Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I continue to be baffled by the utter hatred of Reilly by many on this board. Especially as Connor Clifton gets a giant free pass.

Need 8 defensemen. Right now our 7 is Ahcan. Hopefully Vaak, but then Ahcan is 8. I don’t get wanting to weaken defensive depth this year by trading away a bonafide NHL defenseman who doesn’t suck anywhere near what people seem to think.
Reilly drives me crazy .Every game the other teams get at least 2 looks all alone. Clifton is another guy when out there the Bruins are hemmed in steady .Add in Fly by Jake to.Replace them 3 your cooking with gas.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I continue to be baffled by the utter hatred of Reilly by many on this board. Especially as Connor Clifton gets a giant free pass.

Need 8 defensemen. Right now our 7 is Ahcan. Hopefully Vaak, but then Ahcan is 8. I don’t get wanting to weaken defensive depth this year by trading away a bonafide NHL defenseman who doesn’t suck anywhere near what people seem to think.
Well the idea is to get defensive from Chychrun Linholm,Middleton or somewhere so Reilly can be replaced .........I will not give Clifford a pass I think he should be out of the lineup also...........now you can ask me who do replace them with ,and I will direct your question to Donny Sweeney he is responsible for this situation.

Reactions: Gordoff

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
No problem. I get to talk to him every once in a while. Great person to talk to you. I will say this about Jaffe: There isn't a more approachable media person out there. Maybe Mick. They will take time to answer questions and won't be dicks about it. What you see on MorningBru is Jaffe. Not the guy you see on NESN.
Listen to all the MorningBru offerings. Him and Raycroft seem genuine, much like yourself. A lot of us love hockey more than most and it's why I love being able to interact with pro hockey minds!

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015

I hesitate to show any analytics on Reilly because you already know the incoming replies. I can agree the eye-test is more harsh on him but even then I can name 3 bruins defenders who've had more trouble in their own end this season. Ideally he's on the third pair but shipping him out for nothing is absurd.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019

I actually agree with you. I have no problem Reilly being dealt for a better piece but he is not worth nothing.

Ideally he's on the third pairing and takes on better matchups

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You’re overrating Lindholm, he’s a good dman but no where close to Mcavoy. Zero % chance Mcavoy is number two in ice time on a team getting beat out by Cam Fowler.

Saying he’s their McAvoy doesn’t mean = McAvoy.

Lindholm is an elite #2, an ideal LD for the roster

Seems like Giroux to Florida is at 98% happening

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I hesitate to show any analytics on Reilly because you already know the incoming replies. I can agree the eye-test is more harsh on him but even then I can name 3 bruins defenders who've had more trouble in their own end this season. Ideally he's on the third pair but shipping him out for nothing is absurd.
Not for nothing. He has value to someone as a third pair puck mover. What is that value? As part of a package in a bigger trade or standalone probably a third rounder. His analytics I bet are decent, because he makes some good plays. The problem with him is wild inconsistency. One shift he is using his body and throwing meaningful hits, the next he is soft as butter. Same with his offense: he'll make a beautiful outlet pass or a perfectly timed pinch, then next shift he makes a bad turnover.

In terms of 3 guys who have more trouble in their own end, I would bet Clifton, Forbort, and Carlo. Is that about right?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I actually agree with you. I have no problem Reilly being dealt for a better piece but he is not worth nothing.

Ideally he's on the third pairing and takes on better matchups

The only problem with this, and why I think he should go is that if either Lindholm or Chychrun come in, there is no spot for him. He isn't better than Grizz by any means, and he doesn't use his body or kill penalties like Forbort (fwiw I don't think Forbort is all that great either, but he does is role decently), so where do you put him?

Reactions: bob77 and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad