2020 WHL Bantam Draft

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018

Surprised Streek didn't want to report to Portland, but perhaps Saskatoon can offer him a better chance to play as a 16 year old compared to fighting for a roster spot in Portland. I'm dissapointed we lost one of our more promising forward prospects but hopefully the trade is roughly equal value as it is seen as a deep draft.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Interesting development that Alan Caldwell has pointed out, with regards to Everett and this draft

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018

Surprised Streek didn't want to report to Portland, but perhaps Saskatoon can offer him a better chance to play as a 16 year old compared to fighting for a roster spot in Portland. I'm dissapointed we lost one of our more promising forward prospects but hopefully the trade is roughly equal value as it is seen as a deep draft.

They probably didn't have a spot for him? Having said that, Portland signed a lot of D over the last few months and not many Forwards. Looking over their prospects page now to see whats there as far as forwards are concerned. What is happening with Pasternak?

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
They probably didn't have a spot for him? Having said that, Portland signed a lot of D over the last few months and not many Forwards. Looking over their prospects page now to see whats there as far as forwards are concerned. What is happening with Pasternak?
We are only losing 2 roster forwards in Gricius and Gillis while having signed prospects Litke, Pasternak, Chyzowski and Bevington all coming in to compete for spots and probably ahead of Streek so there was no guarantee he would make the team. That being said it's still dissapointing to see him not fight for the spot and instead request a trade. For Pasternak, he has played south of the border for a while even though hes from Manitoba but I expect him to come to camp and fight for a spot as he put up some respectable numbers in a part time USHL campaign with Chicago.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Didn't realize Portland has the 23rd overall pick from the Ryan Hughes trade last year, I remembered we had traded away many early picks in this draft from buying the past couple years. With that in mind a kid like Jayden Perron would fit MJ's mold for our forwards and we have had great success with Winnipeg forwards like Glass and Jarvis. Marcus Pacheco also could be a target if we go forward. On defense, Bauer Dumanski and Reid Andersen sound promising and could be available at 23.
Wow I was right about Perron!

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018
We are only losing 2 roster forwards in Gricius and Gillis while having signed prospects Litke, Pasternak, Chyzowski and Bevington all coming in to compete for spots and probably ahead of Streek so there was no guarantee he would make the team. That being said it's still dissapointing to see him not fight for the spot and instead request a trade. For Pasternak, he has played south of the border for a while even though hes from Manitoba but I expect him to come to camp and fight for a spot as he put up some respectable numbers in a part time USHL campaign with Chicago.
I actually like Streek more than Chyzowski from the little I have seen. Having said that, we have 4 signed forwards vouching for 2 spots? What about the other forward prospects from 2019/18 draft I see on the PW prospect page? Any of them signed or signing? HAVE you heard anything about Schelter?
Any chances of the new 2020 draftees signing right away?

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
I actually like Streek more than Chyzowski from the little I have seen. Having said that, we have 4 signed forwards vouching for 2 spots? What about the other forward prospects from 2019/18 draft I see on the PW prospect page? Any of them signed or signing? HAVE you heard anything about Schelter?
Any chances of the new 2020 draftees signing right away?
I havent seen either play, but Chyzowski was drafted higher and reading MJ's comments from the draft last year and training camp he seems very high on him, and plays center which the team has graduated 2 of. 2 spots from the overagers graduating, more could open up if they trade away someone like Stefan for example (which I think is unlikely cause he is best friends with O'Brien). There are other forward prospects in the system but aren't signed yet and may or may not commit to the team so it is hard to pencil them in. I haven't heard anything on Schelter but as a bigger body would be a welcome addition to a mostly smaller group. Traditionally Portland doesn't sign guys until they have seen them in training camp so I expect there to be a wait.

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018
I like Schelter's size that's why I asked (since some big guys are leaving.)
Snuggerud 6'2" and Fedele 6'3" are two really big F prospects that I don't know much about. Wonder if there even will be a training camp in Aug and if there is, will the Canadians be able to cross the border?

Last edited:

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
I like Schelter's size that's why I asked (since some big guys are leaving.)
Snuggerud 6'2" and Fedele 6'3" are two really big F prospects that I don't know much about. Wonder if there even will be a training camp in Aug and if there is, will the Canadians be able to cross the border?
Snuggerud is signed to the US NTDP so he is most likely not showing up, unless he decides to play junior after the 2 years instead of college. Fedele I have not heard anything about. Training camp will happen, just a matter of when its safe to do so, everything is up in the air right now.

Reactions: WHLINDEPENDANT

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Love seeing only after a week since the draft, 13 of the 1st round picks have signed already. The top 7 picks have and 6 others. Love it!

Looks like Seattle signed their 2nd round pick Dube too

Last edited:

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Any thoughts on the Blazers 2 1st round picks Kaden Hammell, and Grayden Slipec?
Slipec could be the steal of the draft at 27, as Dubnetwork scouting had him at 7 overall and Draftgeek had him at 6. Hammel also seems like a great value being ranked 9th by Dubnetwork and 15th by draftgeek. Good balance in building with a forward and dman.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
1Regina Pats
3.png
Connor Bedard (F)---
signed
#2Prince George Cougars
3.png
Riley Heidt (F)----
signed
#3Moose Jaw Warriors
3.png
Brayden Yager (F)--
signed
#4Tri-City Americans
3.png
Lukas Dragicevic (D)---
signed
#5Saskatoon Blades
3.png
Tanner Molendyk (D)---
signed
#6Red Deer Rebels
3.png
Kalan Lind (F)---
signed
#7Seattle Thunderbirds
3.png
Sam Oremba (F)---
signed
#8Kelowna Rockets
3.png
Andrew Cristall (F)---
signed
#9Victoria Royals
3.png
Austin Zemlak (D)----
signed
#10Vancouver Giants
3.png
Mazden Leslie (D)---
signed
#11Medicine Hat Tigers
3.png
Reid Andresen (D)---
signed
#12Calgary Hitmen
3.png
Oliver Tulk (F)----
signed
#13Brandon Wheat Kings
3.png
Quinn Mantei (D)---
signed
#14Winnipeg Ice
3.png
Zach Benson (F)---
signed
#15Prince Albert Raiders
3.png
Terrell Goldsmith (D)---
signed
#16Lethbridge Hurricanes
3.png
Cole Miller (F)-----
signed
#17Prince George Cougars
3.png
Caden Brown (F)------
signed
#18Spokane Chiefs
3.png
Saige Weinstein (D)----
signed
#19Kamloops Blazers
3.png
Kaden Hammell (D)---
signed
#20Edmonton Oil Kings
3.png
Dawson Seitz (F)------
signed
#21Swift Current Broncos
3.png
Brady Birnie (F)---
signed
#22Prince George Cougars
3.png
Ryker Singer (F) -------signed
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018

First player from the US draft to sign, from a team that played at the US Challenge Cup and going to a team that doesn't generally carry too many americans, looks like a positive sign to me!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad