Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v4) Next: vs NYM | Sun, Sept 13 | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Peterson vs Ryu

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Buck was talking about Tom Seaver because Dan had just announced that Seaver passed away. Apparently he had passed away on Monday but it wasn't reported until today.

I definitely missed that. Started watching after the Gurriel homerun.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
He sucks at bunting. I think he's failed on 2 out of 3 opportunities. Failed as in foul bunted for strike 3.

I'd rather see him try to bunt than first pitch swing a ball for an out. Seems like an easy decision to me ... But I'm no coach

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'd rather see him try to bunt than first pitch swing a ball for an out. Seems like an easy decision to me ... But I'm no coach

There's probably a better chance of him advancing the runner by hitting than trying to bunt.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Man, if we do make the playoffs and Dolis comes on in a tight game, I might have to change the channel for my own health.

Reactions: Puckstuff and kb

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Big win. Montoya still a moron.

Dolis in the 8th in a 1 run game

Shows he has zero baseball IQ

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Bichette can't come back fast enough.

I like Villar batting lower in the lineup with everyone healthy.

Bichette
Biggio
Hernandez
Grichuk
Vlad
Rowdy
Gurriel
Villar
Jansen

That's a solid lineup. Not sure where JV plays probably moves around depending on who's DHing.

Reactions: Just Rude

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
needs to be,

biggio
teocar
bo
grichuk
vladdy
gurriel
tellez
villar
jansen

re: Bichette's return - Defensively would we rather Biggio to 3B, Bichette at SS/2B, Villar at 2B/SS or option 2) Bichette at SS, Biggio at 2B, Shaw at 3B (what's worked decently so far) ? Just thinking if it's worth changing the entire defensive infield to get Villar's marginally better bat and speed into the game.

edit - shoot didn't mean to post this in the GDT

Last edited:

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
re: Bichette's return - Defensively would we rather Biggio to 3B, Bichette at SS/2B, Villar at 2B/SS or option 2) Bichette at SS, Biggio at 2B, Shaw at 3B (what's worked decently so far) ? Just thinking if it's worth changing the entire defensive infield to get Villar's marginally better bat and speed into the game.

edit - shoot didn't mean to post this in the GDT

I would keep Villar as a bench option. Fill in for Bo or Biggio when needed.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I would keep Villar as a bench option. Fill in for Bo or Biggio when needed.

That's what i'm thinking too. I don't mind Shaw as the #8 hitter playing third to keep the defence the way it was but Villar has a few games to change my mind I guess.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Walker looks hurt. Either shaking his shoulder or his hip or something. He is definitely shaking something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->