Prospect Info: 2020 World Junior Thread: McJesus Edition - McMichael (CAN) & Has (CZE)

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Was hard to see on Akil Thomas' incredible goal, and it'll get overlooked, but McMichael had an incredible tip pass that led Thomas into the zone on that 4-3 goal, it was pretty awesome

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
probably wasn't the smartest of the TSN commentators to say that was their own camera lmao
Haha yeah I'd have kept that info to myself - especially when he went on to say that they put it out of play specifically for this situation, and then they go on to say no penalty called...

Reactions: GoCaps2004

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
probably wasn't the smartest of the TSN commentators to say that was their own camera lmao

Do you think TSN snuck it in there without permission?

How do the refs not know that the camera is behind the glass, Its just awful reffing.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Do you think TSN snuck it in there without permission?

How do the refs not know that the camera is behind the glass, Its just awful reffing.
no, and obviously there's no way to know that this could've happened, but like.... that's info that im sure TSN didn't need to have known to the world.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Haha yeah I'd have kept that info to myself - especially when he went on to say that they put it out of play specifically for this situation, and then they go on to say no penalty called...

why would you keep that to yourself? TSN is just calling the game not fixing it.

Reactions: 895

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
What are you talking about? why should there be secrecy?
Because it can be expected that some people (Russians) might be pissed that there was a missed call. It was missed because there was confusion about the camera (the call likely wouldn't have been missed if the camera wasn't there). The camera happened to be owned/placed there by the Canadian broadcast company. Not a super hard thing to grasp here.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Because it can be expected that some people (Russians) might be pissed that there was a missed call. It was missed because there was confusion about the camera (the call likely wouldn't have been missed if the camera wasn't there). The camera happened to be owned/placed there by the Canadian broadcast company. Not a super hard thing to grasp here.

But its a missed call... thats not on TSN.

The camera was behind the glass, TSN did not interfere with the playing surface.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Kind of want to watch the rest of the game because the last 5 or so minutes were an utter joke by the refs. Complete flop to get the PP for the tying goal, you can easily argue GI on the go ahead goal and the delay of game. Hell the stick was not visible broken when he played the puck so did they call him for carrying the shaft but not involved in the play?

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Refs ruin what would have been a great game. Canada would have been down 2 men and Russia on a 6 on 3 power play. How is it not reviewable when the puck hits a damn camera

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Refs ruin what would have been a great game. Canada would have been down 2 men and Russia on a 6 on 3 power play. How is it not reviewable when the puck hits a damn camera
Just blows my mind there isn’t a black and white rule and/or move the camera to the back of the penalty box so there is no issue at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->