Trois-Rivières Lions 2021-22 Lions de Trois-Rivières

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You are correct.

He played 24 games with Chicago a few years ago. He played most of his pro career in the AHL with Rockford and last year with Colorado Eagles.

He hasn't been particularly productive in the AHL (53 pts in 167 games), especially last year with 3 points in 23 games, so maybe a stint in the ECHL can help.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Le marché des joueurs autonomes de la ECHL bientôt ouvert

-ECHL free agency starts on July 9th (this Friday)

-About half the Trois-Rivières team should feature players on two-way AHL/ECHL deals (so signed by Laval)

-So Trois-Rivières needs to have contracts with about half the club (a dozen players I'm guessing here, the other half signed with Laval or Montreal)

-There is a lot of interests from players to join the Lions

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Main candidates for TR so far:

F Gabriel Bourque (LAV)
F Cam Hillis (MTL)
F Cedric Desruisseaux (LAV)
F Justin Ducharme (LAV)
F Alexandre Fortin (LAV)
F Shawn St-Amant
F Danick Martel (LAV)
F Arsen Khisamutdinov (MTL)

D Tobie Bisson (LAV)
D Tory Dello (LAV)
D Gianni Fairbrother (MTL)
D Carl Neill (LAV)
D Charles-David Beaudoin (LAV)
D Terrance Amorosa (LAV)
D Jacob Leguerrier (unsigned)

G Kevin Poulin (LAV)
G Michael McNiven (unsigned)

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Main candidates for TR so far:

F Gabriel Bourque (LAV)
F Cam Hillis (MTL)
F Cedric Desruisseaux (LAV)
F Justin Ducharme (LAV)
F Alexandre Fortin (LAV)
F Danick Martel (LAV)
F Arsen Khisamutdinov (MTL)

D Tobie Bisson (LAV)
D Gianni Fairbrother (MTL)
D Carl Neill (LAV)
D Charles-David Beaudoin (LAV)
D Terrance Amorosa (LAV)
D Tristan Pomerleau (LAV)
D Jacob Leguerrier (unsigned)

G Kevin Poulin (LAV)
G Michael McNiven (unsigned)
Are Martel and Pomerleau signed by Laval already?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Alexis D'Aoust, offensive winger, is from Trois-Rivières, has experience in both AHL and ECHL as well as Europe. Went to QMJHL finals in 2015-16 (98 pts in reg season)

Olivier Archambault, offensive winger, is a former Montreal Canadiens draft pick. 54 pts in 47 games last year in ECHL.

Guillaume Beaudoin, defensive defenseman, is from Bécancour near TR, went to University of Trois-Rivières. Former Armada who played under Joel Bouchard. 1 game experience in ECHL. Played in France this past season.

Mathieu Brodeur, a 6'6 defensive defenseman just won the ECHL Cup with Fort Wayne. Has a ton of AHL/ECHL experience. Former Coyotes draft pick.

Mathieu Gagnon, another defenseman, has 247 games experience in the ECHL. Was on Brampton Beast 2 years ago, a Montreal affiliate.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Very early look, we should be fine on D, need to sign at least 5 more forwards and probably a goalie

Desruisseaux - Hillis - D'Aoust
Archambault - Ducharme - Fortin
x - Khisamutdinov - x
x - x - x

Fairbrother - Neill
G. Beaudoin - C-D Beaudoin
Leguerrier - Brodeur
Amorossa - Gagnon

Poulin - McNiven(?)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Very early look, we should be fine on D, need to sign at least 5 more forwards and probably a goalie

x - Khisamutdinov - x
x - x - x

Fairbrother - Neill
Leguerrier - Brodeur
Amorossa - Gagnon

Poulin - McNiven(?)

I'm assuming Fairbrother starts with Laval but TR is a possibility too obviously. It's pretty solid, lots of guys with decent experience/production at that level.

Reactions: NA Scouting

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I'm assuming Fairbrother starts with Laval but TR is a possibility too obviously. It's pretty solid, lots of guys with decent experience/production at that level.

Fairbrother definitely could start in AHL but it will depend on who Bergevin brings in. I view Kulak as a possibility to be cut and waived for Laval. Fleury/Brook as well Schueneman/Bisson. Let's not forget Ouellet, too. If Fairbrother is #7 he might as well start in TR. Of course this depends on waivers and Montreal.

There will probably be other additions for Laval too, so I view it as more likely Fairbrother is in the ECHL to start. I think Laval will definitely get a veteran D to replace Leskinen/Olofsson and in case someone like Ouellet or Fleury stays in MTL or is claimed on waivers.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I will also add that if Khisamutdinov is sent to the ECHL, I would expect him to have his contract terminated.

Since the team is in Trois-Rivières, and not far-flung USA, he might be more inclined to join if the coaching staff has a plan for him. He looked pretty lost in Laval this past season. I would hate to see him wasted on the 4th line again

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Martel and Bourque strengthens Laval's top-9 to the point there isn't many spots left. And Bergevin will surely add at least one more veteran.

Martel/Bourque/veteran
Teasdale/RHP/Ylonen
Blandisi/Dauphin/Baddock
Lucchini/Pezzetta

Not even including Vejdemo and Poehling.

Not a lot of spots left for Khisa and Hillis, which tells me they could be in TR. Of course, things can change fast. For exemple, Blandisi isn't signed yet.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

x - Khisamutdinov - x
x - x - x

Fairbrother - Neill
Leguerrier - Brodeur
Amorossa - Gagnon

Poulin - McNiven(?)
I think Poulin will be the backup of Primeau and McNiven will be the Lions #1 and get a lot of start

Reactions: NA Scouting

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Martel and Bourque strengthens Laval's top-9 to the point there isn't many spots left. And Bergevin will surely add at least one more veteran.

Martel/Bourque/veteran
Teasdale/RHP/Ylonen
Blandisi/Dauphin/Baddock
Lucchini/Pezzetta

Not even including Vejdemo and Poehling.

Not a lot of spots left for Khisa and Hillis, which tells me they could be in TR. Of course, things can change fast. For exemple, Blandisi isn't signed yet.

neither is Lucchini or Pezzetta plus we have to see what other moves are made, trades, etc...

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Keep an eye on Anthony Nellis. He just had a terrific run with KELLY cup winner Komets and might be interested in coming back to Quebec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->