2020 World Juniors: Who Makes Fisher’s Team Canada?

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Personally, the kid line I would like to see is Lafreniere Byfield Perfetti...

My foward group would go this way:

Hayton Dach Veleno

Lafreniere Byfield Perfetti

Holloway McMichael Cozens

Foote Groulx Dellandrea\Foudy

Edit: Dach to be released or not?

Reactions: cheesehead9099

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Nice prediction should be interesting to see what they role out. I couldn’t see Canada doing that many draft eligible prospects even though Canada has a strong stock this year. Last year it was just Lafreniere usually just seems to be one or two guys.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Nice prediction should be interesting to see what they role out. I couldn’t see Canada doing that many draft eligible prospects even though Canada has a strong stock this year. Last year it was just Lafreniere usually just seems to be one or two guys.

Yeah, six is a stretch, as mentioned in the article, but that’s who I would be taking, not necessarily a prediction of the actual roster. I don’t think they will go that young, even if they should IMO.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Personally, the kid line I would like to see is Lafreniere Byfield Perfetti...

My foward group would go this way:

Hayton Dach Veleno

Lafreniere Byfield Perfetti

Holloway McMichael Cozens

Foote Groulx Dellandrea\Foudy

Edit: Dach to be released or not?

I thought Arizona wasn't going to release Hayton?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Rodrigue has been amazing this year
Actually, none of our goalies are really “big names” but have all played excellently this year. The problem is we just don’t know if they will rise to the big stage.
No Pelletier? Gross
Unfortunately, hearing he just got injured. So that’s that. I would have had him on the team.

Here’s my lineup. I’m going to assume that neither Arizona nor Chicago are going to be actively sabotaging their players’ development by deciding to continue their horrific usage instead of making Hayton and Dach available.

Lafreniere-Veleno-Dach
McMichael-Hayton-Thomas
Krebs-Byfield-Cozens
Foudy-Newhook-Dellandrea
Groulx/Holloway

Smith-Dobson
Byram-JBD
McIsaac-Harley
Bahl/Drysdale

Rodrigue
Hofer
Jones

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not sure if you're aware, but your lineup "with NHLers" doesn't include Kirby Dach which is just about the biggest oversight you could have made.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Not sure if you're aware, but your lineup "with NHLers" doesn't include Kirby Dach which is just about the biggest oversight you could have made.

you must be fun at parties

hope to see Newhook on the team, could use his speed on the big ice

Reactions: Dominance

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Five spots are spoken for on D, assuming Dobson is loaned. Bernard-Docker is definitely in the mix for one of the two remaining spots, as mentioned.
5 are spoken for already, and JBD not being one of them?

Seems pretty strange, I thought McKenzie had JBD as one of the 3-4 locks/favourites on D.

Last edited:

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Pretty sure Dale dgaf and will take both of his Knights

blindpass

May 7, 2010
By all accounts he's not going to be made available. That's being factored in.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Theres no way canada is that young, they wont have an all draft eligible line. I also doubt they go with a pairing of Byram and Drysdale in the top 4, its more likely a combo of Smith, Dobson, McIsaac and JBD in the top 4 with a shot at Byram also being there. Hihghly unlikely Drysdale is relied on that much This tourney is always hard on 18 year old d, its a 19 year olds tourney. Bernard-Docker is damn close to a lock as well. Hayton isnt getting released Bob Mackenzie said.

This roster is just way too young to be what Canada actually brings

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
pretty much bang on with my roster wish list. more or less. too bad a couple of idiot NHL GMs have to be the fly in the ointment.

I don't mind missing out on 18-19 year old players if they are legit NHLers contributing to their teams, but missing out on junior age players putting their assprints on the barstools in the pressbox is disappointing.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.

I noted that I don't expect Chicago to loan Dach to Canada. Jeremy Colliton and the Blackhawks' brass have made that quite clear, so cross him off the list barring a last-minute change of heart.

Last edited:

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Theres no way canada is that young, they wont have an all draft eligible line. I also doubt they go with a pairing of Byram and Drysdale in the top 4, its more likely a combo of Smith, Dobson, McIsaac and JBD in the top 4 with a shot at Byram also being there. Hihghly unlikely Drysdale is relied on that much This tourney is always hard on 18 year old d, its a 19 year olds tourney. Bernard-Docker is damn close to a lock as well. Hayton isnt getting released Bob Mackenzie said.

This roster is just way too young to be what Canada actually brings

This roster is who I would take, not a prediction of the actual roster. These are the 22 players that would make my Team Canada. I realize they will likely go older, even if I don't agree with that decision. I would have went younger with the 2019 team too (Dach, Cozens and Byram would have made my team over Entwistle, Bowers and Phillips) and I think they would have fared better by going that route and had more returnees for 2020 as a result. But hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad