2020 Tank Thread: Get Punched in the Solar Plexus for Alexis

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
I dont see us drafting high unless we win the lottery. Our team is mediocre and not straight up awful like a true tanking team. With some upgrades in free agency I can see us around 10th again.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
How bad is French education in BC? :laugh:

Lah - fruh - NYAIR, folks.
Justin was a better french teacher than a PM & my french is HORRIBLE. (people at the Aberdeen mall speak better English than my French).
Ok, the actual truth is, Justin DID teach french at my high school but decades AFTER ( my story though sounds better if leave that part out :naughty:)

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
I hope both the tank and lottery goes well for 2020. I'm sick and tired of us dropping every year.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I've got a feeling we trade our 2020 1st + for PK Subban

Something like that wouldn't surprise me at all, but my prediction is the Canucks deal their 2019 2nd and something like Virtanen or Hutton for a veteran winger coming off a career year, who will then get an extension.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lol if we do end up getting Lafrenier by the time he plays for us Horvat will be 26. 28+ in today’s NHL is a depreciating asset.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
No chance we get Lafreniere. Canucks will probably finish with 85-90 points. Best case scenario, we miss the playoffs and Benning gets Fired! No more top 5 picks gentlemen, we will be mediocre next season but definitely not terrible.

Reactions: Hit the post

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No chance we get Lafreniere. Canucks will probably finish with 85-90 points. Best case scenario, we miss the playoffs and Benning gets Fired! No more top 5 picks gentlemen, we will be mediocre next season but definitely not terrible.

I could see this happening if Markstrom is truly an elite goalie and plays to a similar level, or better, next year. If the goaltending regresses at all the team will finish lower in the standings. In addition, the Western Conference should be stronger next year. I'd say 85-90 points is an absolute best-case scenario for the Canucks.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Really depends whether Markstrom can keep it up and if Edler stays. Not to mention that Hughes has to be an impact player. Then what are they going to do with free agency? A lot has to go right again for the Canucks just to be in the (real) playoff hunt and by that I dont mean hovering around a wild card spot because of games played or lot of overtime games.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hopefully we have more than one first round pick for this one. Honestly, that's all I ask for.
Sign Edler to a one year deal,trade him at the TDL for a 1st +

Then do the same the next year if were still not in the playoffs hunt

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I've been on team tank for last five years, I need a break from this. This was the year when we should be adding another top 5 pick, but Markstrom and Petey torpedoed that, hoping for a top 6 guy at 10 now. This year we should be challenging for a playoff spot with Hughes. Hopefully we sign one of the impact FAs and take advantage of the ELCs of our meagre core. It's time I resign to the fact that we really cannot count on luck as a Canuck fan, so realistically with the current core we are staring at drafting 7-14 for the next draft if we are to hope for a tank. No thanks, it's time to start getting playoff experience towards our ultimate goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad