GDT: 2020 WJC (Caps Prospects: McMichael — CAN and Hugo Has — CZE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Curious to see how McMichael does here. I have very high expectations for him and with Dach out he's going to have to be good if they want to win again. Good enough to be top scorer?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Curious to see how McMichael does here. I have very high expectations for him and with Dach out he's going to have to be good if they want to win again. Good enough to be top scorer?
There's a chance. I think Canada probably should load up a line rather than spread things out but that balance gives McMichael a better chance compared to him not being on a juiced line. He is on their top PP unit but he may have a tougher time leading them in scoring at center. It's not impossible and he's been pretty involved offensively but overall Cozens is a safer bet for top scorer (though his new linemates in Holloway & Newhook haven't been great thus far).

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
There's a chance. I think Canada probably should load up a line rather than spread things out but that balance gives McMichael a better chance compared to him not being on a juiced line. He is on their top PP unit but he may have a tougher time leading them in scoring at center. It's not impossible and he's been pretty involved offensively but overall Cozens is a safer bet for top scorer (though his new linemates in Holloway & Newhook haven't been great thus far).

Um what? Holloway and Newhook have been great, Cozens has been the underwhelming one of the three. But anyways I think McMichael has a great shot at being Canada's leading scorer.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Um what? Holloway and Newhook have been great, Cozens has been the underwhelming one of the three. But anyways I think McMichael has a great shot at being Canada's leading scorer.
Eh, just my limited observation. They've been fine but nothing particularly warranting top line duty. I might be a little too bullish on Cozens since he's not terribly dynamic himself but he'll find it eventually. The raw tools are there.

McMichael's crafty enough to do it. He's probably one of the three most likely to do it and if his line with Perfetti & Krebs gels quicker than the rest it's very possible.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Eh, just my limited observation. They've been fine but nothing particularly warranting top line duty. I might be a little too bullish on Cozens since he's not terribly dynamic himself but he'll find it eventually. The raw tools are there.

McMichael's crafty enough to do it. He's probably one of the three most likely to do it and if his line with Perfetti & Krebs gels quicker than the rest it's very possible.

Fair enough. I might have a bit of bias as an Oilers fan (also a Caps fan dw) but I think both Holloway and Newhook have played well. I really like Holloway, having watcged his college games as an Oilers fan. My less than stellar review of Cozens is solely based on the pre-tournament game against Russia. Thought the play died every time he got the puck. But that's a one game sample.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Fair enough. I might have a bit of bias as an Oilers fan (also a Caps fan dw) but I think both Holloway and Newhook have played well. I really like Holloway, having watcged his college games as an Oilers fan. My less than stellar review of Cozens is solely based on the pre-tournament game against Russia. Thought the play died every time he got the puck. But that's a one game sample.

I guess Cozens answered that lol ;)

Reactions: Corby78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad