2020 WHL Bantam Draft

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Don't really think anyone will challenge him but Brayden Yager is likely #2 behind Bedard. Then Kalan Lind, Bauer Dumanski and Riley Heidt are likely 1sts among some other talented kids from Sask.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Tanner Molendyk - D should be a big riser, 1st round talent. I imagine he goes to CSSHL but with Major Bantam next year it could be a tougher sell?

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
Don't really think anyone will challenge him but Brayden Yager is likely #2 behind Bedard. Then Kalan Lind, Bauer Dumanski and Riley Heidt are likely 1sts among some other talented kids from Sask.

I truly think Yager can make a run at him (Bedard). Bedard shows a lack of defensive skills and I found him as the F3 a lot of times. Great goal scorer and the game is a lot about scoring goals now. I wonder if it helps him to play in CSSHL team where he is the best player on his team and they build a power play around him essentially. There is also a lot of rumblings that if their team is in the "east Div" he isn't breaking any scoring records. A lot of high scoring games in the west.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Does Bedard even have a chance of getting eps into the WHL now that Savoie got denied. Is Bedard better than Savoie.

e14

Feb 14, 2018
Does Bedard even have a chance of getting eps into the WHL now that Savoie got denied. Is Bedard better than Savoie.

In my opinion you get exceptional status if you can be among the best players on your WHL team.

Not because you can survive on the team. I don't think Savoie would have been a top line player in WHL next year. Can Bedard be top line WHL in his draft year?

Mcdavid was top on his team in scoring as 15 year old... That is exceptional... Many players could play third and fourth line as 15 year olds.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
In my opinion you get exceptional status if you can be among the best players on your WHL team.

Not because you can survive on the team. I don't think Savoie would have been a top line player in WHL next year. Can Bedard be top line WHL in his draft year?

Mcdavid was top on his team in scoring as 15 year old... That is exceptional... Many players could play third and fourth line as 15 year olds.

Savoie is probably good enough to play in the top 6 for quite a few teams next year.

Why he wasn't given status is a real mystery to me.

To early to tell with Bedard.

Reactions: e14

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I would imagine Mazden Leslie will be a top pick. His numbers as a 13 year defenseman in Alberta bantam are outrageous.

Big League

Sep 26, 2019
Tanner Molendyk - D should be a big riser, 1st round talent. I imagine he goes to CSSHL but with Major Bantam next year it could be a tougher sell?
Ended up in Yale. A lot of the kids who should of been major Bantam Kamloops left for Yale i learnt. Kamloops ended up not having a major Bantam team

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Savoie is probably good enough to play in the top 6 for quite a few teams next year.

Why he wasn't given status is a real mystery to me.

To early to tell with Bedard.

From what I've heard we wasnt given ES because we wasnt willing to report to Prince George if they won the draft lottery. The CHL will only give you ES if you are willing to report to any team. When Winnipeg won it he was willing to report there.

The CHL isnt going to give any kid ES if they want to pick and choose where they land.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
From what I've heard we wasnt given ES because we wasnt willing to report to Prince George if they won the draft lottery. The CHL will only give you ES if you are willing to report to any team. When Winnipeg won it he was willing to report there.

The CHL isnt going to give any kid ES if they want to pick and choose where they land.

Fair enough but given the number of options players have to play in different leagues or even different countries, this policy seems outdated already.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Fair enough but given the number of options players have to play in different leagues or even different countries, this policy seems outdated already.

Yeah but they dont want to get burned and look stupid. If they have Savoie ES and PG eon the lottery and he just goes to the NCAA anyways. It makes them look stupid. They dont want to look stupid like they did with Day.

e14

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah but they dont want to get burned and look stupid. If they have Savoie ES and PG eon the lottery and he just goes to the NCAA anyways. It makes them look stupid. They dont want to look stupid like they did with Day.

those that have seen him play in Winnipeg... is he looking like top line?

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
How good is Brayden Yager ? I heard about him in the Bedard thread. I made that thread, but I don’t actively scout players or anything like that.

lfunk

Apr 9, 2018
Lack of top WHL picks from the Rink (CSSHL Prep) last year had them fall out of favor. I heard they dropped their fee down as much as $10000 per player to attract kids. They still have Tyler Parr who should be a first rounder. The next best players in Manitoba are playing regional/city bantam (check out Wpg Warriors.)

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Lack of top WHL picks from the Rink (CSSHL Prep) last year had them fall out of favor. I heard they dropped their fee down as much as $10000 per player to attract kids. They still have Tyler Parr who should be a first rounder. The next best players in Manitoba are playing regional/city bantam (check out Wpg Warriors.)
RINK still has some good players on that team, and this year's bantam team seems better than last year's overall. Parr is very good, but there are a few others on that team that you shouldn't sleep on. A couple really solid defencemen (Stewart and Miner) and some dynamic forwards (Marchant, Magnus, Groening, Hoilett) to go along with Parr. I get more and more excited about Vouriot every time I see him, and MacMillan is a joy to watch as well, both are small players but are very noticeable out there, late round picks though, not early.

Careful with the stats on that Warriors team, they have a 20-0 win in which Perron had 10 points, so a bit inflated. Don't get me wrong though, Perron is VERY good. Hansen is a good one too, if he can figure out his hockey sense, he tends to seemingly drift away mentally at times, at least from my viewings of him.

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018

If I recall...they (Rink) May have had the most or tied for the most draft picks in the CSSHL league.....

looks like Wpg Warriors just lost to OHAE and Rink beat Red Deer at RMC. Will be interesting to follow. I know a lot of AAA/CSSHL who’s better banter in that province.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
If I recall...they (Rink) May have had the most or tied for the most draft picks in the CSSHL league.....

looks like Wpg Warriors just lost to OHAE and Rink beat Red Deer at RMC. Will be interesting to follow. I know a lot of AAA/CSSHL who’s better banter in that province.

RINK lost twice today and Warriors won this morning but lost this afternoon. Both teams are 1-2 now. There is A TON of banter between RINK kids and AAA kids, these results are interesting. Warriors lost 8-0 to Yale this afternoon, Rink lost to Yale 8-0 two weeks ago...interesting stuff for sure.

Reactions: howbowdat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad