Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But why would he sign there though?
He's at PSG. He has a nice proposal and Tuchel loves him.
He'll leave if he can find a starting spot on a good team.
He won't start at Liverpool I'm guessing.
He wouldn’t sign and he wouldn’t start. But a player I like. Virgil and Gomez is the pairing there and nothing except for injury is going to break that up for now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, which is why Liverpool to him is like PSG, except without the fanhood status.
Nah, he'll move to a team where he'll be promised to start or he'll stay.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Icardi at 55M is huge business. His option was at 70. The 15M clause is how PSG got Inter to lower their demands, which is great business by Leonardo.
Cavani might or might not leave. He has proposals from nearly every big team but his agent has offered PSG to stay with a 40% salary discount. Talk about a heart and soul player.
With Icardi signed though, I'm not sure Cavani still holds that position. He'll be a bench option probably.

Meanwhile Aouchiche (St Etienne) and Kouassi (Milan) will likely leave PSG on a free. Aouchiche had trouble finding playing time but Kouassi played a lot in the second part of the season, playing way more minutes than Diallo or Kehrer (and to be honest, he was SPECTACULAR).
These two will hurt PSG. At some point, if they don't start playing their youngsters, at the very least on the bench, they'll continue to lose money. Coman, Ballo-Toure, Zagadou, Guendouzi, Moussa Dembele, Ikone, Diaby, Nkunku, Maignan, Rabiot, etc...
Crazy talent coming from their academy and leaving for cheap or free.
Didn’t even read the whole post before liking it. Welcome back to one of my favorite posters! :laugh:

Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I see, I was unaware that he outperformed Kimpembe who I was reading a while back that he was having a good season.
Kimpembe did have a strong season.
But Kouassi was better down the stretch. Strong at the back, huge ball skills and deadly on set plays.

Reactions: Cassano

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes, which is why Liverpool to him is like PSG, except without the fanhood status.
Nah, he'll move to a team where he'll be promised to start or he'll stay.
Fair play to him. That’s the right thing to do.

It’s going to be Werner or bust for LFC this summer. Anything asides that I think they might try to add some homegrown players. Backup Leftback is most pressing position on the back line but they aren’t going to break the back there.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Icardi at 55M is huge business. His option was at 70. The 15M clause is how PSG got Inter to lower their demands, which is great business by Leonardo.
Cavani might or might not leave. He has proposals from nearly every big team but his agent has offered PSG to stay with a 40% salary discount. Talk about a heart and soul player.
With Icardi signed though, I'm not sure Cavani still holds that position. He'll be a bench option probably.

Meanwhile Aouchiche (St Etienne) and Kouassi (Milan) will likely leave PSG on a free. Aouchiche had trouble finding playing time but Kouassi played a lot in the second part of the season, playing way more minutes than Diallo or Kehrer (and to be honest, he was SPECTACULAR).
These two will hurt PSG. At some point, if they don't start playing their youngsters, at the very least on the bench, they'll continue to lose money. Coman, Ballo-Toure, Zagadou, Guendouzi, Moussa Dembele, Ikone, Diaby, Nkunku, Maignan, Rabiot, etc...
Crazy talent coming from their academy and leaving for cheap or free.
i like that PSG doesnt play their youngsters. Moussa Dembele and Odsonne Edouard for under 10m pounds thank you. which PSG youth should celtic sign next evilo?

Reactions: Cassano

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Icardi is going to be Ronaldo 2.0 at PSG, just wait you lot will see.

The reliable L'Equipe reporting that Arsenal very much want Moussa Dembele (Lyon) this summer - scouted him almost the entire season. While, Inter are looking at either Lacazette or Auba to help their striker situation from the grasps of Martinez potentially going to Barca.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

The reliable L'Equipe reporting that Arsenal very much want Moussa Dembele (Lyon) this summer - scouted him almost the entire season. While, Inter are looking at either Lacazette or Auba to help their striker situation from the grasps of Martinez potentially going to Barca.
Which ROnaldo and what stage of career Ronaldo?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know if it's the Werner or bust. But I do think it's going to be limited. Klopp will want players in house to get a shot. With Jones and Elliott coming up, I can see some logic to that direction.

I would take another midfielder, especially with the concern that Wijnaldum has not signed a new deal (though I guess it could get done) and Keita/Henderson still injury concerns.

Leftback is a thought, but if they're keeping Milner it isn't as much of a concern.

I would like to give Brewster a chance, and let Origi move on if he wanted, though that's a tough one there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know if it's the Werner or bust. But I do think it's going to be limited. Klopp will want players in house to get a shot. With Jones and Elliott coming up, I can see some logic to that direction.

I would take another midfielder, especially with the concern that Wijnaldum has not signed a new deal (though I guess it could get done) and Keita/Henderson still injury concerns.

Leftback is a thought, but if they're keeping Milner it isn't as much of a concern.

I would like to give Brewster a chance, and let Origi move on if he wanted, though that's a tough one there.
It’s a concern if they are keeping Milner. He can’t play that role well anymore. Milner is still useful as a midfielder but he is not great at full back. Of course he will probably be an option there because of the way this summer is going to shake out, but that really isn’t a good position for him

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
i like that PSG doesnt play their youngsters. Moussa Dembele and Odsonne Edouard for under 10m pounds thank you. which PSG youth should celtic sign next evilo?
Haha, pretty much every high profile PSG youth player.
The Paris area is the one that gives the most professionnals in Europe by a huge margin. Many come through PSG ranks, but plenty sign elsewhere (Rennes, Caen, Le Havre, Lyon, etc...).

Reactions: ecemleafs

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Ronaldo? Nope.
More like Inzaghi, which is mighty fine.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
L'Equipe reports Kouassi has narrowed it down to 3 proposals (each with a 5M signing bonus) :
Leipzig, Milan and ... PSG.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s a concern if they are keeping Milner. He can’t play that role well anymore. Milner is still useful as a midfielder but he is not great at full back. Of course he will probably be an option there because of the way this summer is going to shake out, but that really isn’t a good position for him

Here's my take on it. Someone good enough to play, probably doesn't want to sit the bench in 90% of the matches. It's not like forward or midfield where there are matches to be had. If Robertson is hurt, then it's obviously a concern, but I think that's in most places in the squad where they would have to make due until the player got back. I know they've looked at some younger players who they hoped would come in, sit for a year or two and maybe deputy. But at this stage, I think the club's economics don't make sense in buying a 15-20 million dollar player to never play.

Maybe with the pandemic happening the cost for a backup part player will be more affordable.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Here's my take on it. Someone good enough to play, probably doesn't want to sit the bench in 90% of the matches. It's not like forward or midfield where there are matches to be had. If Robertson is hurt, then it's obviously a concern, but I think that's in most places in the squad where they would have to make due until the player got back. I know they've looked at some younger players who they hoped would come in, sit for a year or two and maybe deputy. But at this stage, I think the club's economics don't make sense in buying a 15-20 million dollar player to never play.

Maybe with the pandemic happening the cost for a backup part player will be more affordable.
I agree with most of this, but LB is that one position that sticks out like a sore thumb unless Hoever can play there. LFC got scored on a lot when Milner played LB this season. Next season probably won’t be better. They need a body there. Tried to do it last summer with Lloyd Kelly, need to try to do it again. They wanted Saka, which would have been great, but there won’t be money for him now. They probably try to get another utility player back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad