2020 Tank Thread: Get Punched in the Solar Plexus for Alexis

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
this is the draft, man. forget just tanking, we need to make a ****in beeline for Minnesota's 2020 1st, NYI's 2020 1st--pick a team you think might fall off, we gotta get their pick.
Pretty sure Minnesota is doing a retool. No interest in moving their picks. They moved granlund and coyle to get Fiala and Donato.

NYI, it’s Lou in charge. Good luck with that.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
This is pointless. So much mediocrity this year and we pick 10th. I'm leaving the tank thread and just going to the fire Benning thread next season, unless a miracle happens this offseason. I couldn't care less where we are in the standings next year unless we are either 1. dead last and fighting to keep it or 2. in a playoff position still in late March.

The lottery has really made jockeying between 8th-15th positions fairly pointless, at least to root for and to waste time thinking about.

Reactions: CanuckCity

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
We’re going through this every year until Benning is fired. It’s that simple. And honestly, seeing this team lose isn’t hell. My favorite part of this season was that 13 game stretch with only 1 win back in November. I loved it! I also loved being shutout 10 games this year. That’s how junk this team is, and there needs to be a significant change with management. Until that happens, for the greater good of the team longterm, I want them to be victimized game after game after game.

Reactions: The Drop

Nov 1, 2011
What's the overall strength of the draft relative to other drafts?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
It is March 30th 2020, The Canucks move up to 23rd from 25th after a two goal 3rd period performance from Loui Eriksson, Markus Granlund who is playing for another contract extension gets the shootout winner, the team comes through with another gutsy comeback win to move within 14 points of a playoff spot with 3 games left.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Unfortunately, the result from this past season means we will indeed be team tank again. There will be some more additions to the "Sea of Granlund" (i.e. non-inspiring depth players that blend together), but we won't be adding an impact player through the draft, we can't make a trade to save our lives, and the chances are low we score an impact free agent. So you basically have to hope nobody regresses, some players get better, and Hughes saves the defense.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Things are shaping up nicely for us to finish in no-man's land -- not bad enough to have a real shot at the lottery and not good enough to make the playoffs. Thankfully that will probably spell the end of Jim Benning and his fruitless regime.

Marky is also in a contract year so I am guessing we will see more of the same from him.

Luckily it sounds like the top 10 is stacked. Just don't trade our pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->