Prospect Info: 2021 160th Overall Pick | C Cameron MacDonald

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Al Murray on MacDonald:
"If people want to think of a style, think Cedric Paquette. Think of Barlcay Goodrow. As Jon Cooper says, 'that dependable Jeep.' Gets his nose dirty, mucks around, has some skill, finishes checks, goes in front of the net, good defensively back in his own zone, can play center or wing, gives himself a number of opportunities to make your hockey team because he’s got versatility. Good strength already. Needs to get stronger in his legs, needs to work on some skating technique, needs to keep developing all parts of his game, but we like the style and what he brings to a team."
"Some of those guys, they take another step, can get up with 2 more skilled players, and be the corner guy and bang around. Ondrej Palat has a high skill level. He’s not that sort of guy, but Ondrej brings that to that line. He works the corners and brings a lot compete and net front and things to 2 skill guys. Maybe Cam’s a 3rd or 4th line guy. Maybe Cam finds a niche with 2 high skill guys. It just depends on how much you can develop your game and we want all these guys to develop as much as they can."
Lightning amateur scout Grant Sonier:
“We just see a lot of upside in Cam. He really is engaged in the game. His coaches at Saint John in the Quebec League used him early on in a few different roles, primarily in that checking role. He’s played both center and left wing. He has a left shot. He’s on the radar at 6’1” but he’s a little bigger than that. He plays really big. He’s the kind of guy like an Alex Killorn that will finish his checks and skate through people and go to the dirty areas. This is my first year with the organization, but that’s a characteristic that we call 'Bolt Hockey.' I think that’s a really big part of Cam MacDonald’s game."
"He’s a wonderful kid, he really is. We go through the process of interviewing players and we’re trying to get to know them and dissect them and this kid actually made me laugh a lot of times on the phone. I’m really excited to see how his development path goes. One thing we’re known for in our organization is our development team. Stacy Roest and J.P. Cote do an unbelievable job. So we’ll give this kid like we give all our kids all the resources to develop and I know that he’s super excited to prove everybody that he’s going to be a good Tampa Bay Lightning."
"This is the type of kid I wouldn’t bet against. He’s got the right attitude, high character. He’s that kid that will block the shot when you think he wouldn’t get his body in front of it. He’s going to do whatever it takes to win 1 on 1 battles and he’s going to do whatever it takes to win the game. If you do that as athlete in whatever your chosen sport is, you have a chance to excel."
"We want to play up tempo. Our pursuit, our back pressure is really high throughout the game. As a fan of the game, as someone that’s worked in it my whole life, it was a treat to watch our team play (in the playoffs). The way we hunt the puck, the way we chase down opponents is really invigorating to me as a scout because that makes it easier for us to really like a player like Cam MacDonald when we’re out scouting for the draft."

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad