Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Assuming Poehling makes the big club, perhaps something like this:

Martel - Dea - Ylonen
Pinard - Dauphin - Teasdale
Borque - Vejdemo - Belzile
Baddock - Hillis - Lucchini

I'm thinking Fortin will be part of the starting 12, I mean the guy has NHL experience and has never been assigned to the ECHL in his career. He is definitely above Lucchini

Gignac would likely be there too if it's true we signed him

Reactions: Archijerej

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'm thinking Fortin will be part of the starting 12, I mean the guy has NHL experience and has never been assigned to the ECHL in his career. He is definitely above Lucchini

Gignac would likely be there too if it's true we signed him
Since Fortin is on an AHL/ECHL contract, I'm assuming he's lower on the depth chart than either Baddock, Lucchini or Pezzetta. I may be wrong. The 4th line will sort itself out at camp, with so many bodies under contract.

I could also imagine Hillis starting in Trois-Rivieres. Might be a better option than playing him with grinders on the 4th line.

Reactions: NA Scouting

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Since Fortin is on an AHL/ECHL contract, I'm assuming he's lower on the depth chart than either Baddock, Lucchini or Pezzetta. I may be wrong. The 4th line will sort itself out at camp, with so many bodies under contract.

I could also imagine Hillis starting in Trois-Rivieres. Might be a better option than playing him with grinders on the 4th line.
I could see Hillis in TR too, getting jabroni minutes in the AHL( when he did play) did absolutely nothing for his development. He needs to see a lot more action this season or he's just a wasted pick.

Reactions: Archijerej

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I could see Hillis in TR too, getting jabroni minutes in the AHL( when he did play) did absolutely nothing for his development. He needs to see a lot more action this season or he's just a wasted pick.
Yeah. Baddock, Pezzetta, Lucchini etc. are all energy type of players. He wouldn't be adding anything to such a line and I can't see what is there to develop for him with such a deployment.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Gignac and Beaudin signed, too! Beaudin is definitely a good bottom-6 AHLer. I liked Gignac as a prospect, but at this point, looks like he'll top out as a bottom 6 AHLer too.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Dang, we really are stacking the farm teams :eek:. Both guys are good contributors at that level and have decent experience. I saw plenty of both in the past two seasons , I guess there's no avoiding it now :laugh:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
We're looking good at forward, probably would sign a depth defenseman + McNiven and call it a day

Dang, not even 24 hrs after I posted this, they signed 2 more AHL-level forwards. :huh:

At this point, it's basically 100% that Hillis/Khisamutdinov will start in TR, maybe even Lucchini and Pezzetta

Beaudin, yet another former Rouyn-Noranda Huskies

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Dang, not even 24 hrs after I posted this, they signed 2 more AHL-level forwards. :huh:

At this point, it's basically 100% that Hillis/Khisamutdinov will start in TR, maybe even Lucchini and Pezzetta
That's ok, all 4 guys are more ECHL level anyway (if we're being honest) . There's going to be some back and forth during the season in any case, with both teams close by and all

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
(Poehling)
RHP-Dea-Belzile
Dauphin-Vejdemo-Ylonen
Fortin-Beaudin-Martel
Teasdale-Bourque-Baddock
*Gignac, Pezzetta, (Mysak)

TR: Khisamutdinov, Hillis, Lucchini, etc

At this point, if we're fully healthy, why not play Teasdale in Trois-Rivières too? 1st line/1st PP, let him develop some offense

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lots of new guys, especially on D. New coaches. A few of these guys haven't even played a full year of pro yet because of covid. On paper they look good, but truth is, its a wait and see.

RHP - Dea - Belzile
Martel - Poehling - Ylonen
Vejdemo - Dauphin - Teasdale
Bourque - Beaudin - Baddock
Pezzetta, Lucchini, Fortin
ECHL: Hillis, Khisatmudinov, Desruisseux, Duharme, Gignac, St-Amant, Abbandonato

Ouellet - Brook
Schueneman - Belpedio
Fairbrother - Bisson
Amorossa
ECHL: Beaudoin, Dello, Neill

Primeau
McNiven
ECHL: Poulin

Doesn't look too bad to me. Might have preferred a better scorer, but we have a shit ton of depth at forward. Maybe one more semi-vet D to be 7th or bump down Bisson.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Doesn't look too bad to me. Might have preferred a better scorer, but we have a shit ton of depth at forward. Maybe one more semi-vet D to be 7th or bump down Bisson.
Why would we want to bump down Bisson? He's been very solid in a #4/#5D role last season. He also brings some muscle that this D group otherwise lacks.

To me, the D is set. We have a top 4 of Ouellet, Schueneman, Brook and Balpedio, #5 and #6 guys in Bisson and Fairbrother and four depth defencemen. All in all 5 LHD and 5 RHD, with several lefties comfortable on the right side, especially Schueneman. There's also Wideman, who could be send down if the big club acquires another RD and there are injuries in Laval.

Assuming they want to pair Fairbrother with an experienced puckmover, I could see the following lineup:

Ouellet - Brook
Bisson - Schueneman
Fairbrother - Balpedio
Beaudoin

The team is stacked.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why would we want to bump down Bisson? He's been very solid in a #4/#5D role last season. He also brings some muscle that this D group otherwise lacks.

To me, the D is set. We have a top 4 of Ouellet, Schueneman, Brook and Balpedio, #5 and #6 guys in Bisson and Fairbrother and four depth defencemen. All in all 5 LHD and 5 RHD, with several lefties comfortable on the right side, especially Schueneman. There's also Wideman, who could be send down if the big club acquires another RD and there are injuries in Laval.

Assuming they want to pair Fairbrother with an experienced puckmover, I could see the following lineup:

Ouellet - Brook
Bisson - Schueneman
Fairbrother - Balpedio
Beaudoin

The team is stacked.

As I said, #7 is a bit weak, so getting someone to upgrade the depth would be good. If the guy is better than Bisson, that's a plus because it would strengthen the team even more.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
As I said, #7 is a bit weak, so getting someone to upgrade the depth would be good. If the guy is better than Bisson, that's a plus because it would strengthen the team even more.

I know that according to the IIHF/NHL agreement, if he doesn't make the Habs out of camp Norlinder is supposed to return to Frolundia. It would not surprise me given how he was mentioned in Bergevin's presser, if they don't have some financial agreement in place with them, that will allow him to play in Laval this year instead, which as you said would push the depth chart down.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know that according to the IIHF/NHL agreement, if he doesn't make the Habs out of camp Norlinder is supposed to return to Frolundia. It would not surprise me given how he was mentioned in Bergevin's presser, if they don't have some financial agreement in place with them, that will allow him to play in Laval this year instead, which as you said would push the depth chart down.

I'm not aware if they can do that, don't see why not but I've tried to find the newest PTA the NHL signed with each country and I can't locate it. Norlinder in Laval would be sick.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3 and Gyfu

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
MkJU5vSH_normal.jpg

Canadiens Montréal
@CanadiensMTL
· 8h
The Canadiens have agreed to terms on a one-year, two-way contract extension with Michael Pezzetta.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Also very interesting, Laval will play the Texas Stars for the first time. The Marlies usually go there. But looks like the Rocket will play them, as well.

In fact, Laval will end the season with a back-to-back in Texas.
I live 15 minutes from the HEB Center in Cedar Park...will get a luxury box for both games

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Jul 6, 2016
(Poehling)
RHP-Dea-Belzile
Dauphin-Vejdemo-Ylonen
Fortin-Beaudin-Martel
Teasdale-Bourque-Baddock
*Gignac, Pezzetta, (Mysak)

TR: Khisamutdinov, Hillis, Lucchini, etc

At this point, if we're fully healthy, why not play Teasdale in Trois-Rivières too? 1st line/1st PP, let him develop some offense

Mysak will play in OHL I guess.

Is Blandisi coming back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad