Trois-Rivières Lions 2021-22 Lions de Trois-Rivières

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
The Laval Rocket announced on Thursday that the team has agreed to terms on a two-way, AHL contract (2021-22) with Quebec-born defenseman Carl Neill.
upload_2021-7-1_21-22-51.jpeg

Last edited:

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Looking forward to seeing where Carl Neill fits into the organization. He's a RHD with some size and offensive capabilities - just hope he can defend...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

And it continues. Looks like a pretty good ECHL D.

I knew they were going to get a bunch of QC guy for the team, but a this point I'm starting to wonder if there's going to be any non-QC (or non ex-QMJHL) players on the team. :laugh:

To be clear, I don't really mind it as many of the signings are pretty decent/good ones.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

I knew they were going to get a bunch of QC guy for the team, but a this point I'm starting to wonder if there's going to be any non-QC (or non ex-QMJHL) players on the team. :laugh:

To be clear, I don't really mind it as many of the signings are pretty decent/good ones.

It was to be expected. My guess is we will hear 5-6 more. I would try out with Samuel Asselin.

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Let's not underrate the snowball effect these signings will have on the Quebec-born AHL/ECHL players. That's Ducharme, Desruisseaux, Bourque, Poulin, Martel, Beaudoin in a very short span, plus how many Quebecers already signed.

If you're a Quebec AHL/ECHL free agent right now, you're probably calling your agent in a panic trying to get in on the action. Who wouldn't want to play for Laval or Trois-Rivières if you're from here?

Especially with Bouchard as head coach (if back, of course).

Players will be lining up to sign with this team.

Reactions: TRG

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

Marc-André Bergeron clearly said he wanted to sign as many QC players as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's literally the whole team.

So far so good, for Trois-Rivières. I think they are allowed to sign free agents starting this week. I expect a flurry of signings very soon.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

If I'm not thinking of the wrong guy, he came very close to getting a deal with us as an invite in one of our summer camps once upon a time.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Marc-André Bergeron clearly said he wanted to sign as many QC players as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's literally the whole team.

So far so good, for Trois-Rivières. I think they are allowed to sign free agents starting this week. I expect a flurry of signings very soon.
Maybe the next Gourde won't slip through their fingers next time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Although Fortin is on a two-way deal, he will most likely stay in Laval. He's played only 24 games in the NHL for the Blackhawks, but he's been an AHL'er the rest of his pro career.

Reactions: NA Scouting

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe the next Gourde won't slip through their fingers next time.

I think that is the goal. Not to let other Gourdes and Marchessaults get away from them. It doesn't mean every Quebecer will sign with 3R or Laval, some will end up signing elsewhere.

But they want to increase their chances of having kids like Gourde, Marchessault, Desharnais, Burrows, and Bouillon to name a few, who went undrafted and started in the ECHL and/or AHL and worked their way up to the NHL and having great careers.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Isn't he the one who made the Blackhawks opening day lineup not that long ago ? Am I thinking of the wrong guy ? Did he somehow regress after that ? He seemed pretty close to making it at one point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad