Trois-Rivières Lions 2021-22 Lions de Trois-Rivières

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Can someboyd tell me how that works? Is that the Laval thread? Or both Laval and Trois-Rivières? And if so, why is my post on another Trois-Rivières thread? Can we just simply things please? Either create 2 sticky threads or just 1....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Can someboyd tell me how that works? Is that the Laval thread? Or both Laval and Trois-Rivières? And if so, why is my post on another Trois-Rivières thread? Can we just simply things please? Either create 2 sticky threads or just 1....

I have been moving all the 3R stuff to their own thread as I figured at least for the first season, they should have their own thread and we'll see how much posts it gets.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I have been moving all the 3R stuff to their own thread as I figured at least for the first season, they should have their own thread and we'll see how much posts it gets.

No problem with that. We should rename the Laval one just Laval. And sticky the Trois-Rivières right under it no?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just a reminder that these were the finalist names, as is listed in the OP:

- Le Flambeau
- La Forge or Les Forgerons
- Club de Hockey de Trois-Roivières (CH de Trois-Rivières)
- Les Lions
- Les Riverains
- Les Saints
- Les Tritons
- Le 1634

Jul 6, 2016
Les Draveurs. Like the Junior team they had 30-40 years ag0.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
What's with all the forgery theme if you're gonna name the team lions? The lion footage is so out of place. Logo is really nice but lions doesn't fit at all with the city. Les Forgerons de Trois-Rivières would have been better. It also has a nice touch because of the saying ''en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron'', since it's an ECHL team, where hard work pays off.

Reactions: Toene

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What's with all the forgery theme if you're gonna name the team lions? The lion footage is so out of place. Logo is really nice but lions doesn't fit at all with the city. Les Forgerons de Trois-Rivières would have been better. It also has a nice touch because of the saying ''en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron'', since it's an ECHL team, where hard work pays off.

Because you always need a bilingual name. And Forgerons doesn't work. Because Trois-Rivières is not just some forgerons. Also Trois-Rivières once had a Lions team from 55-59.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Because you always need a bilingual name. And Forgerons doesn't work. Because Trois-Rivières is not just some forgerons. Also Trois-Rivières once had a Lions team from 55-59.
3R being in Mauricie, it should have been les conifères de 3R. But it's not very appealing. :huh:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

What about "Les Draveurs"? I assume there a lot of drave in Trois-riviere? And there was a Junior team named that way too.

But the logo is pretty cool, even though the name is a little childish (but maybe that's the goal, to attract a younger crowd!)

rockey

Aug 12, 2018
Really liked the logo but would love a name related to the team like le Rocket.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What about "Les Draveurs"? I assume there a lot of drave in Trois-riviere? And there was a Junior team named that way too.

But the logo is pretty cool, even though the name is a little childish (but maybe that's the goal, to attract a younger crowd!)

They wanted to avoid Les Draveurs to forge their own identity.

Reactions: abo9

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
il_570xN.1943363310_nmj4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

trois-rivieres-lions-new-logo-2021-echl-three-rivers-3r-lions-sportslogosnet.png

Aug 25, 2009
éal
What? No, les Rafales, les Alouettes, les Expos. Those are french names. Tons of exemple in the QMJHL as well, where there is also a decent group of anglophones.

Reactions: Toene

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
A tad generic and not the most ''this is Canada'' theme in the world but it'll do I guess. It's easy to remember and easy to brand. I hope they'll get the people that did the unies for the Rocket to handle their uniforms, the ones in Laval are absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad