WJC: 2020 Team USA Roster Talk

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I’m hoping that USA and Canada both lose two guys. Fair game.... no excuses...drop the puck

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
So is it just Hughes and Farabee that are looking to be loses to the NHL or am I forgetting anyone? I totally feel like I'm forgetting someone.

Nope, you're right. I guess technically they could lose Wahlstrom as he's still with the Islanders, although I think it'd be surprising if he's not in the AHL for most of the season.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Farabee and Wall-E should be available to play, but will the teams let them come is another question..Arizona blocked Fischer from some odd reason and other teams have as well...but if both are up in the NHL by December than no shot they can make it here...

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Farabee and Wall-E should be available to play, but will the teams let them come is another question..Arizona blocked Fischer from some odd reason and other teams have as well...but if both are up in the NHL by December than no shot they can make it here...

I imagine they'll be made available unless there's a good chance they'd be called up to the NHL around that time as you mention. Fischer was an anomaly in terms of our WJC eligible AHL players. I would be less hopeful on Farabee since it seems like he deserved to make the Flyers but was sent down due to cap issues. I'm fine if they miss the WJC because they're in the NHL, but if they're not, it sure would be great to have two more impact players in the mix.

Reactions: AmericanDream

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I know he seemed to be on the bubble or off a lot of rosters here from the summer, but Nick Robertson needs to be on this team. He's been destroying the OHL to start the year.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I know he seemed to be on the bubble or off a lot of rosters here from the summer, but Nick Robertson needs to be on this team. He's been destroying the OHL to start the year.

His brother tore up the O during his 18 year old season and didn't make it that year. Will be interesting to watch that play out.

Reactions: LDN

ASPIFC

Jun 20, 2019
Losing Wahltsrom and Farabee would be massive. Wahlstrom probably is not going to stay with Isles tho.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I was hoping Moynihan would play his way to camp in December but man the USA looks strong up front even missing those big name players.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a look in December if he continues his strong start. I'd be really surprised if he actually made the team, but Moynihan is the type of guy they typically like a lot, so never say never.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Way too early, but it's nice to see a bunch of non-locks for the team with really strong starts:
  • Arthur Kaliyev (Hamilton) - 24 points in 11 games
  • Nic Robertson (Peterborough) - 20 points in 11 games
  • Alec Regula (London) - 10 points in 6 games
  • Zac Jones (UMASS) - 5 points in 3 games
  • Parker Ford (Providence) - 5 points in 3 games
  • Bobby Brink (Denver) - 4 points in 5 games
  • Jordan Harris (Northeastern) - 3 points in 3 games
  • Robert Mastrosimone (BU) - 3 points in 2 games
  • Shane Pinto (North Dakota) - 3 points in 3 games
  • Ryan Johnson (Minnesota) looks really strong for Minnesota already
Kaliyev and Robertson aren't locks, but with their performances at the WJSS and to start the season, it'd be tough to imagine them not there.

Also really important that Regula's had a strong start after missing the WJSS with injury. With Wilde's poor WJSS, and current injury, it's critical that an RHD steps up to likely join Emberson on the team and Regula is the best candidate for that.

Two guys not really in contention that will be if they keep it up:
  • Patrick Moynihan (Providence) - 4 points in 3 games
  • Owen Lindmark (Wisconsin) - 5 points in 3 games

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Way too early, but it's nice to see a bunch of non-locks for the team with really strong starts:
  • Arthur Kaliyev (Hamilton) - 24 points in 11 games
  • Nic Robertson (Peterborough) - 20 points in 11 games
  • Alec Regula (London) - 10 points in 6 games
  • Zac Jones (UMASS) - 5 points in 3 games
  • Parker Ford (Providence) - 5 points in 3 games
  • Bobby Brink (Denver) - 4 points in 5 games
  • Jordan Harris (Northeastern) - 3 points in 3 games
  • Robert Mastrosimone (BU) - 3 points in 2 games
  • Shane Pinto (North Dakota) - 3 points in 3 games
  • Ryan Johnson (Minnesota) looks really strong for Minnesota already
Kaliyev and Robertson aren't locks, but with their performances at the WJSS and to start the season, it'd be tough to imagine them not there.

Also really important that Regula's had a strong start after missing the WJSS with injury. With Wilde's poor WJSS, and current injury, it's critical that an RHD steps up to likely join Emberson on the team and Regula is the best candidate for that.

Two guys not really in contention that will be if they keep it up:
  • Patrick Moynihan (Providence) - 4 points in 3 games
  • Owen Lindmark (Wisconsin) - 5 points in 3 games
can we just take the entire Wisconsin and BU teams lol...

the depth is really showing up here...as a Hawks fan really hoping Jake Wise finds his way back on these lists..2 games 2 apples so far, but he needs to stay healthy and produce this year to have any shot. but him, Zegras and Mastrosimone are an exciting group to watch..

if Farabee, Wahlstrom and Wilde aren't available, very confident this group can answer the call...truly the most depth/high end skill at one time we might ever have had. keep it up boys!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
can we just take the entire Wisconsin and BU teams lol...

the depth is really showing up here...as a Hawks fan really hoping Jake Wise finds his way back on these lists..2 games 2 apples so far, but he needs to stay healthy and produce this year to have any shot. but him, Zegras and Mastrosimone are an exciting group to watch..

if Farabee, Wahlstrom and Wilde aren't available, very confident this group can answer the call...truly the most depth/high end skill at one time we might ever have had. keep it up boys!
You guys are the clear favourites going into the tournament in my mind.

ASPIFC

Jun 20, 2019
Farabee also made his NHL debut. I expect that we see both Farabee and Wahlstrom at the World Juniors. Farabee probably has a bigger chance to stay in NHL but i dont hold my breath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->