half the Pats did a great job on defense doing different things and throwing Mahomes and the offense off-kilter. That's why BB is the best coach of all time. However, that second half the Chiefs and Mahomes adjusted and were largely able to do what they wanted. The real problem was that 2018 KC defense is probably one of the worst defenses on a good team ever. And it still took Dee Ford lining up offside and a coin flip for the Patriots to win. As opposed to this game where, if Hardman doesn't fumble and give the Bills a walk-in TD, it's likely even uglier than the final score shows now.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Unlike those teams, KC is not up against a Belichick defense

Tyreek Hill isn't getting 200 yards in a quarter against a Belichick defense. Kelce isn't setting records when Belichick is the opposing coach.

Brady will realize the one guy he wanted to get away from most, would've in fact been the best guy to have on his sideline in a SB.

Which is why this will be the first SB his team gets their behind whipped.

Reid vs Arians is a huge mismatch.

Reid vs Belichick? Not so much a mismatch.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I'm going to rate Brady's SB performances:

SB 36: B. Yes he led the game winning drive. And he didn't turn it over. But if you looked at his numbers, they weren't great. BB kept the greatest show on turf, in a dome, to 17 points. There's no chance for Brady to lead a winning drive if any other coach is on the sidelines.

SB 38: A. Brady won them this game. Plain and simple. His defense was getting torched. If

SB 39: B. Brady wasn't sharp in the first half. But he changed it around in the second half. Eagles offense really wasn't blazing. This is a game where it kind of felt inevitable New England would win. You never felt McNabb had it in him. The final score of this game isn't indicative of how it felt or looked.

SB 42: C. You got the go ahead TD score. But...you consistently went for bombs against a ferioucious Giants rush. The bombs weren't working. There were plays to the RB to be made. And two TD's. You mustered two TD's. This for a record setting offense. As a side: going for it on 4th and 13th was bizarre.

SB 46: D. Brady was not sharp. The safety. The Welker (Both deserve blame) play. The picks. From start to finish, this might be his worst SB played. Why no F? He still had them in the lead. But boy was he poor down the stretch.

SB 49: B. No A due to the two picks. But that fourth quarter....wowzers. And against a once in a generation type defense too. Brought them back. This moves to a C if a certain CB doesn't make the play of a lifetime. Here's a side note: How much heat does Belichick take if the pick doesn't happen? He didn't call the timeout.

SB 51: A+. I understand Atlanta deserves blame. But over 300 yards passing in the 4th. 28-3 deficit erased. There's no way to go any other way. Had Atlanta won the toss and scored a TD, Brady still gets an A imo.

SB 52: B. The dropped pass. The fumble at the end. But who are we kidding. Any other QB at that time would've been on the receiving end of a beat down. He did everything he could. Belichick's worst coached game. I don't think it's close. A) No Butler B) Not putting Gilmore on Jeffrey till the 2nd half. C) Lazy attempt to block the nail in the coffin FG by Eagles kicker. D) OK Butler is benched. Why not remove Richard's or that other dude? E) Moot point. Game was over. Having a returner take the ball out down 41-33. Belichick definitely needed a game to redeem himself after this. And it would come...

SB 53: C. Yes he won. Yes he got the TD. But his performance was pedestrian. It's not a D due to said TD that put it away. Belichick was the real star. For everything he did wrong a year earlier. For all the heat he took. He did the complete opposite in this game. Let's put it this way: The Chiefs aren't holding the Rams to 3.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I'm going to rate Brady's SB performances:

SB 36: B. Yes he led the game winning drive. And he didn't turn it over. But if you looked at his numbers, they weren't great. BB kept the greatest show on turf, in a dome, to 17 points. There's no chance for Brady to lead a winning drive if any other coach is on the sidelines.

SB 38: A. Brady won them this game. Plain and simple. His defense was getting torched. If

SB 39: B. Brady wasn't sharp in the first half. But he changed it around in the second half. Eagles offense really wasn't blazing. This is a game where it kind of felt inevitable New England would win. You never felt McNabb had it in him. The final score of this game isn't indicative of how it felt or looked.

SB 42: C. You got the go ahead TD score. But...you consistently went for bombs against a ferioucious Giants rush. The bombs weren't working. There were plays to the RB to be made. And two TD's. You mustered two TD's. This for a record setting offense. As a side: going for it on 4th and 13th was bizarre.

SB 46: D. Brady was not sharp. The safety. The Welker (Both deserve blame) play. The picks. From start to finish, this might be his worst SB played. Why no F? He still had them in the lead. But boy was he poor down the stretch.

SB 49: B. No A due to the two picks. But that fourth quarter....wowzers. And against a once in a generation type defense too. Brought them back. This moves to a C if a certain CB doesn't make the play of a lifetime. Here's a side note: How much heat does Belichick take if the pick doesn't happen? He didn't call the timeout.

SB 51: A+. I understand Atlanta deserves blame. But over 300 yards passing in the 4th. 28-3 deficit erased. There's no way to go any other way. Had Atlanta won the toss and scored a TD, Brady still gets an A imo.

SB 52: B. The dropped pass. The fumble at the end. But who are we kidding. Any other QB at that time would've been on the receiving end of a beat down. He did everything he could. Belichick's worst coached game. I don't think it's close. A) No Butler B) Not putting Gilmore on Jeffrey till the 2nd half. C) Lazy attempt to block the nail in the coffin FG by Eagles kicker. D) OK Butler is benched. Why not remove Richard's or that other dude? E) Moot point. Game was over. Having a returner take the ball out down 41-33. Belichick definitely needed a game to redeem himself after this. And it would come...

SB 53: C. Yes he won. Yes he got the TD. But his performance was pedestrian. It's not a D due to said TD that put it away. Belichick was the real star. For everything he did wrong a year earlier. For all the heat he took. He did the complete opposite in this game. Let's put it this way: The Chiefs aren't holding the Rams to 3.

Didn't read lol.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Definitely. Pretty exciting time to be a Bills fan, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
No.

The Ravens play high school offense and they need a shitload of time to score points. KC would have obliterated them and Lamar would have fallen apart, as usual, when forced to become a passer to come from behind.
I don't know. I think it would've been a closer game. Baltimore's defense is MUCH better than the Bills, and they can actually generate pressure. Buffalo's offense couldn't get anything going because they were completely outcoached. It was exactly like their game in October. KC's disguised blitzes confused the hell out of Allen, and the line couldn't block a nose bleed. I know Buffalo's offense is better than Baltimore's, but I can't see Baltimore's offense struggling any more than Buffalo's did that game. I mean- the offense had one TD until garbage time, and that TD was due to a botched punt that put them at the 1 yd line.

I think Baltimore's defense would've made a couple of big stops and actually put a few hits on Mahomes. Honestly, last Sunday may have been one of the easiest games Mahomes has played in the playoffs. I think he was only touched a couple of times. Did he even get knocked down?

That's not to say Baltimore would've won. I don't think their offense is potent enough to keep up with the Chiefs, but man- even Cleveland put up a better fight than the Bills, and that's coming from a Bills fan.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't know. I think it would've been a closer game. Baltimore's defense is MUCH better than the Bills, and they can actually generate pressure. Buffalo's offense couldn't get anything going because they were completely outcoached. It was exactly like their game in October. KC's disguised blitzes confused the hell out of Allen, and the line couldn't block a nose bleed. I know Buffalo's offense is better than Baltimore's, but I can't see Baltimore's offense struggling any more than Buffalo's did that game. I mean- the offense had one TD until garbage time, and that TD was due to a botched punt that put them at the 1 yd line.

I think Baltimore's defense would've made a couple of big stops and actually put a few hits on Mahomes. Honestly, last Sunday may have been one of the easiest games Mahomes has played in the playoffs. I think he was only touched a couple of times. Did he even get knocked down?

That's not to say Baltimore would've won. I don't think their offense is potent enough to keep up with the Chiefs, but man- even Cleveland put up a better fight than the Bills, and that's coming from a Bills fan.

Fair points. However, unless the Ravens could score first and take a lead... their offense would have been rendered useless and KC would have had a lot of drives to score points.

And even then... a 10-point lead against the Chiefs is nothing. You need to be able to keep scoring.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I've been watching old nfl clips mainly from the 80s and 90s, watched a few on the Bills. Dont think they called it the Bills Mafia yet but their fans were great. Also, Marv Levy is amazing. Can only imagine him coaching in the social media time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->