Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v2) Next: @TB |Fri, Aug 21| 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | TBA vs Yarbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Vladdy needs to get closer to the plate. There is no way he can get to the outside pitches.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Vladdy needs to get closer to the plate. There is no way he can get to the outside pitches.

Someone else mentioned a couple days ago his approach is way off... I agree it seems that way to this casual fan. He took a 3-0 count and tried to obliterate a low inside pitch for a foul, then the EXACT same pitch next he just fluffed to short.... Doesn't seem like he is in sync.

Reactions: kb

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Somehow every waddling step that Joe West makes infuriates me.

Also that should be a HR if the padded wall is the extent of the OF fence and the crowd guardrail is out of play.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
This is why you dont have 2B play the OF. Can we please just let Biggio play 2B and players play the position they know. RF should have called off Panik but Biggio didnt do that because he doesnt play OF that often, its not second nature.

Had a play similar where Biggio, Tellez and Espinal were trying to catch a foul ball. The 2B knows his job is to direct traffic there and the RF to call it, none of that happened and we almost had a collision.

We have OF on the roster, keep Biggio at 2B and play Alford for the injured Fisher.

Everyone wants versatility but it comes at the expense of your defense. Let your utility guys learn to play other positions, and keep your stars at the position they know.

Last edited:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I'm not a negative guy, but when I see Vladdy coming up, I fully expect a ground ball out to an infielder.

Ryu might as well hit.
Ya I expect either a ground out or strike out. He’s been hot garbage so far offensively and defensively. They need to have a difficult and serious conversation with him about how he is approaching his career.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Ya I expect either a ground out or strike out. He’s been hot garbage so far offensively and defensively. They need to have a difficult and serious conversation with him about how he is approaching his career.
Seems like he is thinking waaaay too much. Just get in the box, pick a zone, and if the pitch is there, rake.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Vladdy has truly looked like an average hitter in the big leagues. Hasn't lived up to the hype at all. We can be patient with him here in Toronto but so far it's been underwhelming.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm finding this season increasingly frustrating to watch. I think it's due to the extended playoffs combined with a shorter season. I want this team in the post-season and the 'stakes' each game has is getting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad