Line Combos: 2021-2022 lines

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
On 32 Thoughts, Fridge suggested that Poile is most likely not done. He expects at least one more move, potentially on the left wing, before the season starts.
I wouldn't be surprised either way. I could see him grabbing another veteran utility player as a safety blanket. We all know he loves his safety blankets.

Reactions: PredsV82

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
I hope not - I think we should roll with what we have and give Tolvanen and Tomasino a shot to grab a top 6 role. We don't need any more retreads to fill the bottom 6. And although it looks like we have a lot of cap space, once the extensions for Saros, Forsberg and Ekholm are completed (fingers crossed), I suspect we aren't going to have a lot of flexibility.

Reactions: hockey diva

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I hope not - I think we should roll with what we have and give Tolvanen and Tomasino a shot to grab a top 6 role. We don't need any more retreads to fill the bottom 6. And although it looks like we have a lot of cap space, once the extensions for Saros, Forsberg and Ekholm are completed (fingers crossed), I suspect we aren't going to have a lot of flexibility.
Forberg and Ekhom's pay raises won't be on the books until next year. So Poile has plenty of room for 1 year contracts.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Forberg and Ekhom's pay raises won't be on the books until next year. So Poile has plenty of room for 1 year contracts.
Understood, but who are we going to sign on a 1-year deal that would make a significant impact to the lineup?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
On that topic, here's a list of available UFA forwards.

2021 NHL Free Agents Tracker

Not much meat left on the bone there if Poile does indeed want to add one more player. Can't see him looking at D since we're so stocked there. And honestly based on the list of available names, regardless of the financial impact, I don't see more than a couple guys there that I'd want to give a roster spot to ahead of getting Tomasino and Glass a real chance across the bulk of an NHL season.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I could see Poile signing Palmieri or Tatar in hopes of them regaining their old forms. But I tend to agree with others saying let the kids play. I am very excited to see what Tomasino can bring to this team. He lit up the ahl as a 19 year old.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I could potentially see Max Domi for the right cost. While a small forward, he comes on a one year deal, with about the right cap hit after the Saros and Fabbro extensions and he is young with some skill. Also isn't afraid to play physical, which seems to fit Hynes' approach.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
So many options to mix and match.

Forsberg - Johansen - Duchene
Kunin - Granlund - Tolvanen
Jeannot - Glass - Tomasino
Trenin - Sissons - Olivier

I'd be excited to see this lineup (not necessarily these lines, but these players anyway) in the opening night. I guess there's too many question marks for the team, but from the perspective of someone who's eager to see the kids play this would be exciting.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
On that topic, here's a list of available UFA forwards.

2021 NHL Free Agents Tracker

Not much meat left on the bone there if Poile does indeed want to add one more player. Can't see him looking at D since we're so stocked there. And honestly based on the list of available names, regardless of the financial impact, I don't see more than a couple guys there that I'd want to give a roster spot to ahead of getting Tomasino and Glass a real chance across the bulk of an NHL season.

I hope they get a chance to fall on their faces and then get back up and try again. They aren't going to be perfect so some leeway will be key and only sitting or sending them down if they completely fail to get their footing.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I've seen so many of these line combos now that I've started to put my pessimism on the backburner. Doesn't mean I have more confidence just means it is what it is now so no reason to dwell on it. Ready for this season to get started so we can see what the reality is because the ceiling is likely "borderline playoff team" while the floor is probably picking somewhere in the top 8 or so.

Maybe not the thread for this but I do wonder if this squad goes that high in the draft do we still actually have both FF9 and Ek on the roster at the end of the season.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think that's pretty much dead on with my expectations. If we stay healthy and see some solid contribution from the top line we should be a bottom seed. If we have a few injuries and the top line is hit or miss, then I expect to be in the 8-10 pick range.

Reactions: LCPreds

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Luckily we don't have to wait too long this year to have something else to talk about...

45 days until rookie camp opens on Sept 16, running through the 20th and I'd expect the full training camp to open on the 21st or 22nd, though it probably won't be open to the public.
46 days until rookie camp tournament from the 17th-20th which should be streamed.

55 days until the first Preds preseason game on Sept 26.
73 days until the regular season opener on Oct 14.

Jul 12, 2007
Forsberg Joey Duchene
Glass Granlund Kunin
Tolvanin Sissons Tomasino
Jeannot Trenin/Pitlick Olivier

Josi Myers
Ekholm Carrier
Harpur Fabbro
I like this lineup.
Some size on each D pairing, 2 very nice lines (on paper)
And Sissons to give a little grit to help the skilled kids.
Jeannot Trenin Olivier is a fun line to watch.

Reactions: Softball99

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Luckily we don't have to wait too long this year to have something else to talk about...

45 days until rookie camp opens on Sept 16, running through the 20th and I'd expect the full training camp to open on the 21st or 22nd, though it probably won't be open to the public.
46 days until rookie camp tournament from the 17th-20th which should be streamed.

55 days until the first Preds preseason game on Sept 26.
73 days until the regular season opener on Oct 14.

I have enjoyed the spacing/activities of this off season. Going about a month and half between talking points is very doable. Camp should be really interesting this year as well.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Evgeny Svechnikov is the only player left out there I hope Poile is kicking the tires on.
I wonder if something could be done around Duchene and Kessel….. Phil would be great for our lineup plus would provide leadership for the young guys.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
These are the Line Combos I'd most like to see

Forsberg - Johansen - Tolvanen
Tomasino - Granlund - Kunin
Jeannont - Glass - Duchene
Trenin - Sissons - Olivier

Josi - Carrier
Ekholm - Fabbro
Davies/Benning - Myers/Harpur

Saros
Rittich

I'd prefer Cousins and Grimaldi be alternates and we let the herd line and young guys see what they can do this year. Wouldn't mind seeing Jeannot get some time on the 2nd line and rotate Tomasino down some if he's still a little raw for a top 6 spot right away. We really need to know what some of these guys are sooner rather than later to better understand how our rebuild will work.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Tatar is still available and he'd probably be the most talented forward we've had in a while.... Also will replace Forsberg on top life if he decides to bail, which is probably going to happen

Tatar-Johansen-Tomasino
Forsberg-Glass-Tolvanen
Duchene-Granlund-Kunin
HERD

Reactions: maplepred

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'll take a swing but the lines evolve throughout the season.

Forsberg-Johansen-Kunin
Duchene-Granlund-Tomassino
Tolvanen-Cousins-Grimaldi
HERD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad