Confirmed Signing with Link: 2021-22 Free Agency Thread

smsgtkvv

May 30, 2003
South Hill
Visit site
His contract ended this year and Ottawa tendered a qualifying offer which makes his a restricted (Group II) free agent. He'll remain a restricted free agent until he is 27 years old which will be in 2025 or re-signs with Ottawa before that or his rights are traded, etc. Seattle can trade for his rights, too.

Maxim Mamin is one of the rare example of a restricted free agent from years past who plays a year or two in Europe and then re-signs with Florida.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Forgot about Zajac also....

I am guessing he is option 2 if we can't sign Cizikas, but at this point in time we don't have enough capspace(or even roster space for that matter) to sign all our RFA, the players I mentioned and a 2nd pairing cheap LHD(I am talking 3-4M range)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I am guessing he is option 2 if we can't sign Cizikas, but at this point in time we don't have enough capspace(or even roster space for that matter) to sign all our RFA, the players I mentioned and a 2nd pairing cheap LHD(I am talking 3-4M range)

So what can Islanders afford to pay Cizikas ?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
6 years is probably too long. 3.5m for a 4th line player though?

I would argue Cizikas is a 3rd line center who fits perfectly on the Islanders 4th line. I do believe his stats sort of take a hit given the role he has played for us(else he would be a consistent 35-42 point guy in the right situation)

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I would argue Cizikas is a 3rd line center who fits perfectly on the Islanders 4th line. I do believe his stats sort of take a hit given the role he has played for us(else he would be a consistent 35-42 point guy in the right situation)

Don't the Islanders also have a pressing need to lock of Beauvillier

should be interesting how the rest of the summer shapes out

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Don't the Islanders also have a pressing need to lock of Beauvillier

I am guessing 4.5-5M. I can see them giving him a 3-4 year deal to try reduce the cap(ie he would be a UFA @ 27/28). Beauvillier is sort of the opposite of Cizikas were the longer the contract the bigger the caphit(due to age)

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Interesting. With all the guys on AHL deals getting NHL contracts this year, I figured Pouliot would get another NHL deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad