Line Combos: Put Pastrnak with Hall. Enough with the 1 line team!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Stud -- Pasta

Foligno -- Haula -- Coyle

Frederic -- Nosek -- Lazar

- DeBrusk moved in a package for Ekholm

- Perfection broken up

- Stud gets to play with two elite offensive talents

- Coyle moved to his wing for a better center at winning faceoffs

- 4th line should be hard to play against

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Hall - Coyle - Smith
Debrusk - Haula/Foligno - Haula/Foligno
Nosek/Frederic - Nosek/Frederic - Lazar

Coyle's got to get the first look as the #2C. He's got all the tools to pull it off, and a full 200ft game. Needs consistency absolutely, but his wingers will be night and day compared what he's had since being here. Think he'll love the opportunity and take advantage. If Reilly Nash can get 41 points being moved up the lineup for 25ish games or whatever, Coyle with more ice time and better line mates can do much better if you ask me.

If Studnicka looks ready, he'll push someone out, and depending how ready he is, he could go as high as the 2nd line.

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Reilly - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton

Can see the LD juggling around depending.

Ullmark
Swayman

Hoping Ullmark and/or Swayman is the real deal. Except for Rask being injured and looking pretty bad overall in the 2nd round, he was outstanding for so long and fans knowing or not, we were spoiled. Both these guys could end up real good, but they still may not be as good as Rask. Biggest question mark going forward right here.

Overall, they look to have 2 years max to contend, minimum zero. They could be a tweener as early as this season, or they could be better, even with Krejci out. Except for Debrusk, who I think has it in him, they shouldn't have any passengers this time around. They could be quite the playoff team. It's going to be interesting to find out.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
I'm not a fan of guys on their off-side in general, but he said himself he can play RW so I'll just take him at his word. Plus the Bergeron line has worked with left-shot RWers before.

I'm not worried about this top line stuff when I have another line with a former MVP and a former Richard trophy winner.

He's (Foligno) is a very good defensive player. If your deploying Pasta with Hall then your going to get them more offensive zone starts, which will decrease the number of offensive zone starts for the Bergeron line. So if I'm Cassidy and I still want to get the most out of the Bergeron line, I'll need to increase their defensive zone starts to compensate. That is where Foligno (who has gotten Selke votes before) comes in.
Agree 100%.. glad your still posting Dust!

Reactions: BruinDust

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
A "healthy" Coyle is a lock for 45-60 pts on that second line.

I'm sure its way more motivating playing with guys like Hall and Smith VS Debrusk, Kulhman, Ritchie etc.

I mean 45-50 points would be a disappointment for the 2nd line especially considering he’d be seeing more power play time with krejci and Ritchie gone. You gotta figure he’s in line for a significant increase in power play minutes.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I mean 45-50 points would be a disappointment for the 2nd line especially considering he’d be seeing more power play time with krejci and Ritchie gone. You gotta figure he’s in line for a significant increase in power play minutes.

maybe

I really think the PP unit will look like

PP1
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hall McAvoy

PP2
Debrusk Foligno Smith
Haula Grz

never been a fan of Coyle on the PP. Debrusk has played when he got a shot

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Play the kids

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Studnicka-Smith
Debrusk-Haula-Coyle
Foligno-Frederic-Senyshyn
Nosek

Vaak-McAvoy
Reilly-Carlo
Forbort-Gryz
Zboril-Clifton

Ullmark
Swayman

Last edited:
Reactions: The don godfather

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Play the kids

Hall-Studnicka-Smith
Debrusk-Haula-Coyle
Foligno-Frederic-Senyshyn
Nosek

Vaak-McAvoy
Reilly-Carlo
Forbort-Gryz
Zboril-Clifton

Ullmark
Swayman

What happens to Lazar?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
My two takes:

1. Spreading the depth.

Marchand-Bergeron-Foligno
Hall-Haula-Pasta
DeBrusk-Coyle-Smith
Nosek-Frederic-Studnicka
Lazar

- Foligno brings some added grit to the top line. Becomes a more effective shutdown line while also remaining an offensive threat. Very tough line to play against.
- Haula was the 2C for Vegas' Cup run. Hall and Pasta could be nasty together, and Haula won't hold them back.
- A healthy Coyle and a re-energized DeBrusk could make this an explosive third line.

2. Top loaded.

Hall-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Haula-Foligno
DeBrusk-Studnicka-Nosek/Lazar

- Hall and Coyle could dominate possession together, and hopefully they can convert some chances.
- Freddy and Foligno together could be an aggravating line to play against. More of an energy line than a scoring threat.
- Two players needing to prove it on the 4th, DeBrusk and Stud, and I like them together. Nosek or Lazar or even Wags could play RW for some physicality.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Hall-Coyle-Smith
DeBrusk-Haula-Foligno
Nosek-Frederic-Lazar

Gryz-McAvoy
Forbort-Carlo
Rielly-Clifton

Ullman
Swayman

Reactions: PacificNWBruin

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Hall-Coyle-Smith
DeBrusk-Haula-Foligno
Nosek-Frederic-Lazar

Gryz-McAvoy
Forbort-Carlo
Rielly-Clifton

Ullman
Swayman

This was my line-up except Forbort and Reilly swapped.

I think Coyle is going to get first crack at 2C. Unless Someone like Studnicka beats him out during training camp/preseason. I don’t see Bruce breaking up the first line or moving Smith down to line 3 unless there’s a need for it.

Which honestly still leaves me scratching my head with Debrusk. Hopefully he comes out flying and playing much better because he hasn’t been great on the 3rd or 4th line. Have to think he sees himself as the odd man out with some of the additions and wants to “wow” Bruce and the FO into keeping him.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
My optimistic lineup where Studnicka and DeBrusk both play well.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Hall Coyle Smith
DeBrusk Studnicka Folgino
Haula Lazar Nosek
Frederic

Reactions: PB37

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
My optimistic lineup where Studnicka and DeBrusk both play well.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Hall Coyle Smith
DeBrusk Studnicka Folgino
Haula Lazar Nosek
Frederic
I don't see Foligno meshing well with DeBrusk and Studnicka. I'd switch Foligno and Haula. I'd also move Lazar to RW and Nosek to C.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Man, who would have thought a 35 year old #2 center would leave such a huge hole in the Bs top six.

Coyle in that spot makes me very nauseous.
EXactly , coyle or foligno as second line center make me want to vomit
Stud ? MAy be we will see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad