GDT: 2020 World Series: (AL) Tampa Bay Rays vs (NL) Los Angeles Dodgers - LAD wins 4-2

TB vs LAD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Gonsolin needs to get out of there before he explodes and the game gets away. he is getting shelled with hard contact way too often early.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
arozarena should get WS MVP regardless of who wins

but if they didn't give bonds the MVP in 02 because his team lost, i guess it'll only happen if the rays win

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
As much as I would love to see a rout in favor of TB heading into a Game 7, I think , strategically, it would be better to win a close ball game.
Why?

For as long as the game hangs in the balance, Dave Roberts will feel compelled to run through as many pitchers as possible to win the game and claim the World Series.
If it is a blowout in favor of the Rays, he just may leave a pitcher or two in there to "take one for the team" and not use up valuable arms that are better served activated in Game 7.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Roberts sees the value in Gonsolin leaving the field instead of the ball....

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Dodgers needs to just pitch around this dude. give him nothing to hit, if he wants to expand let him but don't let him beat you.

E: or go right after him and strike him out on 3 pitches...:laugh: f*** do i know

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
My husband and I have been talking over the Dodgers love fest all series, luckily.

I'm not so sure the Fox booth has a "love fest" going with the Dodgers though.

Dodgers are the "name brand team" of course, but my issue with this Fox broadcast is more the Captain Obvious stuff they keep spewing out.
I used to like John Smoltz. He used to talk strategy, player mentalities...things like that.

Now, he says stupid things like "the importance of home field advantage" in a bubble environment or like a little while ago, saying Gonsolin needs to find his form after not pitching for something like 11 days.
I think even the lowest level "sky is falling" fan can figure that much out.

And I won't even comment too much on Joe Buck.
I bet he's the type of guy who practices his "call faces" in front of a mirror during pre-game commercial breaks in case the camera happens to pan his way...

Reactions: Summer Rose

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
For all the money the Dodgers spend on their payroll, I am surprised they allowed themselves to enter the 2020 season with such a thin starting pitching rotation.

Only Kershaw and Buehler have any kind of past experience.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
For all the money the Dodgers spend on their payroll, I am surprised they allowed themselves to enter the 2020 season with such a thin starting pitching rotation.

Only Kershaw and Buehler have any kind of past experience.

Yankees are sorta built the same....and with similar payroll.
I guess they figure they can just bash their way to victory on offense and do just enough on the mound with regards to starters.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Early but a shrewd move by Roberts there. Arozarena was all set to come up and see 96 over the plate and got nothing but working backwards 88’s. Totally ruined his plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad