Prospect Info: 2023-2024 In The System: Charlotte Checkers, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Does anyone know anything about Ludvig??? His point totals are stellar but there is like no info about him anywhere
I know he’s had quite a few fights in the WHL. And I watched a small video about him and his sister which was pretty cool. I think it’d be good for him and Gildon to have a good, full year for Charlotte and then try for a spot next season.

-ghoste

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Looking forward to getting some live looks of the Checkers this year. So hoping knight, Lundell, Denisenko, Gildon, Ludvig, and others are all here lol :laugh:

Reactions: Prominence Problem

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Didn't see this posted anywhere, Saarela is headed to Switzerland for 2021-22.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
ppl didn't see neither Lammikko and Mamin coming back but there they are.
We had rumors for a couple years for those two: I think the bigger issue is that Saarela wants a guaranteed spot and he’s not that type of player on this year’s Panthers

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We had rumors for a couple years for those two: I think the bigger issue is that Saarela wants a guaranteed spot and he’s not that type of player on this year’s Panthers

No we didn't hear any credible rumors before close to getting signed. It's anybody's guess what Saarela's intentions are but looking at the roster currently there's no easy way from the AHL to the show so in his case it's better to earn 4x the salary in the swiss league he would get in the AHL.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
No we didn't hear any credible rumors before close to getting signed. It's anybody's guess what Saarela's intentions are but looking at the roster currently there's no easy way from the AHL to the show so in his case it's better to earn 4x the salary in the swiss league he would get in the AHL.
Certainly heard rumors on Lamiiko six months before from GR, although Covid was a problem.

we’ve definitely heard some rumors about Mamij as well

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wasn't there some concerning comments about him returning last season?
Uncertainty with covid made him stay home.

I don't blame him for staying in Europe again, he'd have a tough time cracking the current line-up and he's gone through the AHL path already. Maybe try next year when we might have more spots open?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Uncertainty with covid made him stay home.

I don't blame him for staying in Europe again, he'd have a tough time cracking the current line-up and he's gone through the AHL path already. Maybe try next year when we might have more spots open?
Yes, although he’s a high skill guy who apparently doesn’t believe enough in himself to take a shot at the big squad. I always thought of him as the new Jussi Jokinen or the Donskoi like I already said. But I guess he’s not because he won’t put his neck on the line.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yes, although he’s a high skill guy who apparently doesn’t believe enough in himself to take a shot at the big squad. I always thought of him as the new Jussi Jokinen or the Donskoi like I already said. But I guess he’s not because he won’t put his neck on the line.
I think with a team where he'd have a realistic chance of making it, he'd take the chance. We have so many guys fighting for bottom6 winger spots and it's always a coin toss whether you make it or not. Something might happen at camp that the player can't affect, no chemistry with linemates, etc.

So I do understand why he prefers to stay in Europe and it's not about faith or putting his neck on the line.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think with a team where he'd have a realistic chance of making it, he'd take the chance. We have so many guys fighting for bottom6 winger spots and it's always a coin toss whether you make it or not. Something might happen at camp that the player can't affect, no chemistry with linemates, etc.

So I do understand why he prefers to stay in Europe and it's not about faith or putting his neck on the line.
Well, I think it is. He’s taking the less risky path, but also one with less reward.

I’m not saying it’s a bad decision by the way. I’m just saying he decided not to take a chance. So he’s a careful guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad