Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v3) Next: @Mia | Wed, Sept 2 | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Ryu vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
This ump hates Tellez specifically. Thats the 3rd bad call on him.

Villar errorand Yamaguchi being left in too long killed us. Always tomorrow.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You mean Villar isn't an ideal #3 hitter ? No way
tumblr_pppl5uW4pT1tx72cpo1_400.gifv

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
This ump hates Tellez specifically. Thats the 3rd bad call on him.

Villar errorand Yamaguchi being left in too long killed us. Always tomorrow.

Montoya is a moron he’s going to cost them a playoff spot

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Something is off with the whole Vogelbach thing. To have buyer's remorse this fast there has to be more to it. Off the field/behind the scenes stuff going on.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Vogelbach was free, we traded cash for him.

I know. I was suggesting we didn't need to get him as insurance in case we traded Tellez like the other poster suggested. Why did we get him only to DFA him without giving him a chance? If we never really wanted him and just grabbed him because he cost no assets - why not see what he could do? Makes no sense to me unless there's more to it because it's not his 6 plate appearances that sealed his fate here.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I know. I was suggesting we didn't need to get him as insurance in case we traded Tellez like the other poster suggested. Why did we get him only to DFA him without giving him a chance? If we never really wanted him and just grabbed him because he cost no assets - why not see what he could do? Makes no sense to me unless there's more to it because it's not his 6 plate appearances that sealed his fate here.

I agree with you. I don't think they should have picked him up even as a replacement for Tellez if he was traded. I was just giving a possible reason.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I agree with you. I don't think they should have picked him up even as a replacement for Tellez if he was traded. I was just giving a possible reason.

I still think they regretted it after he got here. Or he regretted coming and the agent and management had a discussion which precipitated removing him from the team. Just my very uneducated hunch here.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I still think they regretted it after he got here. Or he regretted coming and the agent and management had a discussion which precipitated removing him from the team. Just my very uneducated hunch here.

That could be. I don't think there was a problem with him, because from what I heard it seems he is quite popular in the clubhouse in Seattle.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Well if they swung and missed on deadline acquisition in Villar, Ray and/or Stripling then they don’t need that spot and he still here.

They got him, then they got better players so they move off him. Happens all the time.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Well if they swung and missed on deadline acquisition in Villar, Ray and/or Stripling then they don’t need that spot and he still here.

They got him, then they got better players so they move off him. Happens all the time.

I fail to see what pitchers have to do with anything? Don't we have like 20 of them? We'll taxi them up and down as needed until the end of the year. Some may come back from injury. Not much to do with Vogelbach.

We got Villar- Drury lost his roster spot. Nice upgrade. Again not Vogelbach's roster spot as far as I can tell.

It's not weird to you I get it. It seems odd to me though.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I fail to see what pitchers have to do with anything? Don't we have like 20 of them? We'll taxi them up and down as needed until the end of the year. Some may come back from injury. Not much to do with Vogelbach.

We got Villar- Drury lost his roster spot. Nice upgrade. Again not Vogelbach's roster spot as far as I can tell.

It's not weird to you I get it. It seems odd to me though.

It’s not odd, happens every day. Players get claimed/traded and let go, sometimes in the same day. I think you are reading too much into it.

Sure Vogelbach doesn’t look like he was losing his spot directly to Villar but he kind of is as Drury was no longer on the active roster. Jays optioned Drury off the active roster on August 28th to make room for Vogelbach on August 28th, the same day.

Ray and Stripling replace the 2 pitchers in Waguespack and Gaviglio and Villar replaces Vogelbach, a position player for a position player. As I said, it looks like Vogelbach was insurance.

Drury optioned for Vogelbach. Vogelbach DFA for Villar.

Shaw and Drury were horrible at 3B. Vladdy lost 15 pounds since opening day and his bat was coming around, the moment Vogelbach was traded for on August 24th, Vladdy was seen at 3B taking ground balls the day the trade was announced or the day before.

Making Vladdy take grounders a 3B was to provide the team with “flexibility”. You know, in case they couldn’t get help at the deadline.

Perhaps if the Jays didn’t get Villar or Bichette has a set back then the Jays could have put Vladdy back at 3B. Then rotate Shaw, Vogelbach and Tellez at 1B and DH. So a backup plan.

Jays were able to acquire a versatile player that likely helps their 3B conundrum as it looks like Biggio, Bichette and Villar will play so variation of 2B, SS and 3B.

Once the trade for Villar happened, no need for Vogelbach on the active roster and Vladdy is no longer taking ground balls a 3B. Vogelbach could accept the assignment at stay with the Jays at the alternate camp.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Does anyone know what number Vogelbach actually had? Because I feel like the only games he was active for he was wearing 42 because it was Jackie Robinson weekend. Could he be the first ever player to get traded and play for a team and never actually wear his real number?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leave Vlad at 1st and get another DH ...I mean Vogelbach level guys are almost free just go get one if you wanna trade Tellez.
Vogelbach was such a bizarre acquisition. He can only play one position, doesnt get on-base, is 27, etc. Guys like him can absolutely be had for free, hes a replacement level player that can only DH/1B and cant hit. Even in his "all-star" season he was awful, given his position. Tellez is pretty easily the guy you gamble on here for plenty of reasons.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Vogelbach was such a bizarre acquisition. He can only play one position, doesnt get on-base, is 27, etc. Guys like him can absolutely be had for free, hes a replacement level player that can only DH/1B and cant hit. Even in his "all-star" season he was awful, given his position. Tellez is pretty easily the guy you gamble on here for plenty of reasons.

Well they practically did get him for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad