2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
OK probably fair to say the Nashville game is officially a must win now.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
OK probably fair to say the Nashville game is officially a must win now.

100%. Our next three games after that are FLA, TB, TB. Which we will be lucky to get 2 pts. Than we close out the season with a B2B vs CHI. Which I think we’ll win one and typical Dallas fashion lose the other.

NSH basically has 2 free wins vs CBJ, than 2 tough games vs Carolina.

The way I see it is we have to beat NSH tomorrow, get at least 2 pts vs fla teams, than win both games vs CHI.

I don’t expect this group will get it done, but we’ll see.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Remember the Texier hype after the quick start? Yeesh absolutely fell off a cliff.

No he’s still good team has just been shit around him. He creates offense but there’s been no finish with him this year.

I’ll give him the sophomore slump this year. I like Texier’s playmaking. They need Torts gone

Last edited:
Reactions: Johno

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I personally don’t see why he wasn’t suspended. Can’t say I don’t blame the Rangers organization here

Lmao ikr and what do they expect to happen when he plays the Rangers again tomorrow? If I'm Washington I hold him out of the lineup, cause now everything is fair game and he's gonna have a massive target on his back. Especially for a Rangers team that isn't making the playoffs

Even more beautiful that it's a nationally broadcasted game lmfao

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Dirty punch to the head on Buchnevich(?) for sure by Wilson, but the resulting scrum and slam of panarin I don’t really have an issue with. If you go into the hornets nest don’t expect not to get stung.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Dirty punch to the head on Buchnevich(?) for sure by Wilson, but the resulting scrum and slam of panarin I don’t really have an issue with. If you go into the hornets nest don’t expect not to get stung.

There's a difference between expected scrum behaviour and what Wilson did. The slew foot and hair pulling combo after ripping off Panarin's helmet could have left Panarin with a severe head injury. Panarin just barely twisted his body to prevent that.

The league shouldn't wait until Wilson kills someone before suspending him long-term. He has had a number of questionable plays in his career causing severe concussions; he shouldn't be getting the benefit of the doubt.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I couldn't believe he didn't get a suspension but I can't imagine caring enough to spend hours online arguing with others about it

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014

Obviously what Wilson did to Panarin was stupidity. However, if you're Panarin, what were you thinking would happen if you engage someone as ridiculous as Wilson in a physical confrontation?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Obviously what Wilson did to Panarin was stupidity. However, if you're Panarin, what were you thinking would happen if you engage someone as ridiculous as Wilson in a physical confrontation?

What would you have done in that situation after seeing your teammate get his head slammed into the ice?

Reactions: Johno

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
What would you have done in that situation after seeing your teammate get his head slammed into the ice?

That’s why you still need tough guys on your team. Otherwise guys like Wilson will have free reign to do whatever they want out there. Hockey is a violent and aggressive game. You need guys that can handle that physical stuff.

Reactions: brighteststars

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That’s why you still need tough guys on your team. Otherwise guys like Wilson will have free reign to do whatever they want out there. Hockey is a violent and aggressive game. You need guys that can handle that physical stuff.
But tough guys never stopped the out of control dirty players from trying to injure others. A guy like Tom Wilson is going to do what he does no matter how many goons you stack on your fourth line.

Reactions: Kipper 17 and LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
But tough guys never stopped the out of control dirty players from trying to injure others. A guy like Tom Wilson is going to do what he does no matter how many goons you stack on your fourth line.

He's the kind of guy who either the league stops or other teams will deploy cheapshot artists in the hope the threat of those injuring Caps Star players has the Caps stop Wilson . It's the leagues choice. Wilson himself doesn't care for some random tough guy .

Reactions: LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He's the kind of guy who either the league stops or other teams will deploy cheapshot artists in the hope the threat of those injuring Caps Star players has the Caps stop Wilson . It's the leagues choice. Wilson himself doesn't care for some random tough guy .
Exactly right. Bryan Marchment played over 900 games. No tough guy ever changed his game. Getting too old to hold down a roster spot was the only thing that kept him from sticking his leg out when he got beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad