Boston Bruins 2020 Training Camp - Phase III - Training Camp at Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
First steps on a long road. Glad they're able to get on the ice at last. Fitness in terms of skating ability and endurance is going to be one of the hardest things to recover and will take some time. But at least this is a start.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I have physically distanced myself from this thread for far too long. I'm so glad to see some sort of on-ice news. Z should be hoisting the cup right about now but I'll take this.

Any word on the Euro players? Are they in town?

Don't know if it applies to all teams but Jeff Molson (Habs owner) had a press conference today and when he was asked that very question he answered that the Euro's have been advised to stay put and that they are working on something with governments that will allow them back without quarantining. Basically something centered around testing that would allow them to skip that step he but didn't elaborate.

Reactions: Paddington

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Don't know if it applies to all teams but Jeff Molson (Habs owner) had a press conference today and when he was asked that very question he answered that the Euro's have been advised to stay put and that they are working on something with governments that will allow them back without quarantining. Basically something centered around testing that would allow them to skip that step he but didn't elaborate.
Do we know exactly who's not in Boston?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Do we know exactly who's not in Boston?

Can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure Krejci,Pasta and Kase are in Czech Republic and Nordy and Lindholm are in Sweden.

Chara I'm pretty sure is in Boston .

No idea where Rask , Halak or Uhro are.

The rest are either Canadian or American I think, I'm I forgetting anyone?

Reactions: Spooner st

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
giphy (2).gif

giphy.gif

giphy (1).gif

One step closer.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure Krejci,Pasta and Kase are in Czech Republic and Nordy and Lindholm are in Sweden.

Thought I read that Krejci was at his summer place in the Carolinas?

Guess Marchand stayed in the U.S. since he was able to skate today.

Chara came back to Boston last week sometime I think.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Krejci lives in Carolina.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

My mind instantly went to the Simpsons ringer softball team episode and Ozzie Smith disappearing.

Reactions: JOKER 192

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
One thing to consider - Euros might hang out for awhile. These practices in Phase 2 are NOT mandatory, and, despite the work hard/team-first/groupthink culture of the NHL, I think giving a pass on being the first man in would be acceptable.

From what I gather, Sweden is basically open - ice is easy to find. But I also recall Nordy talking about stick handling on fake plastic ice during COVID, so maybe he hasn't skated yet? (Or maybe Bruins PR told him to say that.) Either way, he might consider staying in Sweden until the last minute. Apparently, that last minute is mid-July (13th 0r 20th), so it's still a good month away. They might have those players stay in their home countries for at least 2 more weeks until the actual date of Phase 3 is announced, and then come home to quarantine.

aguineapig

I am trying to curb my enthusiasm of my greatest joy in hopes of what we want is not going to be of possible harm to humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad