upload_2019-12-25_12-42-11.png

Bring on the gold!!

Reactions: RegDunlop

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think the medalists will be Canada, Russia and Sweden in no particular order

NekcuP

Aug 9, 2019
I'd like to see Sweden finally win. It's been too long for these guys. So many good teams with no results.
Maybe this will be the year when they're not expected to even medal.

Some feelings say that it gonna happen this time.
But, i have like no expectations at all, i not even expect wins over Swiss/Slovaks.

1 win, against Kazakhstan + 3 playoffwins, come on;)

Reactions: czechcanadian

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
this year no not enough
Very good forward depth and arguably the best goalie in the tournament, the defence is our weakness this tournament but it aint too bad either, that can go very far in my books, the coach is a wild card. What do you know of our roster really? You just don't want us to succeed x)

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Very good forward depth and arguably the best goalie in the tournament, the defence is our weakness this tournament but it aint too bad either, that can go very far in my books, the coach is a wild card. What do you know of our roster really? You just don't want us to succeed x)
I think you have some of your scouting report backward. I feel the general consensus on this forum is that the D corps is a strength and the forward depth is the weakness.

Reactions: Sticktape

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I think you have some of your scouting report backward. I feel the general consensus on this forum is that the D corps is a strength and the forward depth is the weakness.
I beg to differ. Raty brothers, Kupari, Maccelli, Puistola, Oden. And our D is good offensively but defensively? Idk. But counting us out from medals is a good laugh.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
World Juniors continues to be a niche event in the Czech Republic. Czech TV even prefers to broadcast Spengler Cup.
That’s a shame. To be fair, the Spengler Cup is actually pretty fun to watch. I wish it was at another time of year.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
World Juniors continues to be a niche event in the Czech Republic. Czech TV even prefers to broadcast Spengler Cup.

I believe they only broadcast Czech team games. At least in the group stage. To make things clear for people from abroad, quite many hockey fans here follow the World juniors, but those are mostly "hockey freaks," people who use to watch NHL games being played during the night CET and so on. It is apparently not enough for the Czech TV to broadcast all games. At the other hand, the fan discussions on World Juniors are much more relevant here than these on the men's WCH, precisely since it is basically followed by people who know a thing or two about hockey and not by casual fans who have no clue. So the fan "community" around WJC is much more interesting than the usual bunches of "pub coaches" during the men's WCH, at least to me.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
But counting us out from medals is a good laugh.
Nothing new. Idk how many medals on U18, 20 and adult level Finland has to win, to make people realize that Finns should never be counted out before the tournament. Or after bad group stage when Finland barely get's through but finally ends up playing for medals.

Yeah, not as many stars as previous years but that roster is still talented enough to cause very big upsets. Let's see what happens!

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Got to eat breakfast and watch a hockey game this morning. The tournament isn't in Europe as often as it used to be. Forgot how much I liked these day games during the Xmas break.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
What's up with the schedule? Isn't it usually a game starting every 1,5 hours (I.e. 3pm, 4.30pm, 6pm etc) or something like that instead of two at a time?

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada's probably looking at a 1-3 round robin record and elimination in the quarter-final round, and may be forced to stare the possibility of playing in the relegation game in the face.

Unless they get a pillbox-defence roster full of 6' 5'' tall 17 year olds to play next year, Canada may be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

=/

This won't age well.

...Yup didn't age well.

Jeb99

Apr 26, 2014
Jönköping
Any Swedish fans in Ostrava who would like to meet up before the game somewhere?

Have some breakfast-beeeeeeer-lunch-beeeeer before the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->