NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) Buffalo Bills

KC vs BUF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The poll was more a reaction to obnoxious Chief fans than anything else.

Lol you have your head in the sand if you don’t think the Bills and Josh Allen were riding a media hype train designed to create a matchup here. The Bills have been nothing special in the playoffs leading up to today.

Like I said, the Bills WILL be a force (great QB and coach and leadership) but this was too early for everybody to jump on them.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
No

It's really not at all. It's a personal foul, which they recieved. Blame the NFL rules book if you must, although I think the roughing the passer should have been called too so offsetting was closer to right.
Let's put it this way, if Okafor dove down onto Allen he'd have been tossed immediately and then suspended for a lot more than one game, but somehow that doesn't apply when it happens to him?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Lol you have your head in the sand if you don’t think the Bills and Josh Allen were riding a media hype train designed to create a matchup here. The Bills have been nothing special in the playoffs leading up to today.

Like I said, the Bills WILL be a force (great QB and coach and leadership) but this was too early for everybody to jump on them.
It's hard to be "special" in the playoffs. There aren't many blowouts and the AFC field was by record the strongest playoff field since at least realignment, which is mind blowing considering the #7 seed theoretically drags the fields winning percentage down. KC very easily could have lost last week if the correct helmet to helmet call was made on the fumble out of the endzone

KC won in the red zone and they were able to scheme their top targets open. That was the difference in the game.

Reactions: BSHH

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Let's put it this way, if Okafor dove down onto Allen he'd have been tossed immediately and then suspended for a lot more than one game, but somehow that doesn't apply when it happens to him?

Are we just going to ignore that he was standing over Allen talking smack? He even got a PF for it. That's absolutely not a suspendable act. That's ridiculous

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
idk we werent great against the falcons in week 16 that means we suck
That game felt weird. It was basically a nothing game since they'd already locked up top seed (technically the SOV tiebreaker was alive but Chiefs basically had that locked up too) so I think they played that one on autopilot.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Also given that this is a hockey board you’re more likely to have people from Buffalo on here than KC and homers are gonna vote (myself included).
That makes perfect sense. And a lot of people in Southern Ontario are Bills fans.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Of course he did that because Allen threw the ball right at his head.
And was also called for it. And Just like Perriman spiked Milano after his long run, and wasn't called for it.

KC frankly should have eaten 3 or 4 personal fouls in the first half and got 1. What a shock there might be anger.

Nothing rises to sustainable at all, and the ejectionable plays were frankly missed the other way way before this play.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Assuming he doesn’t run into injury issues, he’s going to quickly catch up to Brady in the GOAT race.
Well after this year Mahomes big contract kicks in and so begins the Chiefs salary cap challenges. And Mahomes, unlike Brady, didn't help his team by giving them a hometown discount.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Of course he did that because Allen threw the ball right at his head.
oh my gawd give it a rest. The guy took him down late and Allen very lightly tossed the ball at him. Allen got the penalty. You make it seem like the guy almost had his head knocked off.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
oh my gawd give it a rest. The guy took him down late and Allen very lightly tossed the ball at him. Allen got the penalty. You make it seem like the guy almost had his head knocked off.

Fish on the Sand is making this Allen throwing the ball thing sound like Talib/Crabtree

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So how exactly did the Raiders beat KC? That's the only game Mahomes has lost since mid-November 2019

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

The Bills were playing better than nearly every team coming in and were on a roll and beat two pretty competitive teams on the way there...saying the Bills were nothing special is a joke they probably were the hottest team going in. All it shows is that you haven't paid attention to the season as a whole

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Bills were playing better than nearly every team coming in and were on a roll and beat two pretty competitive teams on the way there...saying the Bills were nothing special is a joke they probably were the hottest team going in. All it shows is that you haven't paid attention to the season as a whole

Lol did you even read what I wrote? Anybody who thinks the Bills have been special these last three weeks has a strange definition of special.

And yeah, I paid attention to what mattered this season. The Chiefs outclassed the Bills twice. There was absolutely a media barrage this past week to insert the Bills and Allen into the same territory as the defending champs and Mahomes. They took their medicine and who knows, if Allen improves as much this off season as he did last we could be seeing a real battle next season for the AFC title. I don’t discount the Bills trajectory - I discount how easily people seemed ready to crown them recently for some hot stretches of regular season play.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Lol did you even read what I wrote? Anybody who thinks the Bills have been special these last three weeks has a strange definition of special.

And yeah, I paid attention to what mattered this season. The Chiefs outclassed the Bills twice. The Bills weren’t and aren’t ready.
The Bills weren't ready to play in one of their playoff games so if the Chiefs get beat by the Bucs in the SB are they suddenly a bad team now too? The Bills were 13-3 and they had a tough schedule on top of that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Bills weren't ready to play in one of their playoff games so if the Chiefs get beat by the Bucs in the SB are they suddenly a bad team now too? The Bills were 13-3 and they had a tough schedule on top of that.

I never said that he Bills are bad, just not quite ready. Allen should come back stronger for this.

Brady versus Mahomes is champ versus champ. Both have been through the ringer that’s the difference to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->