GDT: 2020 World Series: (AL) Tampa Bay Rays vs (NL) Los Angeles Dodgers - LAD wins 4-2

TB vs LAD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Maeda had a very team friendly deal. They got Brusdar for him but in hindsight probably a mistake trading him.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Yankees are sorta built the same....and with similar payroll.
I guess they figure they can just bash their way to victory on offense and do just enough on the mound with regards to starters.
Yankees had a ton on injuries though that happened after free agency was finished.

Severino and Paxton, namely.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They always put Maeda in the pen for the playoffs anyway.
In the past though they had other starters such as Ryu, Hill, and Wood. Hill and Ryu are gone and Wood is clearly not the same pitcher. Guess they thought they could get through this season with their younger pitchers, still can work. Only a game away.

Reactions: Ducky10

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Yankees had a ton on injuries though that happened after free agency was finished.

Severino and Paxton, namely.

Perhaps, but even accounting for injuries, the Yanks STILL look thin to me in the starting rotation.
Severino, when healthy, for sure is a stud.

But then who after that?
Tanaka is perhaps best as a good bottom of the rotation guy.
Jordan Montgomery? An ok pitcher, but hardly a top of the rotation guy a team with aspirations on winning titles every year would have to pin hopes on.

Paxton? I never was that impressed with him. Even in Seattle. Never saw the allure of him by some pitching in NY.
When its his turn to pitch, "dominant performance" isn't exactly what comes to mind even if he does happen to have a good outing.

I still think those two big money teams LA and NY rely a ton on their offense hoping it would cover deficiencies in their rotations.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Perhaps, but even accounting for injuries, the Yanks STILL look thin to me in the starting rotation.
Severino, when healthy, for sure is a stud.

But then who after that?
Tanaka is perhaps best as a good bottom of the rotation guy.
Jordan Montgomery? An ok pitcher, but hardly a top of the rotation guy a team with aspirations on winning titles every year would have to pin hopes on.

Paxton? I never was that impressed with him. Even in Seattle. Never saw the allure of him by some pitching in NY.
When its his turn to pitch, "dominant performance" isn't exactly what comes to mind even if he does happen to have a good outing.

I still think those two big money teams LA and NY rely a ton on their offense hoping it would cover deficiencies in their rotations.
Cashman needs to be fired is what I am reading here.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Big zone tonight.

Didnt realize it was in the 30's in Arlington, makes sense as it is going to be in the 40's here in Houston.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Snell is pitching great.

Which means they will decide to overmanage and remove him from the game in the middle of the 5th inning after 60 pitches, because that is what their spreadsheet will tell them to do.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Game 6 of the World Series, in a must-win game where you are facing elimination.

You have a former Cy Young winner on the mound, and he is pitching like a Cy Young winner.

I would pitch Snell until his arm fell off, but watch them pull him during the 5th inning.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think being in game 6 of the WS is a pretty good indication Cash has a bit of a handle on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad