2020 WJC - Denisenko (RUS), Schütz (GER) and Knight (USA) chase World Junior Gold

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hayton sold that, but don't put the ref in a position to make a call. What a dumb decision by the Russian player.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm straight up rooting for Denny/Russia. Don't tell the Mounties

cat-stare.gif

My old friend from high school is in the RCMP, I'd say you got a good 3 hr head start...those horses can gallop

Reactions: 16Skippy

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Russia was absolutely hosed. Should have been a 5-3 when the puck hit a TSN camera; if I were Denisenko, I would lead my team off immediately.
Yes, that should've been a penalty, but that didn't cost Russia the game. Undisciplined penalties one after the other starting from the end of the 2nd period did.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
What about the 4-5 PP's Russia had in the 1st?
Can't blame refs every time.
Sure. There are two differences here. The first difference is that the timing affects the value of the call. Getting hose down by 1 with 2 minutes left in the game hold more value to a team than a bad call in the first due to the continuation value. Generally I agree with your implicit argument that bad calls are part of the game and average out and can be overcome by strong play, but with 2 minutes left, there isn't much of an argument here.

Second, this was a clear cut missed call as it was a textbook delay of game at the most important time of the game. It's not a 50-50 call or even a 55-45 missed call which I understand.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sure. There are two differences here. The first difference is that the timing affects the value of the call. Getting hose down by 1 with 2 minutes left in the game hold more value to a team than a bad call in the first due to the continuation value. Generally I agree with your implicit argument that bad calls are part of the game and average out and can be overcome by strong play, but with 2 minutes left, there isn't much of an argument here.

Second, this was a clear cut missed call as it was a textbook delay of game at the most important time of the game. It's not a 50-50 call or even a 55-45 missed call which I understand.

For sure, maybe Russia ties it up and it ends differently if it was called.
Maybe Russia scores another PP goal in the 1st and once up 4-1, it ends differently.
It was an enjoyable game for the most part and felt the refs did interfere or called too much but don't feel there was some bias against either team. Unfortunately the one call they miss is the one everyone will focus on.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Anybody got a video link to the missed call? Thanks in advance.

Sad for Deni, would have been nice to finally see some positive result for anybody in the Panthers system...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There must be some part of the rules where they can't call a puck over glass penalty, when the puck hits a camera. Linesman clearly saw it and indicates a 2 minute penalty straight away, they need a legit reason to overturn that call.

Reffing in this game was by far the best in this tournament, so no one should blame them, regardless of the side they take (and I wanted Denny to win).

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
For sure, maybe Russia ties it up and it ends differently if it was called.
Maybe Russia scores another PP goal in the 1st and once up 4-1, it ends differently.
It was an enjoyable game for the most part and felt the refs did interfere or called too much but don't feel there was some bias against either team. Unfortunately the one call they miss is the one everyone will focus on.

The missed call at the end is a game-breaker !

Call it like you want, but it is what it is... Canada was more lucky and Russia should be pissed. I would be !

You can be robbed without the refs having bias... They were just stupid !

The call they missed will be focused on because it is a call that every hockey-fans can make... It bas nothing to do with perception !

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
There must be some part of the rules where they can't call a puck over glass penalty, when the puck hits a camera. Linesman clearly saw it and indicates a 2 minute penalty straight away, they need a legit reason to overturn that call.

Reffing in this game was by far the best in this tournament, so no one should blame them, regardless of the side they take (and I wanted Denny to win).

The guys at TSN are having fun with THEIR camera being part of the play... And they are really glad it wasn’t called like it should have been !

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Anybody got a video link to the missed call? Thanks in advance.

Sad for Deni, would have been nice to finally see some positive result for anybody in the Panthers system...

The missed call at the end is a game-breaker !

Call it like you want, but it is what it is... Canada was more lucky and Russia should be pissed. I would be !

You can be robbed without the refs having bias... They were just stupid !

The call they missed will be focused on because it is a call that every hockey-fans can make... It bas nothing to do with perception !

Read the comments on the link I just provided. Go to bottom of comments with rule circled.
Now we will have an argument over scoreboard or structural object

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Read the comments on the link I just provided. Go to bottom of comments with rule circled.
Now we will have an argument over scoreboard or structural object

When it says “above” the ice surface I’m pretty sure it means scoreclock, light fixtures etc.

The puck went straight over the glass, it’s a penalty, camera or no camera is irrelevant.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad