WJC: 2020 Team Russia

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What does team Russia look like for the world juniors this year?
As a London Knights fan I am wondering if Krill Steklov or Matvey Guskov will be considered for the Roster?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As a London Knights fan I am wondering if Krill Steklov or Matvey Guskov will be considered for the Roster?

A lot will depend on the series vs CHL teams, where CHL kids get their chances to win spots on the team. They will have to be really good, though, because Bragin usually prefers those, who play in Russia.

Reactions: LDN

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hell no! They have to jump out of their pants to make the team. And Steklov is 17 ffs. He is not even remotely close to that level.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Feels like Russia is going to have a pretty interesting team this year with guys like Morozov, Marchenko, Dorofeyev, Denisenko, Podkolzin, Misyul, Galenyuk, Askarov and Amirov, if all those guys make it.

Could someone make up a mock of what a lineup might look like for Team Russia at the the WJC? @Caser ?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Feels like Russia is going to have a pretty interesting team this year with guys like Morozov, Marchenko, Dorofeyev, Denisenko, Podkolzin, Misyul, Galenyuk, Askarov and Amirov, if all those guys make it.

Could someone make up a mock of what a lineup might look like for Team Russia at the the WJC? @Caser ?

Most of those guys mentioned will make it I'm sure since they are playing in Russia.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

Just some roster without thinking too much on it:

Denisenko-Morozov-Dorofeyev
Marchenko-Khovanov-Podkolzin
Zavgorodniy-Voronkov-Savunov
Tyutyayev(if healthy)-Komissarov-Kizimov

Romanov-Zhuravlyov
Misyul-Malyshev
Galenyuk-Pylenkov
Zamula-Okhotyuk

Miftakhov
Askarov
Nosov

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Have they announced a roster for the upcoming CIBC Canada/Russia series in two weeks? They must have a pretty good idea at this point

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Most of Russian top guns (Askarov, Romanov, Zhuravlev, Dorofeyev, Denisenko etc) will play at U20 4 Nation Tournament. Podkolzin will play in the CHL series, though.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
What’s with Spiridonov being left off all the national team camps/tournaments? Seems odd he wouldn’t be on at least one of the 4 nations or CIBC series

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
What’s with Spiridonov being left off all the national team camps/tournaments? Seems odd he wouldn’t be on at least one of the 4 nations or CIBC series
He will be there next year. At this point he's a borderline player even for a second tier. Most of the invited guys are already playing in the KHL or VHL. Another example of MHL player invited is Ilya Nikolaev. Who's a slightly better player at the moment IMO.

More surprising omission is actually Voronkov.
Zhilyakov, Kizimov, Pribylskiy also not invited

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
He will be there next year. At this point he's a borderline player even for a second tier. Most of the invited guys are already playing in the KHL or VHL. Another example of MHL player invited is Ilya Nikolaev. Who's a slightly better player at the moment IMO.

More surprising omission is actually Voronkov.
Zhilyakov, Kizimov, Pribylskiy also not invited

Voronkov is hurt I think, btw, pretty possible that Zhilyakov and Spiridonov too, as they aren't playing now.

Tyutyayev is still injured ?

Yep, still recovering.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
4 Nations tournament roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Vladimir Galkin
Vsevolod Skotnikov

D
Danila Galenyuk
Ilya Gatiyatulin
Grigoriy Gryaznov
Daniil Misyul
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Alexander Romanov
Daniil Zhuravlyov

FW
Yegor Chinakhov
Alexander Daryin
Grigoriy Denisenko
Pavel Dorofeyev
Arseniy Gritsyuk
Semyon Kizimov
Kirill Marchenko
Ilya Nikolayev
Danila Popov
Alexei Pustozyorov
Nikita Rozhkov
Alexei Tsyplakov
Alexander Zhabreyev
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: LDN

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will Maxim Groshev make the WJC team? He's looked good in the CHL Series and I've seen him a few times while watching Habs prospect Khisamutdinov. Wouldn't mind seeing the Habs draft him this summer.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
SDA didn't do enough to make the Can/Rus series against the OHL?

Right now the only lock in my opinion from the CHL is Zamula.

I think Zavgor and Khovanov might get a shot too.

This year and next year are going to be really competitive. There are a lot of really good Russian options in this age group.

And whoever was asking about Spiridonov, he was hurt. I think next year it'll be his one and only shot. Will get a shot as the top C in my opinion. I think he could have been used as a 4C this tourny if he was good to go.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
There is still half the Canada/Russia series to go but based on what has been seen to date, who has impressed and who hasn't? Gryaznov and everyone on the third pair of the 4 Nations team certainly played their way off the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad