2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Marc Staal and some Wings players were down at happiest hour about 45 minutes ago on the patio.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Can the Hawks please not get swept by the Preds ? That would be very nice

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
What's with the imminent need to move to the 4th spot right now?
Dallas already is clearly in the 4th spot if you go by point %, which is what matters at the end of the day when games in hand are gone.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What's with the imminent need to move to the 4th spot right now?
Dallas already is clearly in the 4th spot if you go by point %, which is what matters at the end of the day when games in hand are gone.

Stars schedule to close out the year is pretty difficult so any help would be good. That 7 game roadtrip with a back to back in Chicago for the last two games is nothing to sneeze at.

Johno

Oct 30, 2013
Stars schedule to close out the year is pretty difficult so any help would be good. That 7 game roadtrip with a back to back in Chicago for the last two games is nothing to sneeze at.

For sure it isn't but Nashville also has to end the season with back-to-back with Carolina.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
We also have 3 games against Tampa still

We need Chicago to win one or possibly both against Nashville to help make things easier

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Yup can’t expect or rely on other teams to help them out. Stars gotta play there games and win as much as possible. Don’t worry about what Nash or Chi does.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kaprizov just scored a beautiful goal that likely seals the Calder race shut

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
It is really satisfying to see Nashville give up that many goals and lose. I checked the score in Nashville's game after the Stars went down 3-0 and saw that they were getting completely outplayed and winning, that was frustrating to see at the time. But now they have THREE days off to prepare for their biggest game of the year.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
It is really satisfying to see Nashville give up that many goals and lose. I checked the score in Nashville's game after the Stars went down 3-0 and saw that they were getting completely outplayed and winning, that was frustrating to see at the time. But now they have THREE days off to prepare for their biggest game of the year.

We need to somehow find a way to beat TB tomorrow. Than we have to beat Nashville on Saturday. Otherwise I really do no like our chances.

NSH has two game vs Columbus after that and I think those are two easy wins unfortunately.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I agree our chances are limited. As the saying goes, games in hand are only valuable when you win them. The Covid caused back end schedule cramp will and is catching up with them. We win in OT, or we get blown out. I am pretty sure the cause is being tired, yet trying to give best effort, which, when combined with a bit of luck, is just enough to win.

We have been outside looking in all year. We are what we are. I believe we will continue to be that, and finish a close 5th to NSH, and probably a deserved 5th, although understandable with the injuries we have faced. There is always next year, which doesn't look all that bad, if healthy.

Reactions: DieselPig

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Unironically would you rest players tomorrow and basically burn a game in hand to have better odds against Nashville? Say they lose TBL and win Nashville. They still keep a game in hand and tie for points. What’s the tiebreaker scenario should they end with the same points?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Unironically would you rest players tomorrow and basically burn a game in hand to have better odds against Nashville? Say they lose TBL and win Nashville. They still keep a game in hand and tie for points. What’s the tiebreaker scenario should they end with the same points?
Regulation wins then
Row, which we lose both

Reactions: sportswastaken

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Seguin needs to play tomorow imho if he wants to be of any help in the remaining games. He needs at least one game to get timings back.

Johno

Oct 30, 2013

Regulation wins.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Regulation wins then
Row, which we lose both
Regulation wins.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Johno

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
If its any sort of a consolation, the Blues beat the Wild and held Kaprizov scoreless

We just need to swing back in the other direction after crapping the bed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->