2020 XFL Season Thread

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well. Didn’t anticipate that.

that’s very good news, Dwayne doesn’t screw around
As much as people dislike Vince I think he was a pretty decent owner to have. not sure the rock is a better owner or not

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As much as people dislike Vince I think he was a pretty decent owner to have. not sure the rock is a better owner or not

He tried twice and couldn’t get out of year 1 either time so probably not that good. Vince’s business ventures outside of wrestling are largely poor

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He tried twice and couldn’t get out of year 1 either time so probably not that good. Vince’s business ventures outside of wrestling are largely poor

This 2nd version of league actually showed some potential and seemed to be stable financially/etc until a worldwide pandemic happened

XFL was a complete failure but XFL 2.0 from its very beginning was a much more stable , serious and structured venture

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This 2nd version of league actually showed some potential and seemed to be stable financially/etc until a worldwide pandemic happened

XFL was a complete failure but XFL 2.0 from its very beginning was a much more stable , serious and structured venture

It did have all of those things but it was still hemorrhaging viewership. Even as free content there was speculation as to whether or not Fox/ESPN would stick with it, and Vince felt the writing was on the wall when it came to a paying tv contract. The business behind it was still too ambitious despite the positives. He also tried to dirtbag all the guys who worked for him afterward.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Well. Didn’t anticipate that.

that’s very good news, Dwayne doesn’t screw around

And despite being closely linked with wrestling & Vince, I think Johnson is viewed in a much more positive/less carny light so maybe he can use that goodwill in a way that is positive for the league

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Need a CFL insider here to tell us what’s happening, this is the first I’m hearing of this.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
CFL trying its hand at having American teams again essentially?

Baltimore Stallions winning is one of the few CFL memories I have
I remember everyone being very upset when the Stallions beat the Stampeders in the Grey Cup, to become the 1st American team to win the Grey Cup.

Mike Pringle and Jim Speros were big time villains.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I wonder if this could be the beginning of the end of the CFL.

They must be in really poor condition financially if they are seeking to align with the XFL.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I wonder if this could be the beginning of the end of the CFL.

They must be in really poor condition financially if they are seeking to align with the XFL.

It's either align or fold. Personally this could be great for the CFL. Old school, patriotic fans may not like the league to go back to having US teams but this could mean a new era for a new generation of fans especially having The Rock endorsing it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's either align or fold. Personally this could be great for the CFL. Old school, patriotic fans may not like the league to go back to having US teams but this could mean a new era for a new generation of fans especially having The Rock endorsing it.
CFL took a hit when players opted to play for the AAFL and XFL the last time because of the salary differences and fewer games. Pay for the entire season was likely close, but at only 60% of the games so way less wear and tear on the body.

So, it benefits both leagues to not canibalize one another. See what they can come up with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad