2020 WJC - Denisenko (RUS), Schütz (GER) and Knight (USA) chase World Junior Gold

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Good to see him turning it on late in the tournament to help secure the win and birth into next round but I didn't have many worries he would have trouble against the teens.

For me, he needs to come over to NA next year, his development in KHL has been underwhelming. He's on the cusp of being an untouchable for me but right now, sits outside it and I would move him in a package, if for the right piece on D. Hopefully he's a good replacement for Dadonov in a few years if he keeps improving.
I would
Leave him in Europe. They seem to develope better over there and he needs more physical development without the worry of adjusting to coming overseas.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In what sense though?

Trocheck:
1.13 PPG in 264 OHL games
0.78 PPG in 78 AHL games
0.67 PPG in 397 NHL games

For a 3rd round pick, those are really good numbers.

I meant like all the tools in his attack. Vinny had good speed but was very predictable offensively. Denisenko has many more ways in which to beat you.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would
Leave him in Europe. They seem to develope better over there and he needs more physical development without the worry of adjusting to coming overseas.

Hopefully he gets an increased role on the team then. Curious if it would be a 1 or 2 year deal. If its 2 years, there should be an opt out clause after year one.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I meant like all the tools in his attack. Vinny had good speed but was very predictable offensively. Denisenko has many more ways in which to beat you.
Yeah, but.... people think Barkov is easy to knock off the puck.....

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, but.... people think Barkov is easy to knock off the puck.....

That's why i think he needs to come to n.a. next season. It looks like he hasn't really gained much strength and muscle in 1.5 years. We need to get our nutritionists and trainers working with him asap. Especially given that he's sub-6'0". He needs some serious bulking up. Once he beefs up, he'll be able to handle pro hockey better. Against teenagers, he shines. Against men, he's less than mediocre.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Germany loses to Kazakhstan this morning, so a third and deciding game will be played tomorrow in the regulation series.

Schütz is a -1, with no points, in two games. I haven't watched any of the two games, so I don't have anything to report about his play.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Germany loses to Kazakhstan this morning, so a third and deciding game will be played tomorrow in the regulation series.

Schütz is a -1, with no points, in two games. I haven't watched any of the two games, so I don't have anything to report about his play.

He wasn't particular noticeable in either of the last two games. He had a few chances in the second game in which Germany didn't get much going

But he moved back to the wing after playing center in the first games. Don't know how many though

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Not Panthers related but can anyone tell me why Yegor Sokolov hasn't been drafted or signed by any NHL team?

If I understand right he's been undrafted 2 drafts already

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Denisenko gets another shot at gold. Russia wins 5-4 in OT. He finished the game with 2 assists, but only got credited with 1 so far. He had the secondary assist on Russia 4th goal but hasn’t gotten credit.

Anyway, not putting up as many points as last year, but has looked really good. Nice to see him captaining the team to the finals.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Not Panthers related but can anyone tell me why Yegor Sokolov hasn't been drafted or signed by any NHL team?

If I understand right he's been undrafted 2 drafts already

I think he was only eligible last year. This is his 2nd year I believe.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Denisenko gets another shot at gold. Russia wins 5-4 in OT. He finished the game with 2 assists, but only got credited with 1 so far. He had the secondary assist on Russia 4th goal but hasn’t gotten credit.

Anyway, not putting up as many points as last year, but has looked really good. Nice to see him captaining the team to the finals.
He had nine points in seven games last year; so far has seven points in six games as far as I know so pretty much the same production?

Also was named one of the "top 3 Russians" of the tournament.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
He had nine points in seven games last year; so far has seven points in six games as far as I know so pretty much the same production?

Yeah, now that I look he could end up pretty much the same as last year. Hoping for a big game from him in the finals.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
\

I think he lost a secondary assist on the 4th goal as well. Given that he is on the second line, I'm pretty happy: he's playing hard and showing some good leadership.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Schutz with two secondary assists in a 6-0 win over Kazachstan. Solid performance by him all tournament (collected four assists in 7 games, good for 6th-7th on the team behind Bokk, Seider and the three expected/potential first rounders Stutzle, Peterka and Reichel). Got a lot of icetime here:

Last edited:
Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad