OT: 2023-2024 News Around The NHL Thread

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
NHL and Sharks statement on Evander Kane: NHL, Sharks statements on Evander Kane

Basically: they will conduct a full investigation, because of integrity of the game etc etc.
As they should. It's a very serious allegation and I'm not trying to downplay it, but it wouldn't be the first time when a relationship is about to end (if what the wife said is true, she's a fool for staying with him) and baseless accusations are made.

I would think the league will do a throughout investigation on this, because if they disputed it now and it comes out 5 years later that it was true after Kane has played in the league for almost two decades, oh boy..

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
In this case, the allegation is extremely credible because we already know that Evander Kane has a huge gambling problem. This would absolutely fit with the behavior pattern of an addict.

Kane has a long history of having terrible judgment. In a situation like this, I am typically very skeptical of a spouse who is filing for divorce and publicly postures against a celebrity this way. However, when the specific allegations fit the pattern of behavior of the accused -- and the accused is known to be a bonehead -- then I'm going to be inclined to believe them. When the accused further tries to defend himself against allegations of deadbeatery by going "Uhh, dude, I tried to facetime my kid a couple of times, wtf" then I'm just going to uncritically accept them at face value until I see evidence to the contrary.

At this point, I think even the people inclined to defend Kane are starting to tap out on that lost cause. What a mess.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
and the accused is known to be a bonehead

Doesn't matter unless the justice system should ad hominem argumentation as valid evidence.

There's a lot of (crazy) women out there who looking for opportunities to wreck mens' lives over because they got rejected for whatever reason. If Kane indeed admitted losing on purpose to his wife then he's one really stupid individual.

if they disputed it now and it comes out 5 years later that it

Corporate strategy rule #1: Short term gains over long term gains.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Big Buff saw him for what he’s worth in the Peg. Just watch the video where he gives him the finger. E Kane is a dirtbag - always was and always will be.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Doesn't matter unless the justice system should ad hominem argumentation as valid evidence.

There's a lot of (crazy) women out there who looking for opportunities to wreck mens' lives over because they got rejected for whatever reason. If Kane indeed admitted losing on purpose to his wife then he's one really stupid individual.

ok, this is offensive.

i almost don't want to comment on the 2nd part but because i already started replying...

Corporate strategy rule #1: Short term gains over everything.

fixed that for you.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I would let him walk? They get a 1st and a 3rd and I'm not sold on him. Also huge problem since next year they need to qualify him at more than 6.1

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The question is is there an under the table deal with Carolina to sign for a couple more years at a lower rate and this is just to F the Habs.
Could backfire though because if the Canes don't qualify him, while he could also re-sign with them at a reasonable hit, he's a UFA and can go anywhere. I really think they're banking on the Habs matching. 100% entertaining though, really helping get us to October.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Could backfire though because if the Canes don't qualify him, while he could also re-sign with them at a reasonable hit, he's a UFA and can go anywhere. I really think they're banking on the Habs matching. 100% entertaining though, really helping get us to October.
Canes 1st rounder is likely to be in the 20-30 range, so even if Kotkaniemi doesn't light it up, it's worth it for the PR power move. No one is going to f*** with their RFAs from now.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Amazing.

Reminds me of the latest season of Curb Your Enthusiasm with the spite store.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Canes 1st rounder is likely to be in the 20-30 range, so even if Kotkaniemi doesn't light it up, it's worth it for the PR power move. No one is going to f*** with their RFAs from now.
That organization let a promising young goalie in Nedeljkovic walk to save some money and now is potentially paying double (arguably triple) a guy's worth to be petty? Don't get me wrong I love it from a life perspective but I don't see it helping the hockey team.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
That organization let a promising young goalie in Nedeljkovic walk to save some money and now is potentially paying double (arguably triple) a guy's worth to be petty? Don't get me wrong I love it from a life perspective but I don't see it helping the hockey team.

This is just pure revenge on the AHo offer sheet. They are banking on Montreal matching the offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->