2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hawks look exactly as awful as everybody expected them to look.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Insider Trading: Why are teams asking about Barkov?

At around the 2:30 mark of the video, Darren Dreger mentions that the IIHF U-18 tournament is going to be played in Dallas. It was supposed to be in Ann Arbor/Plymouth. Part of thinks he misspoke, but it's what he said. Normally the U18s would start in mid-April, but maybe that'd be pushed back since the Draft is moved back a month already.

I couldn't help but wonder if I could squeeze in a Team USA game and a Rangers home game.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Thoughts on the Blues, Haven't seen Hoffman yet didn't play last game due to VISA issues

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The wierd goaltenging switcharoo with third/fourth stringers that is happening right now makes me happy that every goalie besides Khudobin and Bishop the Stars have is still waivers exempt . Even Bow somehow still is.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Didn't we also protect him in the expasion draft ? Not that it matters because losing Eakins contract was still worth it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He looked like he would be a legitimate middle-6 power forward after that 16 goal season, but as it turns out, that was his peak. :(

His skating was allways questionable and after that 16 goal year it turned out he also needs too much time to get his shot off to be a legitimate scoring option. Not to mention his dumb penalties that his play absolutely don't make up for. Idk seems like that 16 goal year in 2016-17 was a mirage on a bad team .

I mean Adam Cracknell scored 10 goals for the Stars that year too and Lauri Korpikoski put up good numbers as well. Bad team playing an offense only system lead to some inflated numbers for some players. Not to mention Patrick Eaves career year that season that netted the Stars another first round pick that turned into Oettinger.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016

I imagine we will see more of this . Also if the Preds start to have cases the Stars opening might get pushed back even further .

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I get benching players and wish I saw it more on the Stars, but this is just fueling the fire now. I guess at this point Torts just DGAF.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I get benching players and wish I saw it more on the Stars, but this is just fueling the fire now. I guess at this point Torts just DGAF.

Idk from what i read PLD was completely mailing it in before he got benched and it seemed like both Torts and his teammates think it was fully on purpose. Seems like he's trying to pull an Harden to get out of Columbus ASAP .

Absolutely nobody came out defending him either.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Idk from what i read PLD was completely mailing it in before he got benched and it seemed like both Torts and his teammates think it was fully on purpose. Seems like he's trying to pull an Harden to get out of Columbus ASAP .

Absolutely nobody came out defending him either.

Ahh that could be. I was actually watching the game as my son's fav team is Tampa Bay ( :( ) but didn't check out the post game stuff.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ahh that could be. I was actually watching the game as my son's fav team is Tampa Bay ( :( ) but didn't check out the post game stuff.

I was listening to 31 thoughts earlier today and that was what Friedman said. He also talked to some guys around the league including some who can't stand Torts and they all said this was on PLD .

Reactions: Smelling Salt

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Can't blame him for wanting out... Ohio sucks. But even before the shift he got benched for... effort was just bad.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kind of makes me wonder where Columbus usually ranks for NTC's . In general Ohio Pro-Sports teams seem incredibly unattractive for players no matter what sport. Even when the Cavs had Lebron they struggled to find anyone half decent willing to play with him there.

To be perfectly honest as someome not from the US i had no idea a city named Columbus even existed before the Jackets existed .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->