2021/22 Utica Comets and ECHL Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
If I'm correct Baumgartner, Pytlik, and Pakkila were supposed to be signed by 6/1/22 or their potential career with NJ was over. Were they released?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If I'm correct Baumgartner, Pytlik, and Pakkila were supposed to be signed by 6/1/22 or their potential career with NJ was over. Were they released?
Pytlik is playing Europe in part because it’s that or back to the OHL, he couldn’t play in the AHL because he’s 19 and the Soo Greyhounds still have his rights. He wanted to play pro hockey and I don’t blame him for that. I assume Pytlik will be probably signed at some point, probably after the Liiga season is over in April. His Liiga contract isn’t a problem, if there isn’t an out clause in his contract for a transfer then NHL/IIHF transfer agreement covers it.

I’m less sure that Baumgartner gets signed. Pytlik really wants it, I don’t know anything about Baumgartner. He was an overager, the team was probably hoping for a more impressive D+1 year. In his defense, it was a weird, sucky herky-jerky year for everyone. He’ll be 22 in April, he would have to impress this season to make something happen. He’s a center, which is nice, but I doubt he would leave the NL just for an AHL career, the Swiss league is a particularly sweet gig. (I also don’t know if the Swiss extended their participation in the IIHF transfer agreement in 2021-22, I started to look and my brain melted. I personally don’t recommend researching this issue, but that’s just me.)

Pakkila is 21 and sounds like a lefty Studenic. I doubt he gets signed in the last minute, after he was drafted back in 2017, but you never know. We’ll see how his season in Liiga goes.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Pytlik is playing Europe in part because it’s that or back to the OHL, he couldn’t play in the AHL because he’s 19 and the Soo Greyhounds still have his rights. He wanted to play pro hockey and I don’t blame him for that. I assume Pytlik will be probably signed at some point, probably after the Liiga season is over in April. His Liiga contract isn’t a problem, if there isn’t an out clause in his contract for a transfer then NHL/IIHF transfer agreement covers it.

I’m less sure that Baumgartner gets signed. Pytlik really wants it, I don’t know anything about Baumgartner. He was an overager, the team was probably hoping for a more impressive D+1 year. In his defense, it was a weird, sucky herky-jerky year for everyone. He’ll be 22 in April, he would have to impress this season to make something happen. He’s a center, which is nice, but I doubt he would leave the NL just for an AHL career, the Swiss league is a particularly sweet gig. (I also don’t know if the Swiss extended their participation in the IIHF transfer agreement in 2021-22, I started to look and my brain melted. I personally don’t recommend researching this issue, but that’s just me.)

Pakkila is 21 and sounds like a lefty Studenic. I doubt he gets signed in the last minute, after he was drafted back in 2017, but you never know. We’ll see how his season in Liiga goes.

Thank you. That's the info I was seeking.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Eliteprospects says Baumgartner’s current contract goes through 24/25 or 25/26.

Seems unlikely he will be coming over before his rights expire.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Well I guess I learned a bit about the history of Merrimack’s men’s hockey program defending our AHL coach, whom I didn’t particularly care about, and who’s no longer actually our AHL coach, after getting sucked into a dumb debate about him after a certain poster wouldn’t stop weirdly shitting on him. Feeling good about my life decisions right now.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

It’s interesting that he’s getting “Chief Scout, Amateur Scouting” since there are a bunch of guys with titles.

We have a Head of CHL scouting (Andy Schneider), Head of US scouting (Scott LaChance) and Head of European scouting (Niklas Evertsson).

Then Scott Harris is Director, Amateur Scouting Operations and Paul Castron, Vice President Amateur Scouting.

Harris and Evertsson were scouts who came with Castron while LaChance was a scout with the team.

I’m not complaining, my only point is that it’s turning into a hell of org chart when there aren’t that many scouts with teams.

C25D58A8-94F8-4911-8CDB-134B6D18A8DB.jpeg

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
It’s interesting that he’s getting “Chief Scout, Amateur Scouting” since there are a bunch of guys with titles.

We have a Head of CHL scouting (Andy Schneider), Head of US scouting (Scott LaChance) and Head of European scouting (Niklas Evertsson).

Then Scott Harris is Director, Amateur Scouting Operations and Paul Castron, Vice President Amateur Scouting.

Harris and Evertsson were scouts who came with Castron while LaChance was a scout with the team.

I’m not complaining, my only point is that it’s turning into a hell of org chart when there aren’t that many scouts with teams.

View attachment 459458
i wonder if his amateur scouting is going to be around the world, or just US. pretty cool job if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->