GDT: 2020 WJC (Caps Prospects: McMichael — CAN and Hugo Has — CZE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
not impossible sure, any evidence of that or pure speculation?

It was purely speculation/assumption, in the same way that anyone can benefit on the score sheet from playing a lot with a high end offensive talent. (Chris Clark 2006-07 anyone?)

But since you asked, I went back and watched highlights from the 2019 WJC, for any scoring play involving both Alexeyev and Romanov. Turns out there were only two - so my assumption/speculation was wrong over this sample size. Of Alexeyev's seven points, Romanov only got a point on two of the plays. [I know this doesn't mean they didn't impact each other in other ways off the score sheet - such as teams defending against OV on a power play, and as a result allowing Carlson to score. But that wasn't the premise of my post, and detecting those impacts sometimes isn't obvious to an amateur observer.

Vs. Denmark, a 4-0 win for Russia. At the 4:19 mark, Alexeyev does a great job of keeping the puck in, passes to Romanov who throws it on net. It is deflected in front by Pavel Shen. I don't see anything special Romanov did here that tons of other defenseman can't (maybe subtleties beyond my skill at detection.) Due to the effort and skill along the blue line, AA gets my 'credit' for a point here without relying on Romanov.

Vs Switzerland, a 7-4 win for Russia. At the 4:02 mark, Russia on the power play, Alexeyev at the top right scores off of a pretty standard setup - puck thrown from down low to Romanov at the top left, who passes it across to Alexeyev who scores on an excellent shot. Nothing special about what Romanov did here, any defenseman could do the same, AA gets full credit.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Watching the full replay of the Czech-Austria game. Hugo Has got the primary assist on their 2nd goal with a nice slap pass. Actually thought he shanked it at first

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The big game coming on soon at 7 pm ET!

Canada vs Czech Republic. The hopefully McMichael scores 768 points, but not against Has game.

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA
How many points does CMM have? And where is he versus the tourney leaders?

He is sixth in the tournament in points with 8 in six games (4G 4A). Dylan Cozens leads with 16. Zegras is right behind him with 15 before USA v Finland tonight.

Lobodomy

Feb 25, 2019
Finland
Damn yanks looked crap, was afraid they gonna lose. Phew.

With performance like that they gonna get murdered by Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad