2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
i don't think he's going to have the same success against us on columbus.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sooo, Laine is back in the same division as the Stars..

259273.jpg

It's official, he'll join the Jackets just in time for the first match with the Stars on Tuesday. Enjoy! :popcorn:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I have a bad feeling this is something I'm going to have to remind you about soon. Sure .... let's tempt fate.
It's still possible obviously, and hopefully you don't.
But it's not like you have to worry about Scheif, Ehlers,Connor, Wheeler and Laine with the Jackets. You can only cover so many people when they can roll out 4 forwards who are all a threat to score, not to mention Buf (previously).

Also of the 25p he's scored against us, 12 of those came in 16-17 (the we won Miro year)
an additional 6 in 17-18.
So 18 of his 25 points where scored his first 2 years in the league. 1 of those years(16-17), we had our worst season in 2 decades.

Columbus doesn't have the same caliber of forwards to roll out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Obviously massive talent but also massive asshole. A bad team is going to pick him up i'd think.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
wish we would pick him up. Asshole or not, the kid can play !

No . He would cause problems here like he did everywhere where he played . Luckily i'm not worried about us picking him up . a) we're pretty low on the list b) he's the opposite of a player Jim Nill would ever bring to a team. Talent or not no interest in bringing another Sean Avery to the team.

Also his Caphit is too big . So he ain't coming here.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Also there's potentially this . Too many Avery vibes around the guy. No thanks.

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013

Also there's potentially this . Too many Avery vibes around the guy. No thanks.

sure Avery was a C***, but he never was as talented either. Deangelo is also still relatively young enough to still learn to grow up. Albeit in the very last moments, but still. Avery had made his mark and was like 30 or so when he came to Dallas.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
sure Avery was a C***, but he never was as talented either. Deangelo is also still relatively young enough to still learn to grow up. Albeit in the very last moments, but still. Avery had made his mark and was like 30 or so when he came to Dallas.

Avery was 28 when the Stars signed him DeAngelo is currently 25 . He ain't no kid anymore.

When Avery was around DeAngelos age he got choked out by a finnish athletic trainer because he tried to fight him while his teammates cheered . ( still my favorite Seasn Avery story )

Absolutely no interest in another guy like that

Reactions: Johno

Canterano

Jun 30, 2018
Finland
I think one of the strengths of this team right now is the fact that they had the long playoff run last year and the personnel change from last year was minimal. It makes no sense to ruin the good atmosphere going on with an asshole like DeAngelo. I'm not saying the Stars shouldn't add anyone, but it'll have to be a proven team-first guy like Pavelski was.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
DeAngelo would be perfect for Ottawa, if they'd be willing to pay him. They need secondary offense from the blue line, that's what he brings.

Stars would be more interested in trading for Bennett I think. But the only thing I'd be willing to offer is the elite locker room presence and veteran presence on the ice Andrew Cogliano...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->