Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Does Florida still have that one Russian guy that was drafted right before Kaut? Denisenko? Or how about Heponiemi? Think those guys could be additional adds to Tippett possibly?

Yeah, they still got those guys. I think Tippett still has enough cache around the league to swing a trade though.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
IMO it will Tippett + 2nd rnd pick + something else for Giroux.
Sakic driving up the price.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Two solid 3rd liners at a reasonable price and the deadline went great. Only one and you kinda wish there was more. A Soda level forward and there should be riots.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I think we should overpay for Lehkonen tbh. He’s an RFA so we can keep him or recoup assets for him, defensively solid, good play driver, can be our Nuke light on the 3rd line. Sometimes you have to overpay for the right depth player, like the Bolts when they scooped us on Coleman

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs lacking a 2nd rounder in the next two drafts is going to make it difficult to pull off a trade for Copp without giving up the 2023 1st. A 1st feels a bit steep in this forward market though. Are there any WPG prospects that would be of interest to Colorado and could be included to balance value?

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Avs lacking a 2nd rounder in the next two drafts is going to make it difficult to pull off a trade for Copp without giving up the 2023 1st. A 1st feels a bit steep in this forward market though. Are there any WPG prospects that would be of interest to Colorado and could be included to balance value?
True. I want to shift gears and grab Lawson Crouse.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I think we should overpay for Lehkonen tbh. He’s an RFA so we can keep him or recoup assets for him, defensively solid, good play driver, can be our Nuke light on the 3rd line. Sometimes you have to overpay for the right depth player, like the Bolts when they scooped us on Coleman
I don't know, I don't think I would recover emotionally if the Avs didn't win the Cup after overpaying for Lehkonen. He would help our depth for sure though.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Two solid 3rd liners at a reasonable price and the deadline went great. Only one and you kinda wish there was more. A Soda level forward and there should be riots.

Lehkonen 50% ($1.15m) + Clutterbuck 50% ($1.75m) totals $2.8m so that could be done without moving anyone out and having and having $200k to spare of the $3m deadline capspace.

Landeskog -- Mackinnon -- Rantanen
Nichuskin ----- Kadri ------ Burakovsky
Lehkonen ---- Newhook --- Clutterbuck
Compher ------ Sturm ----- O'Connor
(Helm, NAK, MacDermid)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He can't. If the Leafs fail again IMO he's gone and possibly Shanahan too.

Dubas is likely gone if they faceplant in the first round again. I still think Shanny lives for another day but Dubas and Keefe are dunzo.

I have to say it's been a mixed bag with Kyle. I still think he had to clean up too many messes Lou left, but he's made mistakes of his own too.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Should be an interesting next 96 hours or so.

Just have to wait and see before passing any judgment. IMO even if we do nothing else at all, while disappointing, we have definitely gotten better this deadline and at least filled 2 areas of weakness, getting a big physical partner for Girard/Byram, and getting a big 4C thay can win a faceoff better then Jost.

Hopefully we do more. I can see Sakic having thay same mindset as Dubas right now though. We are running out of assets and trading a 1st for a rental is a dangerous game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad