Trois-Rivières Lions 2021-22 Lions de Trois-Rivières

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Realistically Desruisseaux won't make it to the show but at least he has the opportunity to work his way up through an actual development system on teams that have the habs interests in mind. Even if only a few players make the team from this development path it still creates a pipeline of players who wouldn't have had the opportunity to showcase themselves further passed their junior career. Late bloomers exist everywhere I would gladly take a bunch of Desharnais types who went undrafted and worked their way up the system

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Realistically Desruisseaux won't make it to the show but at least he has the opportunity to work his way up through an actual development system on teams that have the habs interests in mind. Even if only a few players make the team from this development path it still creates a pipeline of players who wouldn't have had the opportunity to showcase themselves further passed their junior career. Late bloomers exist everywhere I would gladly take a bunch of Desharnais types who went undrafted and worked their way up the system

Exactly and we have good exemples with Harvey-Pinard and Teasdale doing extremely well as rookies in Laval and already showing much better potential than what was initially thought

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

I was gonna post this article, then I saw your post and realize you ARE Matthew Vachon! Just figured it out haha. You are doing great work man keep it up :thumbu:

Matthew is a must follow by the way on Twitter as he will cover the ECHL in Trois-Rivières and has always been one of the best QMJHL journalists. A true pro

According to the article, here are some Québécois who may be interested in playing for TR:

Matthew Boucher
Alexis D'Aoust
Alex Dubeau
Samuel Laberge
Cedric Montminy
Cedric Pare

I would love to see these guys in a TR jersey

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I was gonna post this article, then I saw your post and realize you ARE Matthew Vachon! Just figured it out haha. You are doing great work man keep it up :thumbu:

Matthew is a must follow by the way on Twitter as he will cover the ECHL in Trois-Rivières and has always been one of the best QMJHL journalists. A true pro

According to the article, here are some Québécois who may be interested in playing for TR:

Matthew Boucher
Alexis D'Aoust
Alex Dubeau
Samuel Laberge
Cedric Montminy
Cedric Pare

It’s not me and where not related hahaha :P but I do agree that he’s making a great job and he’s a must to follow on Twitter.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Dominated vs kids 2-3-4 years younger than him. Not a bad signing, but no one should be awed by those sorts of numbers in junior from a 20-21 year old.

Reactions: Chet-Nick

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Matthew Boucher
Alexis D'Aoust
Alex Dubeau
Samuel Laberge
Cedric Montminy
Cedric Pare

@Vachon23 is related to Mad Dog Vachon and Luna Vachon. :sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Although I'm not sure Habs would bring Galipeau back with the way he had agreed to go to their camp but then turned to sign with the Bruins, do you guys think he's worth bringing in for TR?

Reactions: Vachon23

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Dominated vs kids 2-3-4 years younger than him. Not a bad signing, but no one should be awed by those sorts of numbers in junior from a 20-21 year old.

AHL signing, whatever. But for one I'm glad that such signatures come from the local pool

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

It's also a two way AHL-ECHL deal, not bad, worst case he ends up in the coast

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There was an article about quite a few Quebecers that wouldn't mind coming home in tihe ECHL next year. Obviously not hopefuls for the NHL....but an added Q flavour in the ECHL. Would be neat to get Beauregard, the ECHL top scorer but he's going in Europe. Matthew Boucher, born in LA but Philippe Boucher's son would be interesting too. Cédric Montminy, Cédric Paré, Michael Joly, Samuel Laberge, our ex Stefan Fournier....So many candidates to add some local flavor and really good ECHL'ers. ON D Galipeau could be interesting. In net, maybe Alex Dubeau even though I'm not that much of a fan....Maybe as the 2nd goalie.

Also seems that Trois-Rivières is interested in Alexis Daoust who is now playing in Slovakia.

Couple of other names I have in minde...(though I don't know their contract)
In Europe Slovakia, Denmark etc.
Jonathan Charbonneau
Jordon Southorn
Alex Breton
Pierre-Olivier MOrin. Who is from Trois-Rivières.

And obviously it doesn't have to be solely quebecers....Cody Donaghey is an interestsing candidate. Loved him in the Q. The thing is that if you want to extract players from Europe, well playing hom as to be the first thing you're interested in. 'Cause chances are you are not getting more money....

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Although I'm not sure Habs would bring Galipeau back with the way he had agreed to go to their camp but then turned to sign with the Bruins, do you guys think he's worth bringing in for TR?

I hope they do it. I wanted a contract for Galipeau in 2018. I didn't follow him but statswise seems to be fine in the ECHL. Thought he'd be more than that though.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Nobody thinks he's a future NHL'er. Nobody. But could be very good for our ECHL team. And could be a callup for our AHL team.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Something tells me that Bouchard will ahve his say on the guys we acquire. Don't be surprise to see Merisier-Ortiz getting a AHL-ECHL contract.

Alex-Olivier Voyer could be another interesting guy. Doesn't have a contract next year. Filler though.
Charles-Édouard D'Astous on D, nice size.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->