Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v4) REGULAR SEASON FINALE: vs Bal| Sun, Sept 27 | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Akin vs Roark

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
That sucks that Dan wont be calling tuesdays game.

We now get stuck with Buck being the playcaller which is not optimal.

I get he has a contract with ESPN but does this mean he will never be able to call our playoff games until his contract with them runs out?
Maybe they'll bring back Jim Hughson, it'll be just like the 80s again. Oh wait I guess Hughson is still busy with hockey.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Sunk cost theory. The only way he's on the team is if they use him as the 2021 Yama-GOOCH-i mopup role.
I can't see him not being on next year's team. But I hope he's a low leverage long man.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Sounds like if we beat Tampa was face the winner of Cleveland/New York. So it didn’t really matter if we finished 5th or 8th. We had to go through two of Tampa, Cleveland or New York to get to the ALCS.

Man that other bracket is so much easier. Minnesota, White Sox, Oakland and Houston. Jays would be in the ALCS if we were in that bracket.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Montoya has to go. Guys an incompetent moron. Cost the jays so many games this year. This game perfect example. Complete failure

go jays

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Montoya has to go. Guys an incompetent moron. Cost the jays so many games this year. This game perfect example. Complete failure

go jays

They weren’t really trying to win this game. They were deliberately burning through crappy arms that won’t be on the playoff roster so everyone is fresh for Tuesday.

Montoya has done some dumb shit, but this game wasn’t one of them. If they win, they get Guaranteed Loss Night against Cleveland and Bieber in Game 1 and then have to sweep a 2-game mini series against an elite team.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Aren't playoff games we're getting the national American feed? There are no local broadcasts in the playoffs, unless things changed this year.

We get the Jays broadcast for the first round. After that who knows. It might be like the last playoffs where we end up with the MLB international feed or it could end up like the Raptors where we got the TSN/Sportsnet feeds for the whole playoffs because we're not America. I imagine it depends on what Rogers wants to do in terms of production and what MLB's rules are on international broadcast rights for the playoffs (it might be that we have to have the Harold Reynolds whistle-fest because MLB doesn't allow outside license of its broadcasts and only sell their own feed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad