2020 Virtual Graduation Congratulations Thread

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
This year's graduations from Elementary School, High School, College and Post Grad are underway or are occurring over the next month or so. As the father of a graduate, I feel they are really missing out on something special. I feel I'm missing out on something as well - being able to be with my son for one of life's rites of passage. So I thought I'd start this thread to see if anyone wanted to congratulate their graduate or share the good news with the board.

My son - age 25 - is wrapping up his university career today with a PhD in Materials Design and Innovation from the UB School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. He got his Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering at UB in 2016, his Masters in Materials Design in 2018 and just defended his thesis and was granted his PhD. I could not be prouder or happier for him. When he entered his post grad studies it was the first year of this program and consequently, he is the first PhD his program has produced. He's also the first PhD in our entire family.

Note - if the moderators think this is a lame topic or think it should be rolled into the OT thread, I'm fine with that

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad