2021 3-Round NHL Mock Draft 1.0

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
It's funny, @Eich Jackel . When you first put out the feeler for this mock, I thought, "Eesh, Idk if I can even do a 3 round mock, not enough info", and now I'm feeling like I want to keep going, cause there's so many more players I like :laugh:

Agreed. I would be interested to see what players others think should have been taken (or at least strongly considered) in the 3rd. I will start

Tyson Hinds—really blossoming since being traded to Rimouski; good sized D.
Jake Chiasson—has always been nearly as productive as the "big" names every year and in tournaments
Eric Alarie—like Chiasson has produced just a touch below the players currently in the first round

Reactions: uncleben

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Well these mocks make me aware of a ridiculous amount of prospects. It makes me do so much scouting and research on them and come across great players I have never seen or heard of.

If it wasnt for these mocks, I would not bother to research anywhere near the amount of prospects.

So, effectively, thank you @Eich Jackel for being the reason I expand my knowledge on these prospects. :thumbu::cheers:

OB5

May 2, 2015
Well these mocks make me aware of a ridiculous amount of prospects. It makes me do so much scouting and research on them and come across great players I have never seen or heard of.

If it wasnt for these mocks, I would not bother to research anywhere near the amount of prospects.

So, effectively, thank you @Eich Jackel for being the reason I expand my knowledge on these prospects. :thumbu::cheers:
Truth. I full rely on these mocks as education for the draft.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Agreed. I would be interested to see what players others think should have been taken (or at least strongly considered) in the 3rd. I will start

Tyson Hinds—really blossoming since being traded to Rimouski; good sized D.
Jake Chiasson—has always been nearly as productive as the "big" names every year and in tournaments
Eric Alarie—like Chiasson has produced just a touch below the players currently in the first round
I had Hinds, Jacob Guevin, Jackson Blake, and Francesco Arcuri on my radar, for first time draft eligible players. Not saying they all go 3rd or even 4th round, but names I at least had interest in.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
If I didn't want to take a goalie with my last pick, I probably would have gone one of James Malatesta or Liam Dower Nilsson instead. Those were the last of my 2nd round rated guys.

Wyatt Johnston, Lorenzo Canonica, Dmitri Katelevsky, Dmitri Kostenko, Nolan Allan are other guys I think should have gone as well unless I missed that happening.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I had Hinds, Jacob Guevin, Jackson Blake, and Francesco Arcuri on my radar, for first time draft eligible players. Not saying they all go 3rd or even 4th round, but names I at least had interest in.
I have a simple model that tries to find D-men who are undervalued and Guevin is scoring really well.

Arcuri is definitely worth keeping an eye on—HockeyProspect.com really likes his skating.

Reactions: uncleben

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
8799-BD4-A-8-E4-A-4117-BF98-592-A0-EF450-D0.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->