Line Combos: Put Pastrnak with Hall. Enough with the 1 line team!

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Imo with the lost of Krejci, I think they will have to split the perfect line to give them more depth.

Marchand-Bergeron-Coyle

Hall-Foligno-Pastrnak

Debrusk-Haula-Smith

Nosek-Studnicka-Lazar

Grzelcyk-Mcavoy

Reilly-Carlo

Forbort-Clifton

Ullmark

Swayman

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Imo with the lost of Krejci, I think they will have to split the perfect line to give them more depth.

Marchand-Bergeron-Coyle

Hall-Foligno-Pastrnak

Debrusk-Haula-Smith

Nosek-Studnicka-Lazar

Grzelcyk-Mcavoy

Reilly-Carlo

Forbort-Clifton

Ullmark

Swayman

More balanced

But Coyle at 1st line has not panned out before

Reactions: SyZyGY

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Marchand-Bergeron-Coyle

Hall-Foligno-Pastrnak

Debrusk-Haula-Smith

Nosek-Studnicka-Lazar

Grzelcyk-Mcavoy

Reilly-Carlo

Forbort-Clifton

Ullmark

Swayman
Coyle better as center I feel. Maybe put Smith with bergy and marchy

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The question is ... who did he play with at CBJ?

he started the season off with bjorkstrand who was his most common center the first quarter of the season according to dobbersports and texted. Then played with Boone Jenner and texier the rest of the way. Bjorkstrand lead Columbus with points last year.

Reactions: since76

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Hall - Haula - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Coyle - Foligno
Frederic - Nosek - Lazar

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Reilly - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

Not interested in Frederic at center when we have Nosek. With no Krejci I don't see how you can't break up the big line. Wagner is useless. Wouldn't be surprised to see Forbort with McAvoy.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm shocked at how many posters have Coyle as 2C when he struggled with 3C last season. Yes, I know he was playing injured but still.

The best he looked (skillwise) was on that line with Mojo and Heinen

Havent seen much since then

Tbh dont think there is much chemistry with Debrusk. But Bruins are stuck with Debrusk at 3rd lw.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
The best he looked (skillwise) was on that line with Mojo and Heinen

Havent seen much since then

Tbh dont think there is much chemistry with Debrusk. But Bruins are stuck with Debrusk at 3rd lw.
Thing is Jake hardly played lw last season and I think that was a big mistake by Cassidy. He's the one guy in the lineup that probably needs to stay on his natural wing.

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I like the idea of Jack Studnicka getting a true shot at 2C

Taylor Hall - Jack Studnicka - Nick Foligno
Plenty of support for the kid. All we have heard is he is putting on muscle and preparing for this coming season.

Haula - Coyle - Smith = dominant 3rd line.

Have to use Jake + Gryz to get that front line defenceman. But who is that?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Cassidy isn't going to change this line. He's not going to fix what isn't broken, especially since they've had so much success together.

Hall - Coyle - Smith

The Mojo, Coyle, Heinen line was one of the Bruins' best lines in the 2019 playoffs. Hall should mesh well with Coyle especially since Hall's and Mojo's game is similar in terms of zone entries and being able to play pass and catch. Hall has more talent, so that alone should make that a better line. If Smith continues to give 100% each shift and get to the right areas, this line should get some great zone time. It all depends if we get the Coyle that was great around the net and was a beast at keeping possession of the puck.

DeBrusk - Studnicka - Foligno

Get DeBrusk going again with a center that can keep up with him. Foligno can do the dirty work and add a veteran presence to this line.

Nosek, Haula, Frederic, Lazar

Reactions: The don godfather

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Have you looked at folignos production the last four years and you want to put him on his offside on the top line?

I'm not a fan of guys on their off-side in general, but he said himself he can play RW so I'll just take him at his word. Plus the Bergeron line has worked with left-shot RWers before.

I'm not worried about this top line stuff when I have another line with a former MVP and a former Richard trophy winner.

He's (Foligno) is a very good defensive player. If your deploying Pasta with Hall then your going to get them more offensive zone starts, which will decrease the number of offensive zone starts for the Bergeron line. So if I'm Cassidy and I still want to get the most out of the Bergeron line, I'll need to increase their defensive zone starts to compensate. That is where Foligno (who has gotten Selke votes before) comes in.

Reactions: ylekot

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Hall - Coyle - Smith
Debrusk - Haula - Studnicka (maybe switch Stud and Haula)
Foligno - Nosek - Lazar

Extras: Frederic, Kuhlman

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Reilly - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton

Extras: Zboril, Vaak

Ullmark
Swayman

Foligno
Pastrnak - Bergeron - Marchand
Grzelcyk

Coyle
Hall - Haula - Debrusk
McAvoy

Forwards: Foligno should be the first dude going up when injuries happen to the wingers (he's not a center, stop putting him there). Freddy will be the 13th forward, but The 4th line can be Foligno with any one of Nosek/Freddy/Lazar. I know I could put Foligno on the 3rd line RW, but I want to give Stud a chance on the 3rd line to start. Haula is a shoot first guy so maybe Stud feeding him could work well, same with Debrusk who digs pucks out and battles when he isn't playing like shit. When injuries happen to our centers, propel Studnicka up (if earned of course). Kuhlman/Wagner can be 14th forward and can come in for any short term injuries. Anything long term, I'd like to see Providence kids getting the chance

All in all, you can go about 2500 different directions with this group of forwards. I expect a lot of shuffling.

Defense: Pretty ordinary. Nothing too exciting here. Clifton as a regular is gonna have me cursing at the TV regularly. Almost wanted to put Zboril on his offside there, but decided against it. I appreciate Clifton's effort, but he's not an every day defenseman. Pairings will be shifted around depending on the game situation as usual. I'm sure Forbort - McAvoy will be on the ice to protect leads.

PP Unit 1: First unit is pretty routine with the top 3 stars. the QB can be anyone between Grzelcyk/McAvoy/Reilly. I expect McAvoy to be our #1 EV dman in time on ice and one of our bigger PKers so I went with him on the 2nd unit. I kind of wanted to put Debrusk in front of the net again, but decided to put Foligno there to start.

PP Unit 2: Yeah Idk. Decided to have some fun with this one. In my brain. You have Hall on the left half boards with 2 left handed shots to work with. Haula in the Bergeron position. Debrusk on the right half boards. Haula in the bumper can be set up for some shots considering he likes to let it fly. Decided to put Debrusk on the right instead of the front of the net because he has one hell of a shot that we don't see enough. Let him tee up a couple. Maybe it'd work out. I imagine Coyle can be a decent enough net front guy. 1st unit will be on for 90 seconds at least most of the time so this unit won't do much.

PK: I expect Forbort/Reilly/Carlo/McAvoy to take this responsibility. Grizz will have his fair share I'm sure. Keep Clifton off of special teams thank you. Usual suspects will be the forwards here scoring some mean shorties.

I have way too much fun with this stuff for some reason. Just keep in mind that I am not a coach of any level of hockey and have no clue what I am talking about.

The more I see y'all propose Studnicka on the 2nd line, the more I want to see it. Marchand/Bergeron/Smith or Foligno and Hall/Stud/Pasta is intriguing.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Studnicka-Smith
Foligno-Haula-Coyle
Nosek-Frederic-Lazar

DeBrusk flipped for picks. I’m looking for a 2nd or a younger Center prospect who projects as a top 6 but might be a few years out.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->