laval-png.212071

GM: Marc Bergevin
Head Coach: Jean-Francois Houle
Assistant Coaches:
Goalie & Video Coach:
Arena:
Place Bell

ROSTER
(Note that some of these players may make the Habs out of camp or be traded)

- FORWARDS

Brandon Baddock
Alex Belzile
Gabriel Bourque (AHL) “Veteran”
Laurent Dauphin “Veteran”
Jean-Sebastien Dea “Veteran”
Rafael Harvery-Pinard (ELC)
Cam Hillis (ELC)
Arsen Khisamutdinov (ELC)
Jake Lucchini (AHL)
Danick Martel (AHL) “Veteran Exempt”
Michael Pezzetta
Ryan Poehling (ELC)
Joël Teasdale (ELC)
Lukas Vejdemo
Jesse Ylonen (ELC)

- DEFENSEMEN -

Louis Belpedio
Josh Brook (ELC)
Gianni Fairbrother (ELC)
Xavier Ouellet “Veteran”
Corey Schueneman (ELC)
Tobie Bisson (AHL)

- GOALTENDERS -

Cayden Primeau (ELC)
Michael MicNiven

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Would it be possible for you to denote which players fall under the 2 categories for veterans in terms of games played?

Over 320 games
Bourque 601 games
Ouellet 466 games
Dauphin 332 games
___
Under 320
Martel 310 games
___
Not a vet yet
Belzile 256 games
And the rest

Reactions: montreal

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
According to Cap Friendly, Montreal is at 32 contracts. Even if they sign all of Armia, Perry, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, Pezzetta, Poehling, and McNiven that makes 39 contracts, add a few more as UFA's in Montreal and you get to 42. Laval can add at least one more veteran, so that leaves 7 contracts they can give out to either Euro's to play in Laval, undrafted players after the entry draft or AHL free agents who don't qualify as veterans. Looking at the current roster, they need help on defense, another goalie and a few more goal scorers. Any idea on which players could help out that should be targeted or are available?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
According to Cap Friendly, Montreal is at 32 contracts. Even if they sign all of Armia, Perry, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, Pezzetta, Poehling, and McNiven that makes 39 contracts, add a few more as UFA's in Montreal and you get to 42. Laval can add at least one more veteran, so that leaves 7 contracts they can give out to either Euro's to play in Laval, undrafted players after the entry draft or AHL free agents who don't qualify as veterans. Looking at the current roster, they need help on defense, another goalie and a few more goal scorers. Any idea on which players could help out that should be targeted or are available?

(Poehling in MTL)
Harvey-Pinard - Vejdemo - Ylonen
Blandisi - Dauphin - Belzile
Teasdale - Bourque - Martel
Pezzetta - Hillis - Baddock
Lucchini/Fortin

I think we have great depth up front so unless Montreal hoards all of Poehling/Vejdemo/Belzile I don't think Laval needs more forwards.

Ouellet - Brook
Schueneman - Bisson
Fairbrother - Amorossa

We have depth here but definitely need to add at least one top-4 guy on defense to help out. Since we have contract space I would probably sign 2 in case we get someone stole on waivers or we have a lot of injuries in MTL/LAV.

Primeau - McNiven - Poulin

McNiven is not signed yet and there is a possibility Primeau stays with Montreal to replace Price. All in all we need to find one goalie to replace Price (injured) and one goalie for the farm (McNiven or someone else). So 2 goalies.

By my calculations Laval needs (at least) 2 defensemen and 1 goalie. Montreal probably adds 2-3 forwards, 2 defenseman and 1 goalie. That's about 9 new contracts.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I really don't know what to make of Schunnerman. He looks slick and all... does anybody think he might be a candidate to replace the type of role Gus had this year for the Habs?

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I really don't know what to make of Schunnerman. He looks slick and all... does anybody think he might be a candidate to replace the type of role Gus had this year for the Habs?
I thought he looked amazing for most of last year. He tailed off in the last 10 games or so, but they had a ton of injuries and call ups. I could see him getting a shot. The guy is great with the puck and I found him to be pretty good in his own end. Although, the competition was really bad in that Canadian division, so he may have looked much better than he is. With his skills, it's hard to believe he hasn't gotten at least a look in the NHL yet.

Reactions: WinterLion

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
(Poehling in MTL)
Lucchini/Fortin

I think we have great depth up front so unless Montreal hoards all of Poehling/Vejdemo/Belzile I don't think Laval needs more forwards.

Ouellet - Brook
Schueneman - Bisson
Fairbrother - Amorossa

We have depth here but definitely need to add at least one top-4 guy on defense to help out. Since we have contract space I would probably sign 2 in case we get someone stole on waivers or we have a lot of injuries in MTL/LAV.

McNiven is not signed yet and there is a possibility Primeau stays with Montreal to replace Price. All in all we need to find one goalie to replace Price (injured) and one goalie for the farm (McNiven or someone else). So 2 goalies.

By my calculations Laval needs (at least) 2 defensemen and 1 goalie. Montreal probably adds 2-3 forwards, 2 defenseman and 1 goalie. That's about 9 new contracts.

Forwards are still weak to me, especially if Poehling is up. No proven goalscorer or top AHL scorer.

Defence is very green. Amorosa shouldn't play regularly unless we have 2-3 injuries.

Goalies are fine if McNiven is re-signed. If Price is out for a significant time, I'd prefer a vet signed to a 1 year deal instead of Primeau. Keep him in the AHL.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
(Poehling in MTL)
Lucchini/Fortin

Ouellet - Brook
Schueneman - Bisson
Fairbrother - Amorossa

Add Mysak to the potential forward group!

Forwards are still weak to me, especially if Poehling is up. No proven goalscorer or top AHL scorer.

Defence is very green. Amorosa shouldn't play regularly unless we have 2-3 injuries.

Goalies are fine if McNiven is re-signed. If Price is out for a significant time, I'd prefer a vet signed to a 1 year deal instead of Primeau. Keep him in the AHL.

I understand where you're coming from in regards to the forwards but with the depth they have they will be tough to beat even without a big-time proven AHL scorer.

Belzile has a 54 pts season under his belt, Martel has 3 20+ goals season, and there are other quality vets like Vejdemo/Dauphin/Bourque who should be good for at least .5 point/game. Blandisi usually comes around .75 point/game in the AHL which is great.

This leaves the space wide open for Ylonen to get a ton of PP time and score 30+ goals which should be the main objective of the Rocket this coming year: developp Ylonen. He's gonna be the top prospect down there. Not to mention Harvey-Pinard who was above .5 pts/game in his rookie season.

If Ylonen can hit 30-30-60 and the others produce well enough we should be fine IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I thought he looked amazing for most of last year. He tailed off in the last 10 games or so, but they had a ton of injuries and call ups. I could see him getting a shot. The guy is great with the puck and I found him to be pretty good in his own end. Although, the competition was really bad in that Canadian division, so he may have looked much better than he is. With his skills, it's hard to believe he hasn't gotten at least a look in the NHL yet.

He is tiny... but still...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also, due to the pandemic, the All-Star Game in Laval was canceled.

Much like Montreal and the draft, Laval will get the chance to host the All-Star Classic:

Reactions: Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also very interesting, Laval will play the Texas Stars for the first time. The Marlies usually go there. But looks like the Rocket will play them, as well.

In fact, Laval will end the season with a back-to-back in Texas.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Another former Rouyn-Noranda Huskies will play with Laval: Jean-Sebastien Dea. The top AHL scorer we needed

An addition on defense: Louie Belpedio. Should be a 1st pairing guy in AHL

Reactions: Sagikev

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Après JS Dea (deux volets LNH-AHL), le Rocket accorderait un contrat d'un an de la Ligue américaine à Brandon Gignac, un ancien de l'organisation des Devils. -- Brandon Gignac to sign with the Laval Rocket (AHL only)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad