Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If Sancho wants to leave, United won’t be the only club with interest. Being United has its advantages, but not over elite clubs with Champions League football.

Who was the last star player they even brought in? Pogba four years ago.
They signed Pogba and Bruno without Champions League. They’re man United

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He will be a starter as the 10 immediately 100%. His competition is corpse of Ozil, Joe Willock and Smith-Rowe. Smith-Rowe may actually be the main #10 next year TBH.

But TBH, they need to sign a buy like Buendia. Must buy with his playing style and Arteta's supposed vision.

The good thing is Arsenal will probably not shell out 20 million on a prospect. So he probably wont go there.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, being Man United is not what it once was. But they're going to offer way more in wages and marketing that most of their potential rivals (unless PSG, Barca or Real get involved).

That said, I kinda wonder if City is interested if Sane moves to Bayern. Would seem to work from a dollars concept.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean, being Man United is not what it once was. But they're going to offer way more in wages and marketing that most of their potential rivals (unless PSG, Barca or Real get involved).

That said, I kinda wonder if City is interested if Sane moves to Bayern. Would seem to work from a dollars concept.
They're not the same, but I imagine it is more enticing for an English player.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
United over someone else?

Eh. I think playing for Pep and City means more than a few extra bucks. But I don't think United would be the first option in his mind unless the goal really is just to cash checks.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
United over someone else?

Eh. I think playing for Pep and City means more than a few extra bucks. But I don't think United would be the first option in his mind unless the goal really is just to cash checks.
He already declined playing under Pep in City for 30k a week, don’t see him going back now even tho he is now close friends with Sterling.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Situations were *slightly* different then vs. now.
How are they so much different now? because Sane is leaving? Sancho is playing second season out of City, team that did all they coud to keep him, why would he rush back if he was so certain he wanted to leave?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How are they so much different now? because Sane is leaving? Sancho is playing second season out of City, team that did all they coud to keep him, why would he rush back if he was so certain he wanted to leave?

Two years ago he wasn't one of the best players in the world at his position. He left just as much for playtime and to establish himself as he did because he didn't want to play with City. I'm sure if Pep had said "you'll be the first choice RW and start almost every game" he wouldn't have been as quick to leave.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Two years ago he wasn't one of the best players in the world at his position. He left just as much for playtime and to establish himself as he did because he didn't want to play with City. I'm sure if Pep had said "you'll be the first choice RW and start almost every game" he wouldn't have been as quick to leave.
That plus more than 30k a week lol.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They signed Pogba and Bruno without Champions League. They’re man United

I already said Pogba, but that was four years ago, and they are worse now than four years ago. They might not even make the Champions League in a year where the fifth place team could qualify.

Bruno did not come in as a star player that they had to battle with other top teams to sign. Bruno has been linked with a move to a top team for years, and it never materialized until he went to Man United.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well two years ago 30k would have been fine. Obviously it'll be way more than that now.

I can't seem to find much info on it, but I can't imaging Dortmund was offering him a major contract when he first moved over.
I'm just saying it would've been a lot harder for him to leave if he was on stupid wages which is what he would be on now.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I already said Pogba, but that was four years ago, and they are worse now than four years ago. They might not even make the Champions League in a year where the fifth place team could qualify.

Bruno did not come in as a star player that they had to battle with other top teams to sign. Bruno has been linked with a move to a top team for years, and it never materialized until he went to Man United.

theyre 2 points back of Chelsea with a much more favorable schedule here on out.

I’d be more concerned with why the top 3 young players in Germany could all land in England in one summer.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
theyre 2 points back of Chelsea with a much more favorable schedule here on out.

I’d be more concerned with why the top 3 young players in Germany could all land in England in one summer.

Didn't Haaland already reject signing in England this year? It's funny how the Premier League fans are now trying to get cocky about signing players, especially ones of teams that might not finish in the Champions League spots in a year where there's an extra spot.

Werner isn't a young player. I think he's 24. The guy isn't even eligible for youth competitions anymore. He's not a young player. And I don't think he's very good. Don't like his game technically. I don't like his sense. He's a good goal-scorer and has good pace, but I'd be careful about what I expect from him. Nagelsmann has a history of making players look better than they are. Going from Nagelsmann to Lampard is a big step down. Sancho is English. England already lost him to Germany in an unprecedented move a few years ago. I would say that the Bundesliga has nothing to worry about there. The Premier League already lost that one. Havertz isn't going to stay at Leverkusen too much longer. It's not a big enough club. He's said he wants to go abroad. Thats his right.

And besides, I don't think Havertz is talking about England. I think he's talking about the two Spanish clubs. I also suspect thats where Sancho wants to go. Maybe those moves don't materialize, and they eventually consider England, but I think England is the back-up plan for both. It's not even clear either will leave this year. England might get 0 of the best three young players from Germany. If I was making my own list, I wouldn't have Havertz on my list either. His teammate Tapsoba is the better player.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Arthur to Juve wont go away. The transfer wouldnt be the worse thing if it didnt involve Pjanic. I would take 60+ million outright and turn around for Kai. But no Barca will take 30 million plus Pjanic who will be given stupid wages then loaned out in 2 years.

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
But they got the best ever player from Germany in Pulisic. Did they even have CL to draw him?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
But they got the best ever player from Germany in Pulisic. Did they even have CL to draw him?

Yes, they did. Besides, drawing Pulisic is like drawing a player from Australia, Ireland, Scotland, Canada. Same reason that South American players prefer Spain. Language matters.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It's funny how the Premier League fans are now trying to get cocky about signing players, especially ones of teams that might not finish in the Champions League spots in a year where there's an extra spot.

Except no one's getting cocky. People post rumors about Sancho literally saying "not sure if this is legit but posting it" and you get super defensive.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Except no one's getting cocky. People post rumors about Sancho literally saying "not sure if this is legit but posting it" and you get super defensive.

You claimed the three best young players in the Bundesliga would be lost to the Premier League. You were trying to bait an argument.

I made a simple point about what United has to do to sign top players, and a string of Premier League fans didn’t like it. I was told that because an unreliable source was reporting that Sancho would transfer to Man United that my opinion was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad