Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v4) Next: vs NYM | Sun, Sept 13 | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Peterson vs Ryu

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Big DP and pickoff. Somewhat rare for me in a regular season game even a meaningful one, I had a fist pump after the DP.
Much welcome victory.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaOfBlue

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So there are no cutouts in teh stands in day games because of glare? Since when? And what loser team whinged about this and forced it to happen?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Wait...what?!?

Hazel mentioned it a few minutes ago on the pre-game. They took the cutouts out from behind home plate today because during day games the finish is glossy enough that it causes glare. I don't remember this being a thing before so I can only assume that some team recently complained that it was an issue.

I was wrong in that it's not the whole stadium, just the section behind the plate.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
This sounds like something Stroman would complain about, so maybe he has some protégés in the clubhouse.

Reactions: BigBlu

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Is it a Buffalo thing now or a leaguewide thing? Either way, despite them not playing a day game in Buffalo, I wouldn't doubt for a second that it was the Yankees.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is it a Buffalo thing now or a leaguewide thing? Either way, despite them not playing a day game in Buffalo, I wouldn't doubt for a second that it was the Yankees.

It's hard to say definitively, but the way Hazel phrased it sounded like it was a league issue and not one specific to the Jays or Buffalo. I guess we'd have to watch highlight packs with day games to see what other places are doing.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It's hard to say definitively, but the way Hazel phrased it sounded like it was a league issue and not one specific to the Jays or Buffalo. I guess we'd have to watch highlight packs with day games to see what other places are doing.

Hmm. Sounds like too much work. I'll just stick with blaming the Yankees until someone gives me a good reason not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad