WJC: 2020 Team USA Roster Talk

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So the 2020 WJC team should be mainly players from this years U-18 squad?

I'm excited for that

Knight, Rowe, York, Thrun, Turcotte, Zegras, Caufield, Boldy, Beecher. I think thats the most players from the U18 squad that could make it. There's a chance 2-3 of those players don't make it. Thats 9 players, so it won't be mostly players from this year's U18 squad.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Knight
Wolf
Saville

Samuelsson-Wilde
Miller-Emberson
Vlasic-York
Demin

Farabee-Zegras-Wahlstrom
Caufield-Turcotte-Kaliyev
Boldy-Drury-McLaughlin
Gruden-Pivonka-Brink
Jenkins

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
a lot of options here, a number of players will enter the mix that we haven't even included, always happens. this is one of the deeper goups I have seen at nearly every position. not having Hughes is definitely a let down, but we need a few others to step up and take some big roles here. so much skill at the forward level, I think we can get by with not a lot 00's there as long as we go with skill.

Farabee, Wall-E and Drury will be dominating NCAA players by then, they will make this group look even deeper. McLaughlin, Hall and Wise are prime targets for players rising up the ranks and earning spots here.

just so much overall talent hard to f*** this up lol

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Obviously I’m banking on Wise having a better season next year, he probably won’t but for now I’ll roll the dice on him. 3rd goalie doesn’t matter, maybe you bring Commesso to give him experience but he’d be the 3rd goalie for 2 years most likely.

Farabee- Turcotte- Wahlstrom
Boldy- Zegras- Caufield
Kaliyev- Drury- Brink
McLaughlin- Jenkins- Janicke
Wise

Miller- Emberson
Samuelsson- Wilde
Demin- Regula
York

Knight
Wolf
Saville

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
lol, that team is going to be absurd it's almost funny. Even losing Hughes, that would be one of the most skilled forward groups top to bottom the US has ever had. Will also have Knight returning after getting experience this year

Got to be the favorites right?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
They can bolt and not play in the NHL. I don't think their NHL teams are putting them in the NHL unless they are ready.

I don't see either being good enough to play in the NHL next season.

Farabee and Wahlstrom have the option of playing in the AHL next year

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Blake McLaughlin has started to figure out the college game recently. Hope he keeps it up and makes a strong push for this team next year.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Stranges (02 Forward) and Regula(00 D man) from London may have a shot to crack the US lineup...more likely Regula though....Solid two way D man Detroit 3rd rounder

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Stranges does. Draft-eligibles almost never make the roster. Two did this year, but Hughes is projected 1OA and Knight is equivalent level for a goalie. Top 5-10 projected picks like Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy didn't even get called into the final camp. I doubt Stranges will make it next year, although he might be our best 2020 draft prospect.

I think Regula has a good chance. We don't return any right shots, so there will definitely be spots open. I tend to think Emberson and Wilde are ahead of him for a spot, but if we take three right-shots, he should be next. To me, the defense seems pretty straight-forward. A lot of good candidates, but it doesn't seem to be as wide open as this year was. Samuelsson, Miller, Emberson, Wilde, York, Regula and Thrun. Shouldn't be much more to it than that.

However, Regula's situation almost reminds me of Joey Keane's, the player London just acquired. Should've made the team, but a few NCAA guys who aren't currently better than him have really good starts to the season, and he gets left off. USA Hockey prefers the NCAA guys. If its between a gamble in the NCAA's having a good season and a CHL guy, they'll take the gamble in the NCAA's. I hope USA Hockey learns from that when choosing the roster next year. St. Ivany over Keane was an awful decision, and I would've also picked Keane over Miller. Miller is the better prospect, but Keane was more likely to help the team this year.

Reactions: LDN

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
Farabee - Turcotte - Wahlstrom
Boldy - Zegras - Wise
Caufield - Drury - Brink
Gruden - Beecher - Kaliyev

McLaughlin/Donovan/Robertson
-
York - Samuelsson
Miller - Wilde
Thrun - Emberson
Regula
-
Knight
Wolf
Saville/Rowe

Reactions: clevelandcane

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I dont know anymore, thankfully all those videos in the Jack Hughes is a bum thread has really excited me that he will be here next year not dominating as usual.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Farabee - Turcotte - Wahlstrom
Boldy - Zegras - Wise
Caufield - Drury - Brink
Gruden - Beecher - Kaliyev

McLaughlin/Donovan/Robertson
-
York - Samuelsson
Miller - Wilde
Thrun - Emberson
Regula
-
Knight
Wolf
Saville/Rowe
good looking group, I will say this - Sean Farrell has been impressing me more and more.. a late 01 but the kid can play it any way you like and IMO has a serious chance at this team..I would put him here over Gruden thought I understand why you have Gruden there..

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
good looking group, I will say this - Sean Farrell has been impressing me more and more.. a late 01 but the kid can play it any way you like and IMO has a serious chance at this team..I would put him here over Gruden thought I understand why you have Gruden there..

He's impressed me too. Small player but isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas and has pretty good skill and IQ. With this team in particular, it really is anyone's guess after the first couple lines. USA usually takes older players so I figured Gruden will have a good shot over Farrell but who knows at this point.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I dont know anymore, thankfully all those videos in the Jack Hughes is a bum thread has really excited me that he will be here next year not dominating as usual.

Nobody that actually matters agrees. Every NHL level evaluator has him as a runaway #1 still, he will be in the show. Hopefully in Detroit in my case.:laugh::naughty:

I still think we have a gold medal caliber team next year. I love our one two punch at center even without Hughes.

Reactions: AmericanDream

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Not including the greatest line ever Farabee, Hughes, Wahlstrom:

Caufield Tourcotte Kaliyev
Boldy Zegras Brink
Robertson Farinacci Mastrosimone
Checking Line: Drury Beecher Moynihan
Donovan/Wise

Regula Johnson
Helleson York
Demin Vlasic
Wilde

Knight

idk if the defensive pairings are right I just picked a bunch of names from the mock draft honestly

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Yeah he's having a better year than Tkachuk did, and Tkachuk has adjusted to the NHL just fine. If i were to bet I'd say he's in the NHL, but I sure hope not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad