Trois-Rivières Lions 2021-22 Lions de Trois-Rivières

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Any decent young local coach that could be had in your opinion? Has there been any leaks? Any rumors?
Bélanger ferait aussi partie des candidats intéressés à diriger la nouvelle franchise de Trois-Rivières dans la East Coast Hockey League. Tout comme Pascal Rhéaume soit dit en passant.
Qui succédera à Félix Potvin?

So we know that Eric Bélanger and Pascal Rhéaume are candidate for the job

there is probably other candidates that where not leaked

Reactions: Hawkman

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What? No, les Rafales, les Alouettes, les Expos. Those are french names. Tons of exemple in the QMJHL as well, where there is also a decent group of anglophones.

Normal to have french names in the Q. The ECHL has 1 Québec team out of the teams out there. Not the same. And the Lions with their logo expresses TONS of different things. Not Les Forgerons who mostly expresses the past. Frankly, Lions makes total sense. And way more sense than Forgerons would.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What the actual f*** is that abomination of a logo? It looks like that dog thing from Neverending Story.

Hey you have the right to your opinoin. NO problem with that. But congratulations in being in the 1% of people who hate. And I think I'm too harsh with 1%...lol

Reactions: 1909 and Hawkman

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What the actual f*** is that abomination of a logo? It looks like that dog thing from Neverending Story.
fc15772dfa55db16be456812b5bb9496.jpg
VS
upload_2021-6-11_10-17-25.png

How it makes you think of the same thing is.....special.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Marc-André Bergeron said on the radio yesterday that they would sign ''a lot'' of Quebec-born players and they were already talking with a lot of guys. Said the only guys they can't talk to are those who are still under contract in ECHL/AHL. They can start signing players on July 9th.

He also said the Habs were very cooperative and that they were going back and forth right now trying to evaluate players and trying to find the right fit for the org. He also said sometimes the line is thin between if a player shall be considered AHL or ECHL but that they are looking at everyone. They are getting very positive feedbacks from players.

Salary is supposed to be anywhere between $550 and $1000 American weekly with housing included. For living in the Trois-Rivières area this seems like a very good salary for young adults. Not sure if this is paid only during the season or summer included (12 months).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think it should have been expected that this job would be given to someone on an entry-level kind of deal.

Even the coaches in Major Junior will most likely have a path to the AHL rather than ECHL.

It's similar to how the Growlers' first coach was Ryan Clowe a few years back when they were an expansion team. He left for personal reasons, but the Growlers did win the Kelly Cup in their first year.

I don't know enough about Bélanger as a coach the way I knew of Ducharme and Bouchard and was praying Habs would hire them. So I'm willing to give Bélanger the chance to work his way up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anthony Beauregard was named the 2020-21 ECHL MVP. He finished 1st in assists and 2nd in points. He played a few games with Laval a few years ago. I would love to see him signed to play with 3R.

MAB said that they have some players they can't talk to yet because they are currently signed somewhere, but when they become free agents, they'll give them a call. I'm hoping Beauregard is one of those players.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Anthony Beauregard was named the 2020-21 ECHL MVP. He finished 1st in assists and 2nd in points. He played a few games with Laval a few years ago. I would love to see him signed to play with 3R.

MAB said that they have some players they can't talk to yet because they are currently signed somewhere, but when they become free agents, they'll give them a call. I'm hoping Beauregard is one of those players.

I had hope so too....so unless there's something in the contract, he just signed in Europe.

Replacement for Guillaume Asselin - HC Sierre signs Anthony Beauregard

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad